Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

Quote[/b] ]I wonder if next Ver you would have a Fast time option

1.6a does scroll back smile_o.gif

Hi Doomguy,

My group has ported waco over to the skye island, added more racs defenders max funds to 30,000 and it plays pretty well. Didnt make any other changes "under the hood". However, we had 4 instances of the head bug, more than Ive seen in one session. Only appeared once for those affected. I'm not a super guru at making missions and was wondering if you had any advice?

running ace 1.01, arma v1.15, ace islands.

That sounds great. Could you send it to me, please?

It seems that your version is at least al lot more playable than mine, except for the ComTower-Bug. But that's something I could live with. And since I don't want to include the southern part of the island, I would delete most of the additional towns anyhow.

And to answer your previous question, I own a Nvidia 8800 GTX.

It seems to run ok, but when you first load it you get a bit of stalling but then its ok.. Just need to sort out the com tower ( I think it will quite simple to sort out). Once i got it sorted will send you a copy.

My card is 7950 gtx, so its not your graphics, you could do with doomguy to sort it smile_o.gif

Hi guys,

Great to see that you're editing WACO/Warfare!

The performance problems you're seeing are strange... I'm not running into them myself. Are you seeing error messages as well? Could you please check your arma.rpt and arma_server.rpt files to be sure?

The comm. towers not working is probably because you made a typo in their names during the conversions. Also be sure not to use spaces in the names. Note that you don't get a reward if you destroy a comm. towers in a town that is not owned by resistance.

Headbugs... I thought ACE fixed them. I have never ever had the problem myself, so there's no fix for headbugs in WACO. Can someone advise how to fix this?

HotteHotte: your conversion steps seem to be sound and complete. It should work... I don't know where the performance hiccups come from unless you increased the number of towns and camps a lot.

Finally, an update on what I'm working on now. I've improved the team respawn so you can select the team member you want to respawn as. I'm experimenting with completely disabling respawning at camps, and only having your team members to respawn into. If you run out, you have to respawn at base. However, you will be able to buy new men at each town depot that you own, have supply for (default 20), and own at least 50% of the camps in that town. Lastly, I'm increasing the costs for guided AT missiles, i.e., Javeling and Dragon, a lot.

Doomguy out.

Quote[/b] ]I'm experimenting with completely disabling respawning at camps

My humble advice would be not to do this or make it an on/off option somewhere.  I can understand how it makes more careful etc.   Feedback from people who do alot of CTI say

1. OPFOR needs more ACE components

2. Repair trucks should be able to build e.g D30s

I also think it needs to be ported to a new larger equidimensional (looked at some in ACE islands) islands

Still the 1.6a kicks arse, I am actually tinkering with export to SARU island (not done before)  If anyone does export to other islands (subject to Dooms OK) please post em smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif ala SKy island

Headbugs... I thought ACE fixed them. I have never ever had the problem myself, so there's no fix for headbugs in WACO. Can someone advise how to fix this?

Lastly, I'm increasing the costs for guided AT missiles, i.e., Javeling and Dragon, a lot.

Regarding headbugs .... make sure that you have not just pressed Alt twice! I find that locks mouselook on - so I press Alt twice and it removes it!

Secondly Doomguy don't make them TOO expensive smile_o.gif

Looking forward to seeing the new version - sounds great.

[TAO] Kremator

Regarding headbugs .... make sure that you have not just pressed Alt twice!  I find that locks mouselook on - so I press Alt twice and it removes it!

Aint that the truth!  biggrin_o.gif

The amount of times that happens to me!

And still takes me a few mins to realise what ive done!   rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]My humble advice would be not to do this or make it an on/off option somewhere.  I can understand how it makes more careful etc.

It will be an option, "hardcore" I think I will call it ;-)

Quote[/b] ]1. OPFOR needs more ACE components

I'm adding some AKM's in v1.1.6b. Please advise what other ACE stuff could/should be added for OPFOR.

Quote[/b] ]2. Repair trucks should be able to build e.g D30s

You can already do this, even in the original Warfare.

Quote[/b] ]I also think it needs to be ported to a new larger equidimensional (looked at some in ACE islands) islands

There are some people working on converting WACO to other islands. I'm looking forward to their work as well!

Quote[/b] ]Secondly Doomguy don't make them TOO expensive

The prices I have now in my development version are $1000 for a Javelin launcher + missile, and $750 for a Dragon launcher + missile. Still cheap, as a $1000 Javelin will almost always hit and kill a $2000 BMP or even $4000 T72.

Doomguy

Hi loving the mission still Doomguy

I'm trying to change the res uints to the ACE iraq insurgents but every time I do they are standard BIs ones do you have any idea why. I have got the east as insurgents by changing in the barrack config the normal way but I cant get the independents to change, any help?

Quote[/b] ]

You can already do this, even in the original Warfare.

