Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Sukhoi Su-33 and Kuznetsov CV

First of all - Thank You!!! I've been waiting for it soooo long)))

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

And a few small bugs:

"brown window"

http://photofile.ru/photo/griffon79/135138796/137469669.jpg

missing texture

http://photofile.ru/photo/griffon79/135138796/137469670.jpg

strange shadows on the stars & #'s of Su-33

http://photofile.ru/photo/griffon79/135138796/137469672.jpg

The name and # of the Kuznetsov is too low - check the pic

http://photofile.ru/photo/griffon79/135138782/137469350.jpg

But anyway this is superb addon! smile_o.gif

Am i just a crap pilot as i cant land on the ship? Seems the hook doesnt grab onto something. Just wondering if it is possible to land your SU on your ship with the hook or if you just need to be lucky stopping?

Thanks.

/Alex

My 8800GT has this problem.  But I have it on less the optimum vallue (set to 800x600).   I think indeed that it's something else.  Hell, maybe experiment with some versions using a different type of texture or just removing any RVMAT's in the cockpit.  Quite honestly I don't think you need RVMAT textures in the cockpit.  But I know your stuff is really high end, so maybe you do need it.  I'm just suggesting maybe simplying it a little bit back to the original Footmunch texturs for the cockpit.  Anyways, whatever is causing it, I hope you find a good solution because other then that your addons are great.  I would just recommend the carrier not fire missiles from the take-off ramp as that looks a bit wierd.  Other then that and the odd cockpit textures, I think the addons are great.

Also Gnat, I would sincerely hope that you will share your knowledge with different mods as you are one of the few who have successfully implemented many advanced features into your mod.  

To share with community equals overall better quality for the entire mod community. It also will create a lot more assistance for any such problems that your own mod may encounter.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Hi Chris

- I have a 8800GTS, but obvious dont have the issue.

- Texture is Footmunch original, but I may have to resort to dropping any rvmat, but that means no damage texture.

- "really high end" ..... your joking right? I just dont accept vanilla OFP addons in ArmA

- Missiles are launched from Ramp in RL

Share knowledge?

- I've written a damage tut for the community

- I just posted an Afterburner How-to in the "Configs" area of the forum

- I generally help anyone with a specific technical question I can answer about my stuff and anything else (plenty proof in various forums and PMs).

- I'm a Mod for the OFPEC Addons & Mod forum.

- But I'm NOT joining anyones Mod team anytime soon (but I'm suppose to be contributing to Cold War sad_o.gif )

.... maxed out already.

72 @ Aug. 28 2008,17:19)]Am i just a crap pilot as i cant land on the ship? Seems the hook doesnt grab onto something. Just wondering if it is possible to land your SU on your ship with the hook or if you just need to be lucky stopping?

Thanks.

/Alex

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:DarkRed'>HOOK / WIRE USAGE for Kuznetsov</span></span>

Place your Kuznetsov and then place 2 GAMELOGICS like this;

Kuz_1.jpg

In the INIT line of each GAMELOGIC paste this code;

Quote[/b] ]this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,17]; bbd = [getPos this, 22] execVM "\TAKR_Kuz\scr\hook.sqf";

Now come is slow'ish (~250) and at deck height and the "wire" should grab you. If you're too fast or too high the wire wont wash enough speed off and you'll over-shoot.

Once you touch the deck you need to be "de-accelerating" (Z key etc) hard until you stop ..... unless you start to over shoot tounge2.gif

My apologies. I didn't know you had released a tutorial for dammage textures or info on making afterburners working. Those are two things that I actually need to learn.

Thanks again for the awesome work and I will definitely check out the tutorials (and I'll try not drinking vodka and then posting forum responses). LOL

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the hooking system, I was woundering how you did that.

Thanks for the explanation Gnat! smile_o.gif

And on the issue of this graphical anomaly people are talking about i dont have that problem either using 8800GTS.

EDIT: First try - perfect landing. And taking off after have landed with the burners was no problems at all. smile_o.gif Super stuff Gnat.

nice one gnat smile_o.gif

i use 8800gts too on my game computer, but i have that issue with the cockpit

maybe i use SLI ? dunno if that it make the problem for the texture

on my work computer is no problem with nvidia 7300tc card

Thank you for release!!

I got that white texture too using ATI card - tested with no mods/addons. Hope you will find this bug. Lets see if other planes are able to land on Kuznetzov too...

beautiful birds , i love them

ey [APS]Gnat , have you thought on making them extended eventhandlers compatible? that way we could use flare countermeasures with them and also enable six tracers with the canon

beautiful birds , i love them

ey [APS]Gnat , have you thought on making them extended eventhandlers compatible? that way we could use flare countermeasures with them and also enable six tracers with the canon , if you are interested i can PM you a extended eventhandler compatible config i've made for my own use

I've already sent Gnat one wink_o.gif I think that it'll come with next version.

