Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

What!? You think because there are xbox controller buttons in that video that it MUST be coming out on xbox360? HA! You DO understand that you can plug your xbox 360 controller into your PC and play the PC game version of arma 2 using the controller don't you? I downloaded the arma 2 game on my laptop unplugged my 360 controller and plugged it into the PC and it instantly recognized the controller, I didn't keep the game cause it really isn't made to be played with the controller on the computer but I did enjoy it. This game is NOT going to come out for the xbox or ps3 platforms, I think it's time we all just face the facts and realize it just aint gonna happen, or else they would have been keeping us informed by now. Either buy a $3 thousand dollar PC rig or wait for something else like battlefield 2 thats our only option at this point. I really even doubt that these forums are even being payed attention to at all! I think we are all just writing messages to each other, and what will that do for us?

What!? You think because there are xbox controller buttons in that video that it MUST be coming out on xbox360? HA! You DO understand that you can plug your xbox 360 controller into your PC and play the PC game version of arma 2 using the controller don't you? I downloaded the arma 2 game on my laptop unplugged my 360 controller and plugged it into the PC and it instantly recognized the controller, I didn't keep the game cause it really isn't made to be played with the controller on the computer but I did enjoy it. This game is NOT going to come out for the xbox or ps3 platforms, I think it's time we all just face the facts and realize it just aint gonna happen, or else they would have been keeping us informed by now. Either buy a $3 thousand dollar PC rig or wait for something else like battlefield 2 thats our only option at this point. I really even doubt that these forums are even being payed attention to at all! I think we are all just writing messages to each other, and what will that do for us?

Then you go and never comeback and I will call you when BOHEMIA tell us more sounds good. Ok bye and i will call you soon lol

has anyone seen any news there is 360 version, avibird has been told there is one in developement by someone senior on this forum.

Avidbird "yes I have talked to some of the developers in PM on the forum and yes they do have a somewhat working version for the 360 of the game. Will they complete it and get a publisher the is the real question and CODEMASTERS should think about it real hard."

so he just wants to know if its true and so do i.

Edited by monkeynuts

buy a 3 thousand dollar rig?! were you being sarcastic cause not even alienware is that expensive. you could easily buy a good 500 dollar computer (just the tower). HELL i even found a great quad core computer for 500 dollars.

THIS JUST IN!!!! I read an article on the web that CONFIRMS ArmA 2 for the consoles is due out VERY SOON!!!!, I'll get the link to the article and paste it, I almost peed my pants when I read it. It says "a console version of ArmA2 HAS been announced for Q4 2009". This is IT guys get ready to rumble!!!!!!! Go tell ALL your friends it is COMING SOON!!!!!! Go tell EVERYONE ARMA 2 IS ALMOST HERE! Did you SEE this AVBIRD!?!? NO more waiting, AREN'T you GLAD? you of all people should be wetting your PANTS, I mean you are so dedicated AVBIRD, NOW your faithfullnes is about to pay off avbird. Avbird JUMP for joy my friend this article PROVES that it is about to be here!!!!Whoooo Hoooooo!!!! Avbird you are about to recieve your reward for your faithfullnes to these message boards, you should be SO HAPPY!!! This link is heaven sent, THANK GOD Avbird, he has heard your PRAYERS, Hallelujah avbird ! Are you jumping up and down yet Avbird out of JOY!?!?!? Avbird you have Saved us ALL by being so diligent and patient, and watching these message boards EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE and NOW the gaming gods have answered our prayers because of YOU AVBIRD!!!! and this link PROVES it!!!!!

http://www.vgreleases.com/xbox360/releasedate-61383.aspx

Edited by A fishegg

updated in sept. but not single other site carrys the story. or news about a release date. i did check one i know quite often has pretty good dates, and play.com had nothing either.

THIS JUST IN!!!! I read an article on the web that CONFIRMS ArmA 2 for the consoles is due out VERY SOON!!!!, I'll get the link to the article and paste it, I almost peed my pants when I read it. It says "a console version of ArmA2 HAS been announced for Q4 2009". This is IT guys get ready to rumble!!!!!!! Go tell ALL your friends it is COMING SOON!!!!!! Go tell EVERYONE ARMA 2 IS ALMOST HERE! Did you SEE this AVBIRD!?!? NO more waiting, AREN'T you GLAD? you of all people should be wetting your PANTS, I mean you are so dedicated AVBIRD, NOW your faithfullnes is about to pay off avbird. Avbird JUMP for joy my friend this article PROVES that it is about to be here!!!!Whoooo Hoooooo!!!! Avbird you are about to recieve your reward for your faithfullnes to these message boards, you should be SO HAPPY!!! This link is heaven sent, THANK GOD Avbird, he has heard your PRAYERS, Hallelujah avbird ! Are you jumping up and down yet Avbird out of JOY!?!?!? Avbird you have Saved us ALL by being so diligent and patient, and watching these message boards EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE and NOW the gaming gods have answered our prayers because of YOU AVBIRD!!!! and this link PROVES it!!!!!

