Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Server rental

I am looking for a new server ever since LeetServers has stopped hosting Arma. Does anybody know of any that have decent prices and allow you to run alot of addons.....

My small gaming circle is going to be stuck out in the cold unless we find a new server.....

I'm looking to buy one from Art of War Central, ok pricing there.

Won't be getting it 'till september though.

We've gone for artofwar at USEC for some time now. We found it had the best average ping across all the timezones we use. We have members on the server from NZ, Aussie, UK, Europe, USA, Canada, and Asia without problems.

I am looking for a new server ever since LeetServers has stopped hosting Arma. Does anybody know of any that have decent prices and allow you to run alot of addons.....

My small gaming circle is going to be stuck out in the cold unless we find a new server.....

the best ( the VERY BEST ) way to rent a server is to rent a computer. not software.

what i means ? rent a computer means you can installed and run nearly all software. teamspeak , FTP , HTTP , game dedicated server, game client , nearly all but Peer to peer of course.

and for one , i tried OVH offer. a french company who rent server of all type. from smallest celeron to bi quad core scsi.

i rented a core2duo 2.6ghz , 3GB ram , 500GB HDD , and .. linux.

count on 50 - 60$ / month minimum i think.

But in this way you have 2 real cpu available. i ran arma , ftp and boinc .

all other offer are not real server rent but time machine rent. you rent some cpu time , and it's ALWAYS crappy.

rent an hardware plateform , not a software.

ps: windows based server are always more expensive. i didn't need it , and fortunatly it was 30$ (!!!wink_o.gif more than linux os (very large choice of linux distro @ovh )

smile_o.gif

ps2: as soon as you start to rent a server , you must take care of user password , account, software servers etc ... they don't forbid you to install any software so choose them carefully because this kind of network is under constant attack. attempt to log as root on ftp etc etc etc ...

We've gone for artofwar at USEC for some time now. We found it had the best average ping across all the timezones we use. We have members on the server from NZ, Aussie, UK, Europe, USA, Canada, and Asia without problems.

Where do you have it hosted, I was going to go for UK but am thinking of maybe East Coast US to keep the pings on either side of the pond as low as possible.

It has been a long time since i first asked this question.....

does anyone have any recommendations?

with decent connection and multi core cpu you can host yourself

maybe its a viable option in this case

I decided to go with cybernetic servers. UK based group, best customer service I've had period.

Paying about 45 GBP for a 20 player ArmA server and 10 slot TS server.

Would have done 20 but completely forgot at the time, but it's a relatively negligible increase considering the deal your getting.

We have a root-server E8400 (45nm, 3GHZ default) running at 4GHZ with 4GB Ram and 1TB space, 2TB Traffic Flat 100Mbit, after 2TB are exhausted it gets switched to 10Mbit. 99.x% Uptime....

I can only remember of one downphase of 5 minutes (he told me they replaced a broken network-switch-array or so...)

All finest brand Hardware, Gigabyte Board, Massive Cooler, 2x2GB GEIL Ram, etc.....

We reach over 60FPS with this Server, even though Arma Server normally can only get 50FPS....

We pay ~150€ per Month and its located in Germany Frankfurt in a Datacenter at the Stockmarket.

We ordered this Server back in mid 2008, so for the same price maybe you get a better System today at that hoster....

Price/Power is unbeatable.... i have searched like 3 Months daily to find this hoster.

If you are seriously interested and need contact details, let me know it (PM please)....

Get yourself over to Squadserver, you might be able to get a discount to if you tell them I sent you wink_o.gif

I have recommended ALPHAFRAG to a couple of other clans/teams for Arma, and none have been dissapointed, great prices for dedi's and also they host arma servers per slot as well...

whistle.gif