Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st NORMANDY MOD - WW2  -BETA RELEASE

People keep asking for the release date because they love and care for this mod.If it's not convenient to give a estimated release date then may i know approximately how many percentages of this mod are finished? Thanks again.

People keep asking for the release date because they love and care for this mod.If it's not convenient to give a estimated release date then may i know approximately how many percentages of this mod are finished? Thanks again.

Last time I gave one I was off by 8 days. But here's a release date for you...

Since I have a love for Mexican food. Cinco de Mayo.

There it is. I said it. Mark it on your calendars. IF things progress quickly and we get it done sooner. Then it will be a nice surprise.

-30 vehicles will be added.

-Some vehicles reworked.

-New weapon sounds.

-Lots of new terrain/towns/custom map features.

-Possible compatibility with other mods. ( We will look into that)

-A variety of new weapons such as the panzerfaust, PIAT, mines to be added and more

-New bunkers to be added

-New buildings

-Several hundred miles of train tracks, with rail yards and train stations to be added

-custom foilage/vegetation added

-Several famous WWII locations covered.

-Map is still one of ArmA's largest 154km x 154km as far as I know...for now.

After this release there will be one more, then the Normandy phase as far as I'm concerned it done. The last phase will feature some more map work and naval units.

After that it's onto the Ardennes & Battle of the Buldge. (Primarily a winter map/mod)

After that it's onto the Ardennes & Battle of the Buldge. (Primarily a winter map/mod)

Cinco de Mayo. = 5th May

Yay for a winter mod/map xmas_o.gif

XxEnigmaXX can u tell me where did u found documentation on wwII optics ? I m looking for things like that. I have this one but it s incomplete: ***LINK***

XxEnigmaXX can u tell me where did u found documentation on wwII optics ? I m looking for things like that. I have this one but it s incomplete: ***LINK***

unfortunately the only thing i can say is that I've spent far too much time searching the internet for such optics.

there rare at best.

Google searches come up with some.

E-books had a few in.

other then that operational manuals are the only really definite source you can find them in.

and there extremely rare at best.

I'm heading to Bovington tank museum at the end of this month and going to try my best to get some optics from there.

might have to work some magic though to let me in the tanks XD

unfortunately the only thing i can say is that I've spent far too much time searching the internet for such optics.

there rare at best.

Google searches come up with some.

E-books had a few in.

other then that operational manuals are the only really definite source you can find them in.

and there extremely rare at best.

I'm heading to Bovington tank museum at the end of this month and going to try my best to get some optics from there.

might have to work some magic though to let me in the tanks XD

Were is that museum ?

How did you count this? I'm supposted to do 1 plane with 4 versions and 1 tank with 8 versions. If I'm responsible for 12 out of 30 vehicles I would be surprised. So maybe you count all sub versions as one.

-Some vehicles reworked.

-New weapon sounds.

-A variety of new weapons such as the panzerfaust, PIAT, mines to be added and more

-New bunkers to be added

-New buildings

-Several hundred miles of train tracks, with rail yards and train stations to be added

After this release there will be one more, then the Normandy phase as far as I'm concerned it done.  The last phase will feature some more map work and naval units.

Well I have 2 more things which would make sense only in the Normandy phase (e.g you have little use for an S-boot (E-boat) in the Ardennes).That is if I could get some time to finish them, but customer orders of Belgian gates, trenches etc have kept me busy. whi:

I a nice book, in fact my own personal source about WW2 tanks, "Tank Warfare" by Bryan Perett, I have found a schematic pic of how was Pz III gunsight.

On the back of the same page, in the real thing, there is a barely visible pic of a 17 pdr gun sight, I believe this 76.2 mm L/58.4 introduced in 44 armed the Sherman Firefly.

Book ref : "Tank Warefare" by Bryan Perett, Arms and Armour Press, London, 1990.

How did you count this? I'm supposted to do 1 plane with 4 versions and 1 tank with 8 versions. If I'm responsible for 12 out of 30 vehicles I would be surprised. So maybe you count all sub versions as one.

