Sign in to follow this  
DWillyEfect

Weapon Wishlist

Quote[/b] ]We are NOT talking about just standart issued equipment (or logistics or price of weaponry) here, but option to take your killed sniper/marksman's rifle and carry it along with assault rifle.

Which can already be scripted if you want it. And some missions already have this implemented (i.e. Domination) through the use of a scripted "backpack".

But still a big NO for having this built in, mainly because it would be exploited probably without being possible to get rid of it. Also a big NO since such a solution would only give the benefits and none of the drawbacks (aim, breath, stamina, aiming etc).

What you want CAN be achieved even if it is not standard feature.

But still a big NO for having this built in, mainly because it would be exploited probably without being possible to get rid of it. Also a big NO since such a solution would only give the benefits and none of the drawbacks (aim, breath, stamina, aiming etc).

What are exploits of such feature? Sniper carrying M9 and M16/M203 and M24 in MP comes to mind. Ofcourse if magazine amount is limited then MP-guy has to split his inventory even more. 25 sniper rounds, 3 full magazines for M16 + 6 40mm grenades. M9 with 2 magazines. and 2 hand grenades + 2 smoke shells... Well has to agree that is quite a arsenal. Average games probably won't be able to use even 10% of that stuff before he gets shot.

Now exploit in MP is that every guy carries almost same stuff but we just replace M24 with AT4, RPG-7 or Javelin. That is quite a arsenal as well. Frankly i don't see much difference: replacing uber sniper weapon (we can still have AGOC), with AT-capacity.

True it can be scripted into game. Probably quite easily. And i'm not requesting it (more important thing there are), just challenging few points of view.

What you want CAN be achieved even if it is not standard feature.

Simple solution.

In Multiplayer, you are allowed only one primary weapon and a pistol instead of two primary weapons and a pistol. Ah-la R6V2.

I'm talking about IRL not quake style running around with 10 weapons. Sure you can run fast with all that gear on but not as far as you would with just one rifle.

So? Why can i blitz all-around ArmA battlefield with carrying Javelin and why i shouldn't be able to do that with 2 rifles huh.gif Weight penalty = good thing. But i just don't get that how in hell's bells i can't carry rifle, when i can carry either JAvelin, RPG, radio, AT4 along with my rifle (each of them weight more than rifle). You tell me that, with good reasons. And maybe it's cease my crusade. tounge2.gif I just doubt that there are any.

POTS:

Quote[/b] ]Yes there is, I would never battle with more than one rifle. You must carry twice the load on your back, and have twice the amount of ammunition to carry aswell. Not to mention the ability to switch between them in the heat of battle. Also twice the maintnence. Then it's twice the cost per soldiers. There are two many drawbacks for regular infantry to handle this.

You know what. Many hunters carry two weapons, shotgun and rifle during hunts. And have had not special training for that (well imagine that!wink_o.gif, they just take two weapons (which they handle) and start to hunt. Is it rabbit? Takes shotgun. Is it deer/moose? takes rifle. Aim, sqeeze the trigger and go collect your price.

We are NOT talking about just standart issued equipment (or logistics or price of weaponry) here, but option to take your killed sniper/marksman's rifle and carry it along with assault rifle.

I admit that it's not very important matter really. But arguments against putting it into game are just silly. Best argument i can figure against it, is probably strain to developers, while they could use that time to improve something else.

hunting is not battle; i hope you don't think it is...

icon_rolleyes.gif Oh really now... Are we little bit slow today? Example was to clarify to you that one doesn't need to go thru years and years lasting SF-traning to be able to wield two weapons. You just need to... take two rifles. It's that easy really.

And besides hunting and war fighting does require a lot of same things. For some odd reason, our army approves hunting as very good hobby (sports is another) and WW2 veterans generally favor it too. Fast, reliable and accurate weapon handling is one of reasons... Have you ever tried to shoot bird which suddenly rushes from bush and tries to get into it's wings? And If you ask me i'd put hunter as a point man, ability to notice difference in enviroment (first to spot opponents) is there. I think i've spent enough days in the field exercises to notice that. Reason why i'm starting my own hunting hobby aswell.

icon_rolleyes.gif Oh really now... Are we little bit slow today? Example was to clarify to you that one doesn't need to go thru years and years lasting SF-traning to be able to wield two weapons. You just need to... take two rifles. It's that easy really.

