Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod

Nice addon.

Will all BW Mod addons be on West side?

Why not put them as neutral?

Germany is not Switzerland.

So what for the BWMod units should be configured to be on independent (neutral) side? huh.gif

^ More flexibility and options for scenarios? wink_o.gif

But yeah you can still make west units appear as enemy when creating the mission (east unit as leader and probability of presence -> 0)

France is Nato, yet OFrP is Independant...

France is Nato, yet OFrP is Independant...

France is a NON-Military NATO member (unlike other members like Germany for example) which means that their armed forces don't and never act under a NATO chain of command but instead always work under their own chain of cammand (therefore being military independent from NATO) and therefore in the case of France it makes a little sense to put their military units under a "independent" side in ArmA.

Makes sense.

thumbs-up.gif Keep up the good Work BW MOD. Viel Danke!

BW units should stay on the west side.

There are a dozen scenarios for the BW to fight against independent/irregular troops and only 1 fantasy scenario to fight against western army's.

I really don't see a reason for the germans to fight against the United States or Great Britain today. icon_rolleyes.gif

MfG Lee g_ari.gifwink_o.gif

I find it unusable because one cannot "command" it

from the commander's position (I can't point at targets

through the viewer). It makes nice scenery though:

"Look out, boys, the panzers are coming through!"

Will all BW Mod addons be on West side?

Why not put them as neutral?

All units will remain on the west side for now. I might add them to the independent faction too, but that'll be something I keep in mind for the future.

I don't think that the Leopard 2 cannon or rounds (Sabot) are too powerfull specially if compared with BIS M1 Abrams and its Sabot rounds (it seems to me that both have basically the same destructive power), but the reloading times are perhaps too fast (specially compared with BIS M1 Abrams).

And I even think that the HE rounds are a bit too underpowered.

I haven't checked them yet, but I will definately take a look at them later and have some tank fights to figure some out some good values.

I find it unusable because one cannot "command" it

from the commander's position (I can't point at targets

through the viewer).

Works fine for me, although I noticed the peri didn't move up and down as it was supposed to, but I've already fixed that for the next version.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far, it's appreciated.

And to all those guys that sent me PMs since yesterday, I haven't had time to read them all yet, but I will drop you some lines within the next days.

Works fine for me, although I noticed the peri didn't move up and down as it was supposed to, but I've already fixed that for the next version.

Yes, I was meaning that the periscope view doesn't go up

and down. Good that you've fixed it now, though.

There is a little bug with the tracks:

http://lee.plankton.ch/BWModArmA_Leobug_001.jpg

You can see through them.

MfG Lee

this is the latest german camouflage technology, so there's nothing wrong with it  whistle.gif

lol I've never noticed that, I'll try to fix it, too. I can't promise anything on this bug though, just because this is something I've never done before.

Thanks.

Just tested to shoot with Ike's T90 at 3 tanks (all at lower front hull): T90, Mateck's M1A1 and the Leopard 2A6.

The M1A1 and T90 could take 3 shots (AP) even though the M1A1 took some time before blowing up, and the Leopard 2A6 could take only 2. Is this realistic or should it be modified? Anyway, just wanted to put it out there as it blows up very easy, for me anyway as i use Ike's and Mateck's tanks. I think this Leopard should be up to standards of those 2 when it comes to fire power and armour just to make them all play well together smile_o.gif Thats just my opinion though. More armour in front and less on sides and only 1 shot at back of the tank would be sweet too.

EDIT: about the commander has no gun heh... My bad whistle.gif But shouldnt it be able to move the commander optics around? And the Extended eventhandler. Could you look into that? Very easy add to the config i hear. And will make a lot of other addons compatible with your tank like tracers, armaeffects etc.

Great tank though. Looks so mean! notworthy.gif

Regards

Alex

add a fake weapon to the commander turret:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Turrets: Turrets

{

class MainTurret: MainTurret

class Turrets: Turrets

{

class CommanderOptics: CommanderOptics

{

weapons[] = {"XXX_Optic_Fake"};

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Optics fake for vehicles without commander MG

class DSHKM;

class XXX_Optic_Fake: DSHKM

{

magazines[] = {};

displayName = ""; // stays empty

};

72 @ Sep. 14 2008,16:49)]Just tested to shoot with Ike's T90 at 3 tanks (all at lower front hull): T90, Mateck's M1A1 and the Leopard 2A6.