-Some vehicles reworked.

-New weapon sounds.

-New bunkers to be added

-New buildings

After this release there will be one more, then the Normandy phase as far as I'm concerned it done.  The last phase will feature some more map work and naval units.

Well I have 2 more things which would make sense only in the Normandy phase (e.g you have little use for an S-boot (E-boat) in the Ardennes).That is if I could get some time to finish them, but customer orders of Belgian gates, trenches etc have kept me busy. whi:

We have many OFP conversions to carry over as well smile_o.gif\

maybe you forgot this :P

a lot of extra armor for the allies.

plus new models of Tanks for the Axis.

Plus,

Gurk is working with us now as well

who's currently working on expanding the allies AT capabilitys and also adding another allied armour piece to the collection.

i wouldn't be surprised if the next release will factor 30 or more vehicles.

but it would be a tall order to get everything finished by the 5th.

especially is theses 30 new vehicles need 30 new textures.

I a nice book, in fact my own personal source about WW2 tanks, "Tank Warfare" by Bryan Perett, I have found a schematic pic of how was Pz III gunsight.

On the back of the same page, in the real thing, there is a barely visible pic of a 17 pdr gun sight, I believe this 76.2 mm L/58.4 introduced in 44 armed the Sherman Firefly.

Book ref : "Tank Warefare" by Bryan Perett, Arms and Armour Press, London, 1990.

thanks for the Panzer III optics Old bear.

i'll work on making a version of them next time i have PS open.

would the Firefly optics look anything like this?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/Enigma-GFX/Optics_Firefly-1.png

Yes, the pic for the 17 pdr gun sight is very close, with 2/3 scales in the left for APC & HE, APCBC. I will try to get a pic of this part.

Yes, the pic for the 17 pdr gun sight is very close, with 2/3 scales in the left for APC & HE, APCBC. I will try to get a pic of this part.

well that's my version i have made so far.

if there is any difference with the one you have i'll tweak it.

but the British tank sights for the 2-6-17pdr are all remarkably similar.

It's bulge.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm sure it was a simple spelling mistake,Therefor did not require an entire post to correct him.

It's just a twitch I get. I kept seeing the same mistake, so I had to post. No biggie, it's just my twitch.

@ XxEnigmAxX : well, your 17 pdr gun sight looks good, I want just to show what I have found ... if it can help, here is a pic of the center of the gunsight from my source ...

That pic is excellent

Thanks Old bear.

I can tweak the 17 pounder to be almost 100% correct now.

Thanks again

Just wanted to show some WIP pics. Back from holiday now and back to work on the mod:

Starting to add some rvmat's and textures to some of the tanks:

better2.jpg

Troc finally got his work over to me for the tanks he has...some of them anyway:

firelfy.jpg

m10-1.jpg

Aqu chimes in with another V series rocket that will blow you away:

tintintothemoon.jpg

See ya soon

Torpedoes away!

They operate under the water as well. This vid was made during dev.

Thanks Aqu!

Realy nice. Can't wait to start with my campaign. Your work looks better and better!  thumbs-up.gif

Heres some rail road stuff in work ( there is literally hundreds of miles of rail):

railyard2.jpg

railroad.jpg

Some more scenery with new vegetation/clutter:

ambush-1.jpg

You'd never know an ambush was waiting on either side of the road for you!

This mod keeps amazing me. Waiting impatiently for a new release, though its probably far away. tounge2.gif

This train station is prometting. Did u make some round parachutes? If no, i saw that the bush war mod had some, maybe they can help u with that.

Will the torpedoes feature in Normandy and for which vehicle (submarine, rapid boat) ?

torpedoes will feature in Normandy,

at the minute I'm not entirely sure if they will be equipped to any aircraft (and if so which aircraft) for anti ship roles.

They should see action on ships definitely though.

as for parachutes nothing has been worked on as of yet,

but i know it's on the list for being looked at.