This link means nothing ,thank you very much ...

Pretty childish. Everyone here knows that website has no official information and is nothing but a guess. Attempting to hype up the crowd knowing full well that it isn't confirmation of anything is trolling.

When BOHEMIA gives us the word we will have the last say.

I know it's hard because I am currently playing OFPDR and find my self daydreaming about playing ARMA2 on my big ass 55 inch HDTV sitting on my lazyboy chair.

I am almost at the point that I am going to stop playing OFPDR and return to OFP ELITE Thats how much a want to BOHEMIA game to play.

I don't want to here some PC fanboy say go buy a PC and perfer to play on a console on my TV with a hand control that is the bottom line.

It's time to strike BIS.

Although i play and enjoy OFPDR it is a failure, the servers on the 360 are pretty much a ghost town, there's lucky to be more then 3 games on offer at any given time there forum is a shambles with no input from Codies what soever plus there net code, patch and DLC are a joke.

If you release ArmA 2 as bug free as possible on the 360 and back it up with good advertising, patches that actually fix any bugs that crop up, and release good DLC, with the way OFPDR has turned out for Codies you would corner the Milsim market on consoles.

There will be some type of BOHEMIA game for the 360, progress is being made as we speak towards that goal a little bird told me that. Just keep the hope alive and we will have what we need. Just give them some more time!!!!!!:yay:

I know it's hard because I am currently playing OFPDR and find my self daydreaming about playing ARMA2 on my big ass 55 inch HDTV sitting on my lazyboy chair.

I am almost at the point that I am going to stop playing OFPDR and return to OFP ELITE Thats how much a want to BOHEMIA game to play.

I don't want to here some PC fanboy say go buy a PC and perfer to play on a console on my TV with a hand control that is the bottom line.

While I agree it would be very ncie to have a ARMA game on 360, you do relize that it is possible to play a gamign pc with your 50" tv and a controller?

My friends come over and play Crysis/ARMA2 on my 50" tv, sitting in my lazy boy, playing with a 360 controller. Its very possible to use a controller and a tv, while sitting in a lazyboy while playing pc gaming. Thats why I love pc gaming, I can hook my computer up to my pc monitor or my 50" HDTV and can use keyboard and mouse, or I can also use my ps2 controller or my xbox360 controller.

With that said, I do wish Bohemia would make a game for 360, then my friends without a gaming pc could play a ARMA game with me.

lolz, just registered to make this post. you come here on the forums using your pc and cry about a non console version of arma2...

its just not possible, the console crap doesnt have the hardware to show a awesome graphical game like arma2 and if there´ll be a console version it will be a different game.

buy a pc, you noob, you get more from it, you can still plant your fat ass on the couch and use a xbox controller and arma2 will even look better compared to the console shit which doesnt have AA, AF and high resoultions.

instead of buying a stupid console with old hardware in it and shoving MS money ito their arse by buying for overprized hardware and extra costs to access MS xbox live shit, go buy a pc.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

There will be some type of BOHEMIA game for the 360, progress is being made as we speak towards that goal a little bird told me that. Just keep the hope alive and we will have what we need. Just give them some more time!!!!!!:yay:

little bird, did you make that up yourself, because your name contains "bird"? i talked to jan, the PR manager on gamescom in cologne and there wont be a console version anytime soon, they concentrate on arrowhead now and anotehr game and since OFP is a crap game, they are not in a hurry to release a console version of arma2.

lolz, just registered to make this post. you come here on the forums using your pc and cry about a non console version of arma2...

its just not possible, the console crap doesnt have the hardware to show a awesome graphical game like arma2 and if there´ll be a console version it will be a different game.

buy a pc, you noob, you get more from it, you can still plant your fat ass on the couch and use a xbox controller and arma2 will even look better compared to the console shit which doesnt have AA, AF and high resoultions.

instead of buying a stupid console with old hardware in it and shoving MS money ito their arse by buying for overprized hardware and extra costs to access MS xbox live shit, go buy a pc.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

little bird, did you make that up yourself, because your name contains "bird"? i talked to jan, the PR manager on gamescom in cologne and there wont be a console version anytime soon, they concentrate on arrowhead now and anotehr game and since OFP is a crap game, they are not in a hurry to release a console version of arma2.

