Sign in to follow this  
DWillyEfect

Weapon Wishlist

Metal Gear Online powa ! yay.gif

tounge2.gif lol, but hell the most weapons we have, the most different firefights and custom missions we will have...

But no need to make 300+ weapons crazy_o.gif

Just Kozlice, AK, M4, grenade, and rock'n'roll I'm happy xmas_o.gif ( + some more, for other gamers... rofl.gif )

All I want is

*M14

*M14 EBR

*M21 DMR

*M25

*M14 laser sight

*MA1 SOCOM 16

Basically anything in the M14 family and i'm set, maybe some shotguns too.....

I think in a game like arma a knife would just not fit..

Bu then again, having it defined in the configs for ppl like yourself trying to do smth different with arma's engine...well,tbh, i don't think they'll bother too much just for such an occasion. A bit OT, but how about a config for a horse? wink_o.gif

I think a knife would fit in this game nicely. I often found my self in situations when a knife would be nice to humiliate my oponent, especially in Warfare or missions like that, where you fight human enemy. ArmA II is supose to be directed into urban (street-to-street) combat. Sometimes you dont have a silenced weapon too, so a knife comes handy if you only have to take one dude out.

Allthough, knife would not be used very often like in CoD or smt but still, it would be nice to have it.

Hi, a SVU will be very pimp for the Squad Designated Marksman. Let's C ya

And what about the modern Kalashnikov AK-105, customized with a Vertical Foregrip, ACOG Scope and Magpul M93B Stock for the Russian Naval Infantryman.

Believe me, this will be a mighty Russian weapon. smile_o.gif

But what I'd reeeeally like to see:

a (compound) bow for civilians.

I agree, different sets of bows would make it very interesting to create hunting "missions" for civilians.

It most definately won't turn arma into a rambo game. I own a compound bow myself and I don't look anything like rambo... I'm much tougher  pistols.gif

Besides, should they remove the bicycle just because it would seem like a tour de france game? psshhhh.

COMPOUND BOWS!!! HURRAAA!

I think a knife would fit in this game nicely. I often found my self in situations when a knife would be nice to humiliate my oponent, especially in Warfare or missions like that, where you fight human enemy. ArmA II is supose to be directed into urban (street-to-street) combat. Sometimes you dont have a silenced weapon too, so a knife comes handy if you only have to take one dude out.

Allthough, knife would not be used very often like in CoD or smt but still, it would be nice to have it.

This...

I can't recall the number of times I've run out of ammo in a death match and the enemy is within feet, or I'm trekking across open terrain without a supply depot nearby. There needs to be some method implemented to cover these scenarios where melee and stealthy tactics are needed.

Also, why not at the least have a butt attack with rifles?

I´ll keep it simple

Grapi/HK69

HK69A1.jpg

Spread all over the world, universal 40mm slot, retractable buttstock and big bang for the buck.

My alltime favourite during my active time.

Edit: Added name :pet7:

Edited by Balschoiw

Anything for the US that fires a 7.62 round, preferably either a Mk 17 or HK417.

^ I would prefer a sopmod m14 for that. However, I find it a tad ridicilous that we expect bis to put in all these weapons. Considering that within the first year of arma 1 release i had over 150 modded guns, I expect all these wishes will come true soon enough.

A) proper working G36 with reddot and not to have to use a config file/mod to get it right

B) G36 with grandelauner

C) usp 9mm/45

D) g3 merc/resitance weapon.

as gifts in the next patch^^ mybe :-)

An addon system ala Crysis. That way, you buy/grab a gun, and bring up a customization menu to add different things onto the different rails. M4A1 for example.

*Top sight rail (reflex, red dot, holo, acog)

*Bottom RIS (Grenade launcher, flashlight, visible laser sight)

*Side RIS (IR laser, flashlight, visible laser)

Then your magazines switch out too. Currently, you can load an MG36 magazine onto anything using the standard STANAG setup. But! It still shows the default magazine on there. For the above, this might be something that's accessed though a menu in your profile. But the mags are just whatever is actually loaded.

This would allow people like me, who enjoy using the Holo sight on the M4+GL to use it on the M16 or just a standard M4. Same deal for camo options.

Well it wouldnt be anything as fancy as what crysis has, but you could make some kind of script that gives you an action allowing you to spawn different weapons that would replace your current weapon. So you would open this menu and select m16a4 acog and your weapon would switch to that. Assuming you had an m16a4 red dot first. However, this requires new models that have the eotech site on them to make it work. Plus, its super unrealistic. You cant just pop on and off sights. Most of them are connected with hex screws which dont just come off all the sudden. Even if you had the clip style ones it takes time to zero your sights and make sure they are lined up correctly. As for making the model of different magazines show up, the only way i could imagine doing that is by making separate models for each different magazine combination.

An addon system ala Crysis. That way, you buy/grab a gun, and bring up a customization menu to add different things onto the different rails. M4A1 for example.

*Top sight rail (reflex, red dot, holo, acog)

*Bottom RIS (Grenade launcher, flashlight, visible laser sight)

*Side RIS (IR laser, flashlight, visible laser)

Then your magazines switch out too. Currently, you can load an MG36 magazine onto anything using the standard STANAG setup. But! It still shows the default magazine on there. For the above, this might be something that's accessed though a menu in your profile. But the mags are just whatever is actually loaded.

This would allow people like me, who enjoy using the Holo sight on the M4+GL to use it on the M16 or just a standard M4. Same deal for camo options.

Well, using the mapfact weapons in ofp you could mount and dismount a silencer for example. Using different magazines in a weapon (e.g. an RPK magazine with an AK) could also be possible. But in that case to different weapon models are needed. It's a lot of scripting necassary I guess.

Problems occur if you use a magazine with single shot, burst and full auto mode classes with a single-and-auto-mode-only rifle.

Edited by DiFool