Apologies for that one Doom...I not tried...should had tested first

Hi loving the mission still Doomguy

I'm trying to  change the res uints to the ACE iraq insurgents but every time I do they are standard BIs ones do you have any idea why. I have got the east as insurgents by changing in the barrack config the normal way but I cant get the independents to change, any help?

Did you change the resistance soldiers in Common\Config\Config_Barracks.sqs?

Doomguy

yes I have got the east to change there but when i change the res they dont for some reason just wondered if it was something obvious, like it was set somewhere else or something... Ill look again I probably just did something stupid. thanks tho

Good news! I found an old bug that made the mission use only 5 starting positions. whistle.gif With the bug fixed, starting positions will be much more varied, also because I made some further improvements in that area. To be released soon!

Doomguy

/me claps hands !!

Your WACO is played the most often on my dedicated server, so this will be another welcome mission!

[TAO] Kremator

PS if anyone sees my server up and wants to join then PM me for the password.

Just a note here, currently WACO v1.1.6a is not fully compatible with the ACE 1.02 patch. Especially the rucksack system will need to be changed, as well as some weapons in the gear menu.

Doomguy

I have to say,with ace in, it is the best warfare variant i have ever played!! now, the ai is not so dumb and its a must+ all little extra added is cool!

Btw, can someone can help me? i want to port this Waco ACE to another island (and mod it too could be good), but dont know how to do it! never touched config of arma before. If you can direct me to somewhere that have tutorial (or all by yourself could be good too wink_o.gif ), ill appreciate it.

It's in the works. I may release it tonight if I get around to it.

I already fixed all compatibility problems, but I also want to add some new stuff like the Su-30MK with KAB500L bombs.

Doomguy

As a fly-boy I'm gonna LOVE this. What about putting in the Mando stuff as well Doomguy (missiles / bombs / flares etc)?

No pressure wink_o.gif

[TAO]Kremator

Hi,

I just uploaded v1.1.6b ACE! Rucksack system is working again. ACE 1.02 is required. Download from FileFront. Here are the changes:

- (ACE) Fixed rucksack packing in gear menu to be compatible with ACE 1.02.

- (ACE) Removed SCAR rifles because of issues with textures and ATI videocards.

- (ACE) Added some HK416, HK417, G36, and AKM variants.

- (ACE) Added Su-30MK with KAB500 laser-guided bombs to OPFOR airport.

- (ACE) Added BMP-2D, and BMD-1 to OPFOR heavy factory.

- (ACE) Guided anti-tank weapons, ie. Javelin and Dragon more expensive.

- (ALL) Team respawn improved with a list of members that can be respawned into.

- (ALL) RACS unit skills doubled.

- (ALL) Enabled defense contruction at depots.

- (ALL) Enabled purchasing of soldiers at depots, if enough supply (>20) and at least 50% of camps on side. AI also reinforces soldiers at depots.

- (ALL) Fixed bug where only 5 starting positions would be used. Now all 23 possible positions are used again. Also further tweaks to starting positions randomness.

- (ALL) Ammo crates are now cheaper at $300.

- (ALL) Added variables that control whether camp respawn is possible (campRespawn), and whether camps and depots have radios (campHasRadio, depotHasRadio). All are true by default. They can be changed in InitMission.sqf.

Doomguy out.

As a fly-boy I'm gonna LOVE this.  What about putting in the Mando stuff as well Doomguy (missiles / bombs / flares etc)?

No pressure wink_o.gif

[TAO]Kremator

Hi Kremator,

Mando missiles and flares are by default in ACE. Not sure about adding Mando bombs yet, what is so cool about them?

Doomguy

thx for update Doomguy smile_o.gif

and first question, when i start as commander and give speciality for AI squads i have that error (copy/paste from arma.RPT):

Mission WACO_v116b_ACE.SaraLite: Number of roles (17) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (16)

Client: Nonnetwork object 104eb400.

Error in expression < = _unitsToBuy + [_indexedTemplateUnits Select _count];

};

};

_count = _count + >

Error position: <Select _count];

};

};

_count = _count + >

Error Делитель на ноль

File mpmissions\cur_mp.SaraLite\Server\Functions\Server_ComposePurchaseOrder.sqf, line 41

Error in expression < = _unitsToBuy + [_indexedTemplateUnits Select _count];

};

};

_count = _count + >

Error position: <Select _count];

};

};

_count = _count + >

Error Делитель на ноль

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.SaraLite\Server\Functions\Server_ComposePurchaseOrder.sqf, line 41

any idea what is it? and that error appear many times (i post errors only for 5 minutes playtime)

P.S. start side OPFOR, clean Russian version of ArmA with ACE ver. 1.02

P.P.S. sorry for my english)

Anybody else having this issue with the A10 (Pic 1, Pic 2). When I first saw it I was like...? Its as if 2 of the loadouts came together and made a dream machine. By the way, any hope of seeing more load outs of the a10 at the airport? Or any other planes for that matter.