1st. Welcome to the forum and try to make friends.

2nd. We already have a few posts about the PC vc consoles please use them but if you are going to troll you will just get into some hot water with the MOD's. This is not like other forums that lets members just talk crap.

3rd. If the only thing you look at is graphics then you are missing the whole point of this game and the type of players that play this game. It's all about gameplay and teamwork little boy. Gameplay will be the same if ported over that is a fact yes the keyboard gives you more buttons to work with but if you played OFP ELITE for the old box and OFP 1 PC then you would know the gameplay was the same.

4th. lol I am not a noob before you pick a fight with someone you should find a little information first. Your old man should have told you that. I have been playing PC games when you were still getting your milk from your mothers breast and playing BOHEMIA games when you were still in a real sandbox little boy.

5th. I prefer to play on a console system now just like a lot of old and new players for what ever pesonal reasons. It fits better into MY busy life with two jobs as a physical therapist and firefighter/paramedic as well having two babies at home. The Console is plug & play with an easy way to hook up with friends to play with no effort.

6th. I thing it is so funny that PC players are now playing games on a HDTV and with an xbox controller. So it comes down to graphics. I don't care about graphics only gameplay and a console version could give us the same gameplay as the PC they did it with the ELITE and they can do it again. Yes PC will have a better graphics and all the MOD's you can use but with MOD's comes other PC issues that I will not get into fully but we all know what they are ie perfromance,cheating,tech ect.

7th I am not about to tell you who I get my information from but if you are a smart littel boy you could find out. It's really easy. Yes BOHEMIA is working on a 360 port and yes they do have a somewhat working port currently. Will they be able to get it to work the way MS wants is the 1000$ question but we should know soon.

8th BOHEMIA as a company knows that the overall PC market for games has been in a decline for a few years ever since the last versions of the XBOX/PS and will continue in the future and you can't fight this. So why would you not want BOHEMIA to make more money so they can continue to make PC games and break into the console market as well. BOHEMAI will continue to make PC games as long as they continue with VBS type products.

I hope this helps you but I don't think it will and this was a waist of my time because you sir are a jackass and a little boy just go read your replay on this post but maybe you could grow a little and be a good member of this forum only time will tell. Have a nice day!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Ahh i smell troll pwnage. Great points there AVI , rofl didnt expect to see you here from CodeFailures forum. :yay:

This is my first home because BOHEMIA is the king of games and they made OFP that I still play to this date. OFPDR is not bad if you take it on it's on merit but CODEMASTERS used the name so some of the old community wanted it to be ARMA but it's not ARMA. ARMA is ARMA and no other game can come close but OFPDR is not bad minus the bugs/game issues but all games like this will have some issues. It's to open system not to have. Bug/game issues can get fix the real question is well codemasters support the game like BOHEMIA does. That is what makes BOHEMIA king of games.:bounce3:

1st. Welcome to the forum and try to make friends.

2nd. This is not like other forums that lets members just talk crap.

4th Your old man should have told you that. I have been playing PC games when you were still getting your milk from your mothers breast and playing BOHEMIA games when you were still in a real sandbox little boy.

I hope this helps you but I don't think it will and this was a waist of my time because you sir are a jackass and a little boy just go read your replay on this post but maybe you could grow a little and be a good member of this forum only time will tell. Have a nice day!

Are you not trolling/insulting/name calling yourself? You SIR are a HYPOCRITE and an immature/adult who plays videogames(bet your a real chick magnet huh?) So we get infractions for name calling but you DON'T... can one of the mods speak up and explain this double standard in the application of the official forum rules, and explain why AVBIRD is exempt from them ? AVEBIRD stop trying to sound like a big boy on a "videogame" forum and realize that since alot of your life is spent on a silly game forum, you are immature and pathetic and sad. You insult/ others while in the same breath you tell them to stop "trolling". Your a boring person with a boring life who spends WAY too much time on video games, if you have been playing "videogames" for as long as you say you have then it's high time you yourself ..GROW UP! ;)

In the future you will also be playing games on a console ... and yes bohemia will make a game for the xbox >>>>>>>> do you really think with present trends PCs will play a major role in gaming in a few years time ? I wouldn't even play amra2 on pc because all the ppl i like playing with are on xbox , a lot of friends i know that i have gone school with or live in my area have xbox 360 or ps3 , ... install operating system , new processor , drivers , defrag , etc , etc , its a lot of work to maintain a pc , i for one haven't got time for all of this , i just want to plug and play , ....

