Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

Also I occasionally get an error message, something about player has radio!

Just wondered if you have come across any of these or if they are known

Hi Doomguy,

sorry we didn't get a screenshot, but several of us had the same error, something along the lines of "no player radio...line 56" happened after getting killed while respawning. We were all playing East at the time.

Hi Doomguy,

sorry we didn't get a screenshot, but several of us had the same error, something along the lines of "no player radio...line 56" happened after getting killed while respawning. We were all playing East at the time.

I've seen it too. Nothing to worry about, the error is harmless. I'll fix it in the next version. Work-around: don't die nener.gif

Doomguy

Running 116c/ace1.02/115beta.

During a game, we (blue) were east of Delores, red was west.  We were having a lot of trouble with our AI getting across the bridge, so I decided to move the MHQ just NE of Cayo.  Properly set up camp.  No issues.

Noticed that the AI teams were seemingly "stuck" at the old base location.  They wouldn't respond to a move order, so I ordered a respawn, thinking they would appear at the new base location, thus avoiding all the bridge issues.

No joy.  The AI respawned at the original base.  I'll submit that the AI teams should respawn where the MHQ is, not where the original start position is located.

I'm not yet up to speed on scripting, but is this simply a matter of changing :

<respawn function call snippet> GetPos WestBase

to

<respawn function call snippet> GetPos WestMHQ

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, and thanks for the mod, WACO and ACE is all we play.

-John

Hi Doomguy,

I've seen it too. Nothing to worry about, the error is harmless. I'll fix it in the next version. Work-around: don't die  nener.gif

Doomguy

Nice one, I think the other issues are to do with ace and maybe me not that familiar with it smile_o.gif

Love this version of warfare,, it just gets better and better.

I have modded it a little, put in some more towns and starting locations also put in HCV hidden cash values when you make a kill. I think it makes it better because you never quite know if they are definetly dead. Whats the best way to share mission if anybody intrested Cheers biggrin_o.gif

Running 116c/ace1.02/115beta.

During a game, we (blue) were east of Delores, red was west.  We were having a lot of trouble with our AI getting across the bridge, so I decided to move the MHQ just NE of Cayo.  Properly set up camp.  No issues.

Noticed that the AI teams were seemingly "stuck" at the old base location.  They wouldn't respond to a move order, so I ordered a respawn, thinking they would appear at the new base location, thus avoiding all the bridge issues.

No joy.  The AI respawned at the original base.  I'll submit that the AI teams should respawn where the MHQ is, not where the original start position is located.

I'm not yet up to speed on scripting, but is this simply a matter of changing :

<respawn function call snippet> GetPos WestBase

to

<respawn function call snippet> GetPos WestMHQ

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, and thanks for the mod, WACO and ACE is all we play.

-John

Hi John,

The squad leaders respawn at the closest factory. Perhaps you had a factory still at the old position?

I just did a test driving the MHQ around and respawning squad leader. They respawned at the new MHQ position just fine.

Doomguy

Ding! Yes, all the original factories were still at the starting location.

Stupid question - can the commander 'remove' or destroy the factories? None of my move orders were working to get the AI teams closer to the new base location.

We don't often move the MHQ, but when we do, getting the AI teams to come along is desired.

Thanks for the reply,

-John

Its getting better every new version smile_o.gif

But i see in every town a radar ,they got a purpose ??

and i noticed in the latest version there is not so "hard" resistance as the versions before.

We use A.C.E and ECS

and i noticed in the latest version there is not so "hard" resistance as the versions before.

We use A.C.E and ECS

Bring down the radio tower in a town and it will stop the Resistance from retaking the outlying camps, but it only works as long as the town hasn't been captured by East or West.

We use A.C.E and ECS

That's interesting because in the last version I increased the resistance skill settings quite a lot... Perhaps its the latest version of ACE that makes it easier?

Doomguy

don`t think so, other missions are still hard with the ai

Maby its possible to put team status dialog in the mission ? so i don`t have to put it in every new version ?

and maby its time to put support in it ? from mando bombs etc

You can call some support like:

2 gunships

A10

or call in some ammo crates

Ofc its not for free , you have to pay for support and you must have an radio or an radio man in you squad ?

is an idea ?

Ahhhh. Now there is an idea !

The Mando Bombs suite can be customised to include everything (at a price you decide). For instance each commander could call an ammo drop / vehicle drop / air support (even air dropping recently bought troops!wink_o.gif

I have used the Mando Bombs quite extensively BUT I have no idea how to implement within a WACO environment !

Another idea would also be to add a SATCOM ability, Doomguy.

[TAO] Kremator

Hi all,

Here's v1.1.6d ACE. Some small fixes and a little feature that was inspired by rick1965: delayed bounty messages.

Download from FileFront

Here are the changes:

- (ACE) Rucksack of dead soldiers accessible.

- (ALL) New re-arming script. Still no proper re-arm of commander turrets. Seems like an ArmA bug.

- (ALL) Fix for respawning as team member: would always respawn as first member.

- (ALL) Delayed bounty messages. You no longer get an instant message saying how much bounty you get for killing an enemy. Instead, each minute you get the total bounty you have collected in the last minute.

