Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

It's double the spec's required to play.

Double the CPU, double the GPU.

I don't see BI starting from scratch to make something for the 360, they could run from an older build. Maybe something closer to ArmA.

These are broadly comparable with the 360's specs.

And I concur you can strip out a load of GFX, that would help. Loads of AI too.

AA2 by the way, pushes a PC to it's maximum limits at any settings. It's the CPU load and memory streaming that are the bottlenecks, not the GFX. Set the GFX to minimum on the largest GFX card with the fastest CPU and the game will still have poor frame rates and noticeable slow downs.

What are the 360 spec's can somebody put them down and how far off then the min spec's to run the game.

This should answer ur question...

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU •3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each

•2 hardware threads per core; 6 hardware threads total

•1 VMX-128 vector unit per core; 3 total

•128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread

•1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance •9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor •500 MHz

•10 MB embedded DRAM

•48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines

•Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance •500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate •16 gigasamples per second fillrate using 4X MSAA

Shader Performance •48 billion shader operations per second

Memory •512 MB GDDR3 RAM

•700 MHz DDR

•Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth •22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth

•256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM

•21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance •1 TFLOP

Storage •Detachable and upgradeable 20 GB hard drive

•12X dual-layer DVD-ROM

•Memory unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O •Support for up to 4 wireless game controllers

•3 USB 2.0 ports

•2 memory unit slots

Optimized for Online •Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, Gamer Profile for digital identity and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies or listening to music

•Built in Ethernet Port

•Wi-Fi Ready: 802.11 A, B and G

•Video Camera Ready

Digital Media Support •Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD

•Stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras, Windows XP PCs

•Rip music to Xbox 360 hard drive

•Custom playlists in every game

•Windows Media Center Extender built in

•Interactive, full screen 3D visualizers

HD Game Support •All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing

•Standard definition and high definition video output supported

Audio •Multichannel surround sound output

•Supports 48 KHz 16-bit audio

•320 independent decompression channels

•32-bit audio processing

•Over 256 audio channels

System Orientation •Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates •Interchangeable to personalize the console

This should answer ur question...

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU •3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each

•2 hardware threads per core; 6 hardware threads total

•1 VMX-128 vector unit per core; 3 total

•128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread

•1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance •9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor •500 MHz

•10 MB embedded DRAM

•48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines

•Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance •500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate •16 gigasamples per second fillrate using 4X MSAA

Shader Performance •48 billion shader operations per second

Memory •512 MB GDDR3 RAM

•700 MHz DDR

•Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth •22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth

•256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM

•21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance •1 TFLOP

Storage •Detachable and upgradeable 20 GB hard drive

•12X dual-layer DVD-ROM

•Memory unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O •Support for up to 4 wireless game controllers

•3 USB 2.0 ports

•2 memory unit slots

Optimized for Online •Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, Gamer Profile for digital identity and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies or listening to music

•Built in Ethernet Port

•Wi-Fi Ready: 802.11 A, B and G

•Video Camera Ready

Digital Media Support •Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD

•Stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras, Windows XP PCs

•Rip music to Xbox 360 hard drive

•Custom playlists in every game

•Windows Media Center Extender built in

•Interactive, full screen 3D visualizers

HD Game Support •All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing

•Standard definition and high definition video output supported

Audio •Multichannel surround sound output

•Supports 48 KHz 16-bit audio

•320 independent decompression channels

•32-bit audio processing

•Over 256 audio channels

System Orientation •Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates •Interchangeable to personalize the console

WOW my fucking head hurts. I only understand about 10% of what you said. does the 360 have what it needs to let the game run with some little changes to gameplay. Yes or no would be nice sir.

I just noticed something in one of the recent Operation Arrowhead videos that might be of interest to those still hopeful for an Xbox 360 release...

Watch at 2:55, and look at what the computer monitors are sitting on...:cool:

If this means what I think it does, looks like I'm going to have to buy another copy of Arrowhead in addition to my PC copy...:rolleyes:

AVIBIRD you don't need to be dick about it, I HAVE got the Elite version of Operation Flashpoint on the Xbox, I played it a lot and it doesn't play exactly the same, you can't use as many commands, personally I prefer a gaming pad to keyboard and mouse, I never said it would be shit, it's just if you have a good enough PC you may aswell get it for PC, so don't talk shit to me telling me not to come here when you're the one being a dick, no one else seemed to have a problem with my post, and there was no reason to have a problem, so you know what FUCK YOU! after OFP:DR comes out I'm leaving this forum, everyone knows it will be a better game, you're just all in denial and follow each others lead if one says ArmA II is better everyone else is like "Yeah i love it too, i hate ofp:dr even though I havn't played it yet, but I'll judge it anyway" so go ahead and ban me if you think it will justification, but as I said I'm leaving anyway, so everyone else, good to know ya, but AVIBIRD and whoever else is a dick on here, just go hang yourselves please, do the world a favour.