I wonder if and when they make arma3 , how many copies will this sell on a pc ?

i talked to jan, the PR manager on gamescom in cologne and there wont be a console version anytime soon,
what is the definition of soon ?
they concentrate on arrowhead now and anotehr game and since OFP is a crap game, they are not in a hurry to release a console version of arma2,

we know already arma2 is to much of a big map to work well on the xbox 360 , and btw if codemaster wanted to add the mission editor to the xbox 360 they could of , so it goes to say a game the size of OFPDR does work on consoles , the only thing wrong with that game is you can't make your own missons, but i am sure after the release of a arma type game for consoles codies will release a mission editor .......

BTW we are here to talk about a xbox 360 version of arma2 ,.

Edited by cnickcj

I know you all think your so prophetic, but your not. The PC gaming industry is not dying, as it allows for greater variability than anything a single consistent console can. PC gaming is becoming a specialist market, not a dead market. Console gaming will be the one to die because consoles will eventually have to be so powerful that there would be no reason not to throw an OS on it as well. Of course by this time we will be wearing computers on us, but still. The real truth is that both will merge into some new land warrior type system. Let's not forget the decline in returns for the x360 is now falling faster than the PC. X360 piracy has nearly surpassed PC piracy now a days. Learn some history. The least sophistaced and basic tool is NEVER the winner. Windows shall always beat Mac, the gun beats the arrow, machines beat man, and the computer will beat the console. If you think you can sit here and complain at PC gamers and tell them their gaming style is dead, but then say console gaming is the best and PC gamers are dumb, your wrong. It is childish little acts like this that make the console crowd look dumb. Smooth move, playing into your own stereotype and all. Maybe Bohemia will be willing to talk about a console version when someone on the forums is a console player who does not lie about their entire life to make themselves look great and intelligent. Yes, I am talking to you AVBIRD. You cannot even spell waste correctly, yet you claim your an adult in paramedic school (Waist? I mean really, how dumb is it to say I waist my time?). Your all trying to start a war while surrounded in enemy territory, I would advise against it.

Edited by manberries

Well the current H/W in the Xbox360, It isnt powerfull enough to run ARMA2.

You can see what it takes to play the game now. As it is, to have it play really well ,your looking at 3.6gz~ minimum, and thats with a more advanced CPU. And then the RAM requirements, not enough RAM,And last the vidchip, its a nice chip and all but it doesn't have the power to push A2 graphix at HD rez. Soo if or when they do release it, it will be just a shell of what the PC has now. Look at DR or MW2 and see the what pure console ports do relative to the PC.

The argument is that "since OpF was made to fit on the xbox, heck ARMA should go on to the Xbox360". Wrong. OpF has the requiremnets of what? a 64mb vidcard at 180hz, which is less than a Xbox was... now look at the A2 requirements and what it REALLY takes to run the game at HD rez with all the trimmings/AI ect... Not anywhere near what the Xbox360 can deliver. It will have to be a different game I would rather see Bis make a DX11 game next ,that will port over to the NEW xbox720 when it comes out.

Just sorry to say IMO you will never see A2 on a console. But you can play it on your 55inTV no problem with the H/W available for the PC. Time to just get the good kit and hook it up. The controller is your only issue.

I know you all think your so prophetic, but your not. The PC gaming industry is not dying, as it allows for greater variability than anything a single consistent console can. PC gaming is becoming a specialist market, not a dead market. Console gaming will be the one to die because consoles will eventually have to be so powerful that there would be no reason not to throw an OS on it as well. Of course by this time we will be wearing computers on us, but still. The real truth is that both will merge into some new land warrior type system. Let's not forget the decline in returns for the x360 is now falling faster than the PC. X360 piracy has nearly surpassed PC piracy now a days. Learn some history. The least sophistaced and basic tool is NEVER the winner. Windows shall always beat Mac, the gun beats the arrow, machines beat man, and the computer will beat the console. If you think you can sit here and complain at PC gamers and tell them their gaming style is dead, but then say console gaming is the best and PC gamers are dumb, your wrong. It is childish little acts like this that make the console crowd look dumb. Smooth move, playing into your own stereotype and all. Maybe Bohemia will be willing to talk about a console version when someone on the forums is a console player who does not lie about their entire life to make themselves look great and intelligent. Yes, I am talking to you AVBIRD. You cannot even spell waste correctly, yet you claim your an adult in paramedic school (Waist? I mean really, how dumb is it to say I waist my time?). Your all trying to start a war while surrounded in enemy territory, I would advise against it.