- (ALL) Fix for broken radio check when player was dead.

- (ALL) Higher RACS skills.

About the mando support options: I think some of them you can already do, like buying support choppers. Just use the radio to purchase them from your factory and command them over. About the other thing I'll have to think a bit whether they will change the mission too much. Thanks for the ideas!

Doomguy

Doomguy,

Thanks for all your hard work ! It's great that you continually update this and take onboard the community's ideas!

Your WACO is permanently on my dedi server !

[TAO] Kremator

Here's an idea. What about an auto-rearm script for those of us that have bought an aircraft? I think Wings of Steel mission has a rearm where you need to be flying in a certain direction over the runway below a certain speed and between certain height limits.

[TAO] Kremator

PS love the delayed bounty messages - it forces you to 'double-tap' the enemies on the ground to confirm they are dead (OR examine them!wink_o.gif

Hi all,

Here's v1.1.6d ACE. Some small fixes and a little feature that was inspired by rick1965: delayed bounty messages.

Download from FileFront

Here are the changes:

- (ACE) Rucksack of dead soldiers accessible.

- (ALL) New re-arming script. Still no proper re-arm of commander turrets. Seems like an ArmA bug.

- (ALL) Fix for respawning as team member: would always respawn as first member.

- (ALL) Delayed bounty messages. You no longer get an instant message saying how much bounty you get for killing an enemy. Instead, each minute you get the total bounty you have collected in the last minute.

- (ALL) Fix for broken radio check when player was dead.

- (ALL) Higher RACS skills.

About the mando support options: I think some of them you can already do, like buying support choppers. Just use the radio to purchase them from your factory and command them over. About the other thing I'll have to think a bit whether they will change the mission too much. Thanks for the ideas!

Doomguy

Nice !!

But about buying choppers is a bit expensive, and the wont do their thing always (i tried it today)

but if we(you) can get mando in it for example : you buy a radio and then you call an airstrike with a a-10 (he will fly the marked area for 3 or 5 min and then fly away, and thats it.

And say that an airstrike with a a-10 cost 500 .

and we can add more support options if we like.

How i came tho this idea is , we where far away from our base and we get shot by a tank but we had a camp so we respwand there but we had nothing to shoot at the tank, so an option for calling support to drop ammo crates etc  thumbs-up.gif

But, if you dont like the idea its ok smile_o.gif i can live with it !

Keep up the good work m8

EDIT : You have the wrong mission file name :

WACO_v116d_ACE

it must be :

WACO_v116d_ACE.Saralite

Yeah I couldnt understand why the mission wouldnt work initially !!!

[TAO] Kremator

PS I don't think using Mando Bomb scipts would change the mission too much at all. As long as the costs are reasonable then there shouldnt be too much problem at all.

Hi all,

Just a had a go on latest. I like the delayed bounty messages, its a lot better. Can you increase the time that it anounces from 1 minute, maybe to 5 mins etc.

Best game i have had so far, Many thanks for your work wink_o.gif

Hi all,

...Can you increase the time that it anounces from 1 minute, maybe to 5 mins etc.

Best game i have had so far, Many thanks for your work   wink_o.gif

Yes!!! But... 1 min is enough mad_o.gif

Hi,

In my test games I found 1 minute to be the right interval. You could change it yourself in Client\Client_Update.sqs, the line where is says: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (time - _timeSinceLastBountyCheck >= 60) then {...

Change the 60 into the number of seconds interval that you like.

Doomguy

Hi all,

...Can you increase the time that it anounces from 1 minute, maybe to 5 mins etc.

Best game i have had so far, Many thanks for your work   wink_o.gif

Yes!!! But... 1 min is enough mad_o.gif

Maybe for you! and thats fine, no need to give angry face. I only wanted to know for my personal edit.....

in my version it does not come up at all and you have to check command menu to find out how much you got..

Anyway Cheers Doomguy smile_o.gif

Hi,

I made an ACE 1.04 compatible version: v1.1.6e ACE. Download from FileFront.

Changes:

- ACE 1.04 compatability fixes:

* M2 Bradley's disabled until ACE includes them again (AI M2 IFV teams replaced by Strykers.)

* Added Ka-52 Alligator to EAST.

* Re-added SCARS and some more variants as bonus.

There is no integration with the new "weapon on back" feature yet. You can still use it in-game and the gear menu won't touch the weapon you are carrying on your back. It's just not possible to buy weapons for you "back-slot" directly.

Doomguy out.

Thanks for keeping up with all these ACE changes Doomguy.

Did you give any thought to the auto rearm at paraiso airport ? To counter any advantage all you have to do is add Mando Guns to the AAA vehicles to stop them smiling smile_o.gif

Have done that with a few missions now and it works very well.

[TAO] Kremator

PS That Su30 you put in is LOVELY !! I buzzed a friend of mine on my dedi server when I was hitting in excess of 950 !! **WHOOSH**

Well I have sorted the auto-rearm at Paraiso airport if you are interested. Need to work on the deadly AAA vehicles !

You now NEED to concentrate on taking out aircraft as soon as they appear. Will keep fly-boys like me on my toes !

[TAO] Kremator

PS next I need to put Mando Missile flares onto your aircraft !