Edited by Sgt Cresswell

Soooo, nobody cares about the fact that I spotted an Xbox 360 developer console in a video about Operation Arrowhead that was taken from inside BI's headquarters...

Picture55.jpg

I thought that some of you would have gone crazy by now...;)

They are "3RL"ed. Just suport for the screen actualy.

=P

Soooo, nobody cares about the fact that I spotted an Xbox 360 developer console in a video about Operation Arrowhead that was taken from inside BI's headquarters...

Picture55.jpg

They are used as a "stand" to support the monitors

Somewhat funny if you think about that

I just noticed something in one of the recent Operation Arrowhead videos that might be of interest to those still hopeful for an Xbox 360 release...

Watch at 2:55, and look at what the computer monitors are sitting on...:cool:

If this means what I think it does, looks like I'm going to have to buy another copy of Arrowhead in addition to my PC copy...:rolleyes:

:yay:EPIC WIN FOR CONSOLES EVERYWHERE!!!! :yay:

I just hope that they are usig those to test arrowhead, Im getting the game either way.

Id just like to se a REAL Mil-Sim come to the consoles instaed of one claiming to be the best thing since OFP:CWC and turning out to be a buggy CoD clone

AVIBIRD you don't need to be dick about it, I HAVE got the Elite version of Operation Flashpoint on the Xbox, I played it a lot and it doesn't play exactly the same, you can't use as many commands, personally I prefer a gaming pad to keyboard and mouse, I never said it would be shit, it's just if you have a good enough PC you may aswell get it for PC, so don't talk shit to me telling me not to come here when you're the one being a dick, no one else seemed to have a problem with my post, and there was no reason to have a problem, so you know what FUCK YOU! after OFP:DR comes out I'm leaving this forum, everyone knows it will be a better game, you're just all in denial and follow each others lead if one says ArmA II is better everyone else is like "Yeah i love it too, i hate ofp:dr even though I havn't played it yet, but I'll judge it anyway" so go ahead and ban me if you think it will justification, but as I said I'm leaving anyway, so everyone else, good to know ya, but AVIBIRD and whoever else is a dick on here, just go hang yourselves please, do the world a favour.

Sgt Cresswell LOL go and never come back. OFPDR is a big fat FAILURE and you are eating your words right now. The truth ways I played the pc for years and the elite. The elite gameplay was the same and some of the graphics were better. Yes it's true you had more one button commands with the PC but the xbox commands work just fine for us.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Picture55.jpg

Like I have been saying for a long time on this forum keep faith. Bohemia will not lets us down and after what we have seen what codemasters has done the door is wide open for them to take the console market with ARMA2/OA.

Originally Posted by Ballistic09

Picture55.jpg

Originally Posted by Ballistic09

go look at the video and see for your self. The guys are BI developers if you don't know that then you are new to bohemia world welcome.

I actually think Operation Arrowhead could work better on Xbox. Why? Because there's much less vegetation, and everyone knows that very very good vegatetion with superb animation can be computer killer

I actually think Operation Arrowhead could work better on Xbox. Why? Because there's much less vegetation, and everyone knows that very very good vegatetion with superb animation can be computer killer

Very true. On the other hand, one of the maps is said to be a huge town, which can also have a major impact on performance. :)

yes... xbox360s on the table... but are they switched on is the real question?

-K

Picture55.jpg

A confirmed release date would make me happy (but the pics are fun, that is for sure)

yes... xbox360s on the table... but are they switched on is the real question?

-K

You really believe that an Arma 2 expantion is coming out on the xbox 360 in 2010? :confused: .

Those X360's are not on. Perhaps they put them there to get people a bit excited over the possibility that OA will reach X360. OA gives them a fresh start, instead of trying to work out every bug in the original Arma2. It also has quite a few kool features to add on to Arma 2. There is something to say about OA being able to run better than Chenarus. However, I can guarantee you the console version would be (if ever) released quite a bit after the PC. Still, OA offers at least some hope for the bleak reality that console fans face with realism. If you take a stop by the OFPDR forums you will find that Arma 2 on consoles is still your only hope for realism.

No need to get crazy over something that isn't announced officially. It may come out, it may not. Who is to say? Two monitors propped up by 360s don't give me any indication of whether a publisher has been found or not (the big hurdle as I understand it).

But, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No need to get crazy over something that isn't announced officially. It may come out, it may not. Who is to say? Two monitors propped up by 360s don't give me any indication of whether a publisher has been found or not (the big hurdle as I understand it).

But, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

They arent just any old 360's.... See the white block where the hard drive should be.... These are developer kits. They arent available to just buy. They are given to developers who are looking to develop on the xbox 360. Not run of the mill 360's at all. This is a big deal.

Hope? God if i could i would beg at their office to come over to the consoles! They would dominate COD and certainly the joke named Operation Flashpoint 2!

Yeah you're right, ArmA II is much better, sorry for the hassle, friends? :D

Edited by Sgt Cresswell
I was being a asshole