And besides hunting and war fighting does require a lot of same things. For some odd reason, our army approves hunting as very good hobby (sports is another) and WW2 veterans generally favor it too. Fast, reliable and accurate weapon handling is one of reasons... Have you ever tried to shoot bird which suddenly rushes from bush and tries to get into it's wings? And If you ask me i'd put hunter as a point man, ability to notice difference in enviroment (first to spot opponents) is there. I think i've spent enough days in the field exercises to notice that. Reason why i'm starting my own hunting hobby aswell.

Dont forget to bring your kevlar vest and helmet to the hunting among the grenades, radio, water, first aid kit, and food. tounge2.gif

Dont forget to bring your kevlar vest and helmet to the hunting among the grenades, radio, water, first aid kit, and food.  tounge2.gif

Not a change, i wish to enjoy it biggrin_o.gif

IIRC they said this seeing-through-smoke AI question is already fixed for ArmA 2 ! So, smokes are now a great thing, and flashbangs too !

(but I can't drive you to the info, sorry confused_o.gif )

Cool, i hope they did the AI-seeing through downed vegetation too.

I think it has been corrected in ArmA already. At least by tests i conducted in spruce-forest.

Maybe it has been removed by patches, but it was there still at... hmm... Maybe it was 1.08.

Really? don't remember that. On the other hand, I haven't been shoot through any of these trees lately either, its just some I have been aware of.

Really? don't remember that. On the other hand, I haven't been shoot through any of these trees lately either, its just some I have been aware of.

Well, atleast i've seen something like that to happen. Friendly troops don't spot each of other behind fallen spruce... Test word isn't necessarily right word. I was testing alright but it was more about how easily army of T-72 flat whole forest. biggrin_o.gif Tried to find good and easy way to clear cones of fire in to forests for defensive positions. Using T-72 was one way xmas_o.gif

I don't know how other tree types works, maybe it's just spruce's speciality. Anyways in firefight it doesn't much matter as AI are still able to shoot thru trees just like with bushes, even if it can't establish line of sight to target.

AI cannot see trough solid items...meshes..like large trees logs...but when it comes to bushes-leaves...it doesnt matter they can see you even if you cant see them at all!

I think that we can take that for a good shot if its a sniper with proper cammo and time to set up the firing point...but otherwise is a lack of proper "relative-spotting-AI" code.

Thats it

Some new Weapons (Weapon Systems) confirmed by "Jan Prazak (Bohemia Interactive)":

Quote[/b] ] We will introduce new types of the AK rifles family, new rocket launchers (both guided and unguided) as <span style='color:red'>SPG-9, Metis, Igla.</span>

notworthy.gif

Metis-M inlove.gif

Helis could also carry WP. I know this may roll some consciences but its a fact that they are being used on modern warfare.

P.D. Dont make link images to proof it please.

Just cram as many weapons as possible in the game and I'll be happy.

But what I'd reeeeally like to see:

a (compound) bow for civilians

Imagine the thrill of trying to take out an enemy squad in a forest when all you have is a bow, your skill and your guts. That would be awesome! Besides, ArmA 2 will feature wildlife and civilians, wouldn't a hunting bow make sense then? Of course it's a military sim so I shouldn't be carried away too much, but I think such a simple gimmick could mean lots of fun.

Also, a bowie knife or ka-bar would be a welcome addition. And let's not forget a flashlight!! Though that's not a weapon, it's a very useful tool.

Yes, a bow with explosive arrows  biggrin_o.gif

No, really who needs a bow when there is a hunting rifle.

Well, you don't have to use the bow if you don't want to. I just think it would be a nice extra feature if civilians could have a bow. Just for fun. After all, the hunting rifle is in it for fun too. But I do think it'll be difficult to do, cause special animations would have to be made. I hope one day a modder wil make a bow for ArmA. I just love bows and ArmA has the perfect outdoor engine.

Too bad you guys don't have any fantasy biggrin_o.gif