To make XEH addons made for certain BIS jets (mainly Su-34) useable for these Flankers, we can use Su34 as a base class and add Turrets{}; + gunAimDown = 0 to Su-33 AA class.

BTW.

Will there be MLOD versions too?

so this is the "surprise" you are talking about biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

nice job thumbs-up.gif

Amazing, I take my hat off to you Gnat, a simple yet damn effective work around, no scripts needed thumbs-up.gif

Well trailers actually can be done as per gnats example of which i replicated. Was pain in but. Trouble i had was the fact the trailer kept bobbing about or if you hit somthing uneven it would fly off though i think gnat made the better example confused_o.gif

If the tug is possible, why don't we have towed vehicles and trailers?

lol .... because there is far more important things I can be spend my (little) time on.

Now that I've provided some source, why dont YOU make stuff ? biggrin_o.gif

I'm going to be making a recovery vehicle for the ADF mod, finally when my lav is disabled I will be able to recover it biggrin_o.gif

Thankyou Gnat! notworthy.gif

I'll see what I can do about making a tow truck or something for public release in US camo for people to muck around in wink_o.gif

Gnat @ Sep. 01 2008,04:01)]
If the tug is possible, why don't we have towed vehicles and trailers?

lol .... because there is far more important things I can be spend my (little) time on.

Now that I've provided some source, why dont YOU make stuff ?  biggrin_o.gif

I wanna attach something to BIS tractor tounge2.gif

maybe l8r, but got plans smile_o.gif

Gnat @ Aug. 27 2008,13:43)]No, I think its because I only have 1 STAGE in the RVMAT file, in an attempt to remove the "reflectiveness" of the dash.
Quote[/b] ]ambient[]={1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000};

diffuse[]={1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000};

forcedDiffuse[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000};

emmisive[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,1.000000};

specular[]={1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000};

specularPower=40.0;

PixelShaderID="NormalMap";

VertexShaderID="NormalMap";

class Stage1

{

texture="rktsu33\pit\rktsu33_pit2_co_NOHQ.paa";

uvSource="tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[]={1.000000,0.000000,0.000000};

up[]={0.000000,1.000000,0.000000};

dir[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000};

pos[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000};

};

};

Probably need an expert to suggest a better solution.

Just weird that effects only some people. Of course it could be the above mixed with certain cards that is causing the issue.

@ Gnat. I'm certainly no expert but you sugestion does kind of match what we see. I have a couple of suggestions

1. Why use a stage at all. I have functioning damage textures on a project (Thanks to your tutorial) but found that I only needed an rvmat to refer to in its undamaged state.

So my undamaged rvmat is just, PixelShaderID="Normal";

VertexShaderID="Basic"; and tick the diffuse.

2. Or include a dark spec map and turn specular power all the way to 100. And live with a litle glint

3. I don't know what half the shaders are for but isn't there other shader options that don't include specular maps?

I realy hope your onto something here this bird is so dreamy to fly, it would be nice to get the full experience.

Thanks PB

I did try (2) until I found the above rvmat method worked (but maybe it doesnt! ), but I'll give (1) a try and see.

Worst case, back to (1) smile_o.gif

about the XEH addon someone was talking about ...

i made XEH addon out of my own variant (for missions ) of the original AerialEeffect scripts

file is here, the hpp is needed as it disable/enable debug logging

it looks similar to what GNAT uses but they bit different maybe worse no idea (pretty sure it can be done better i'm no so great on scripting)

feel free to comment or use what You need

but it's definitely nice fly with smile_o.gif

ey Dwarden , that was beautiful , thanks !   smile_o.gif

edit : Dwarden i get this error with the AV8 :

Error in expression <

_this = _this select 0;

_this = _this select 0;

_plane_pos=call (compile "(_th>

Error position: <select 0;

Error select: Tipe Object, esperado Vector,Config entry

Error in expression <

_this = _this select 0;

_this = _this select 0;

Error position: <select 0;

Error select: Tipe Object, esperado Vector,Config entry

also the A10 doesn't show vapour effects , only on the edges of the wings but not in the canopy. anyone elese having this or maybe is an addon i have that is conflicting?

edit2 : tested with only official addons , same errors

ok, as usually needs XEH 1.7

Su34 AfterBurner lits at night back of airplane  and eats the fuel bit slower than original AEs

to enable/disable use menu action (there is notification in chat)

A10 gets the wingtip trails and fuselage tho it's not perfectly placed

AV8B should works fine now

in short it's just another script mess from me ... have fun

ofcourse credits got to original author mainly this is just lil overdo...