lol This is a console post so what do you guys think when a PC FANBOY comes here and talks crap. You guys have 100 other posts we only have one.

Yes PC game sales are down from 5 years ago and even more from 10 years ago and it will continue that is a fact.

Sorry I did not know I was being graded for spelling I will try to proof read my posts lol jackass.

The fact is I have a lot of time on my hands when at work sitting around using my phone to mess around on this site. You have to love the taxpayers dollars hard at work so bite me. I could not give a rats ass what you think about me or my life son.

Try to hear what I am saying but you can't because you are very closed. You think if BOHEMIA makes a version of ARMA for the console it will alter the PC game. BOHEMIA will never do that so relax. Most of the PC players think this way because what happened to other games but BOHEMIA is not like other companies. VIDEO GAMES are not the main product and they respect the community and try to give them what they want in a game.

So before you go off on me ask this. Why are you hear on a console post. You should be on one of the 100 PC posts talking about what you want in ARROWHEAD or how great some MOD was that you used in a game not on this one console post busting balls for all the console players that just want the same gameplay as you. Now who needs to grow up me or you.

Start a online petition to make OFP:Elite backwards compatible then, there is much more change of that happening than a console version of ArmA. It's worth a try, it's still a great game.

Well the current H/W in the Xbox360, It isnt powerfull enough to run ARMA2.

You can see what it takes to play the game now. As it is, to have it play really well ,your looking at 3.6gz~ minimum, and thats with a more advanced CPU. And then the RAM requirements, not enough RAM,And last the vidchip, its a nice chip and all but it doesn't have the power to push A2 graphix at HD rez. Soo if or when they do release it, it will be just a shell of what the PC has now. Look at DR or MW2 and see the what pure console ports do relative to the PC.

The argument is that "since OpF was made to fit on the xbox, heck ARMA should go on to the Xbox360". Wrong. OpF has the requiremnets of what? a 64mb vidcard at 180hz, which is less than a Xbox was... now look at the A2 requirements and what it REALLY takes to run the game at HD rez with all the trimmings/AI ect... Not anywhere near what the Xbox360 can deliver. It will have to be a different game I would rather see Bis make a DX11 game next ,that will port over to the NEW xbox720 when it comes out.

Just sorry to say IMO you will never see A2 on a console. But you can play it on your 55inTV no problem with the H/W available for the PC. Time to just get the good kit and hook it up. The controller is your only issue.

Then why is BOHEMIA currently working on the port right now and have a somewhat working game for the 360. Yes the game will have less visuals and maybe you will have to be limited to a section of map to use at one time. The number of units you can have will be reduce and the mission editor will be less so what the GAMEPLAY will still be the same. That is what we want. We know we can't have all the cool MOD's we just want the gameplay even if its not using the whole map at the same time.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Start a online petition to make OFP:Elite backwards compatible then, there is much more change of that happening than a console version of ArmA. It's worth a try, it's still a great game.

That would never happen because of the split between BOHEMIA and CODEMASTERS. They are working on a port right now I don't know if they are going to get it to work the way they need but we will see. Why so many haters. Don't you guys want BOHEMIA to make more money.

I thought as much, but you never know, maybe it's just in the hands of the backwards compatibility team. I ain't a hater, I just have my doubts. It's a big risk, with the last port BI was still with CM if I am not mistaken, I think the risk will be much bigger now if they put resources in making a port, but I don't really know how it works at their current publisher so I can only guess.

I think that most ArmA players that can play it on their pc's, would rather have BI concentrate their efforts on that. It's quite logical if you look at it from that perspective, I rather play it on a PC than on a console if I had the choice. And another thing is the rise of all the console ports on the pc, just look at the attention ArmA got out of Dragon Rising, there are still a lot PC gamers that are looking for true PC games. The decline in the PC market can work in favour for companies that concentrate on PC games.