The M1A1 and T90 could take 3 shots (AP) even though the M1A1 took some time before blowing up, and the Leopard 2A6 could take only 2. Is this realistic or should it be modified?

The Leopard has the same armor and inflicts the same damage with it's weapons as the M1A1. I'll keep it that way for a while, as I think it's ok for now.

I haven't found a way to fix the transparency bug though, I'd appreciate some help from somebody who's able to fix it. This is related to some part of modding I'm definately not into, so all I can do is ignore it for now and hope somebody volunteers to fix it.

You have done a great work with this! Looks amazing, especially on Schmalfelden! The Leopard is one of my favorite tanks and the one i anticipated the most. Looking forward to that Tiger now...  smile_o.gif

I haven't found a way to fix the transparency bug though, I'd appreciate some help from somebody who's able to fix it. This is related to some part of modding I'm definately not into, so all I can do is ignore it for now and hope somebody volunteers to fix it.

I have exactly the same Problem at the moment with my new tank tracks they are slightly transparent. I had a look at the BIS m1a1 tracks and i think i found the problem but haven´t tested it yet. BIS uses RGBA _CO DXT1 for the tracks and not RGBA _CA DXT5 so maybe thats causing the Prob will test this later...

Greets

Looking forward to that Tiger now...  smile_o.gif

Heh, the Tiger is gonna take a long time.

New version of the mod released, check the first post for the latest version.

huh.gif

you told on private you don't plan any releases on ARMA 1, when i started to work on Leopards "to give something for German community", soldiers, now i see "beta 0.2" huh.gif

so you work or not ?

cause i am messed up seeing releases few days after getting message about not releasing for ARMA 1 ?

it is stupid when 2 teams are working on one and the same addon at one time, will i see LEO 1A5 and 2A4 in few days huh.gif

what can i expect from BW MOD now huh.gif

You can expect from us that we won't do a Leopard 1 and a Leopard 2 (aside from the 2A6). And I couldn't foresee that Helifreak was going to finish the Ozelot.

Still, as I've written in my PM, we're still not working on the same things. You're doing 85 era stuff, we are or were (I don't know about the future) working on the latest Bundeswehr stuff. So there isn't really a reason to complain, as I've told you about the Leo 2A6 before (and asked you for help on it) and actually given you permission to use our stuff anyways.  smile_o.gif

what about soldiers in Flecktarn huh.gif

about circa 1995 stuff huh.gif

or you make only top-modern ca. 2008 army now ?

BIG IF we finish the soldiers , they'll be top-notch 2008 equipment soldiers

Indeed big IF. But yes. IF the thing happens that i so totally want happening, they´ll be more than top-notch  biggrin_o.gif

Hi,

Just tried out the new beta, great job on the vehicles.

There is a bug with the V0.2 Leopard2A6 commander's proxy in turned out view though: it stays centered at the center point of the main turret instead of the center point for the commander's turret. This can probably be corrected by adding the proxy to the appropriate selection for the commander's turret.

Not a bug, but a suggestion for possible improvement: on a Leopard2A6 the tank commander's thermal imaging sight, for which the addon already has the appropriate reticle texture included, would have magnification settings of 4x, 12x and 24x. Therefore the class CommanderTurret definition in the vehicles_tracked.hpp file ought to include a definition of class ViewOptics with appropriate values. The minimal value for entries opticsZoomMax should then be set to 0.0625. The values for the opticsZoomMin would be 0.01042 for 24x. However in Arma zooming in and out happens gradually instead of in steps which would not be appropriate. The commander's periscope (an additional optic to the commander's thermal sight) would have a different reticle picture and different magnification settings, 2x and 8x (translates to 0.125 and 0.0315). The gunner's primary sight would have magnification settings of 12x in day mode (but 4x and 12x in thermal imaging, 0.0625 and 0.02083). To reflect these values in the addon, one could add the appropriate values to the definition of the class ViewGunner.

Source: SBPro Tutorials Leo2A5 English Version 2006-04-20.pdf

Regards,

Sander