Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Grand Theft Auto 4 heading to PC's

great  smile_o.gif

lookingforward to the first offical pc-game Screens.

nice smile_o.gif can't wait to give it a try! I will probably buy it along with Arma 2 and maybe red alert 3, depends on how they work with my hardware... tounge2.gif

Not a big surprise. They always wait 6 months to announce GTA on PCs in order to trick people to buy consoles.

Not a big surprise. They always wait 6 months to announce GTA on PCs in order to trick people to buy consoles.

True.

Luckily I never fall for it biggrin_o.gif

I did spend some time playing the PS3 version on someone else's PS3.

Running over pedestrians in a game has never been so awesome! The Euphoria animation/physics system really does a lot for the game.

The PS3 did suffer from bad FPS hits when a lot of action was going on. Running over a large enough group of people in a car or blowing up several cars could drop it to below 10.

The Xbox version probably has the same issue. But it doesn't ruin the game.

On my PC the performance issues will be worse crazy_o.gif

The gameplay is much better than previous GTA games. It goes closer towards realism.

Hopefully it allows custom music like the other PC versions because the choice of music seemed pretty bad when I played it.

Framerate is rock solid on the 360, plus I can play it in bed laid next to the wife, win win wink_o.gif

True.

Luckily I never fall for it biggrin_o.gif

I did spend some time playing the PS3 version on someone else's PS3.

Running over pedestrians in a game has never been so awesome! The Euphoria animation/physics system really does a lot for the game.

The PS3 did suffer from bad FPS hits when a lot of action was going on. Running over a large enough group of people in a car or blowing up several cars could drop it to below 10.

The Xbox version probably has the same issue. But it doesn't ruin the game.

On my PC the performance issues will be worse crazy_o.gif

The gameplay is much better than previous GTA games. It goes closer towards realism.

Hopefully it allows custom music like the other PC versions because the choice of music seemed pretty bad when I played it.

I found that was very much to do with which PS3 you had for some reason, as well as how much you had installed. I have a 40gb and only 3 games installed, and the FPS was rock solid (except when I played carmageddon and an insane amount of explosions went off)

When I played it on my friends 60gb, there was noticable stuttering.

Framerate is rock solid on the 360, plus I can play it in bed laid next to the wife, win win wink_o.gif

Hmmmm!! When I'm laid next to the wife I don't generally play video games!!   tounge2.gif

One cannot sleep 16 hours a day wink_o.gif

One cannot sleep 16 hours a day wink_o.gif

Hehe biggrin_o.gif

I'll probably be getting it on PC, if I get time when home from University.

Quote[/b] ]When I played it on my friends 60gb, there was noticable stuttering.

Anything to do with different resolutions? My friend had it on 360 and on a normal TV screen, and it was fine, but when he moved to a HDTV it seemed to stutter a lot more.

EDIT: I mean, gobble gobble, I'm a turkey.

Thailand gets loonies, blames games

Love this quote:

Quote[/b] ]Police said the youth, an obsessive player of "Grand Theft Auto", showed no sign of mental problems during questioning and had confessed to committing the crime because of the game.

I got a PS3 when GTAIV came out (I wasn't tricked) I just prefer the GTA series on a console. I tried a friends GTA San Andreas on a PC and just didn't like it.

It runs fine on the PS3 40GB system with an HD TV, albeit a small one, it only stutters with a load of explosions going one at one point.

Quote[/b] ]"He said he wanted to find out if it was as easy in real life to rob a taxi as it was in the game," chief police investigator Veeravit Pipattanasak told Reuters.

I wonder when there will be a law against stupidity. Better ban films and music involving robberies as well...  icon_rolleyes.gif

*cough*

*ahem*

Next time you steal a car and run over someone with it, please blame parents organizations smile_o.gif

Ha now my PC entertainment supplements everything, Fighting terrorism, communism, fighting nazis and now fighting ordinary people tounge2.gif

Ha now my PC entertainment supplements everything, Fighting terrorism, communism, fighting nazis and now fighting ordinary people    tounge2.gif

What about fighting aliens? tounge2.gif

I played the game on a PS3 and loved it - didn't have any issues either. The game is great, but it's not something I would want my kids to play. For mature players it's one of the best games out there, for kids and younger teens it's a tad too sloppy justifying the violence for my taste: 'Hey, I'm a poor immigrant - I HAVE to steal and kill to get by...' WTF!

crazy_o.gif

Anyways: apart from the above issue the story is quite good, the game is fun, and I'm happy those poor non-console gamers finally get a chance to play this, too.

good game indeed, it got bored after playing a total of 45 hours in 2 weeks with the addiction level on "serious habit" according to GTA4 status. After the main story is done there isnt much to keep playing. I am gone stick to Arma wink_o.gif

Im quite looking forward to it, would never get a console just for this one game and go thru the horrors of autoaim and controlers.

Its going to look pretty good on the PC with antialiasing and the expanded MP should make things more chaotic and.. interesting biggrin_o.gif .

Ha now my PC entertainment supplements everything, Fighting terrorism, communism, fighting nazis and now fighting ordinary people    tounge2.gif

What about fighting aliens?  tounge2.gif

Do of course, X3- reunion.

Well i have it, but i hardly play it, they should call it X3 Space van driver sim.

But you do have the ability to use Guns so yeah

I also kill aliens too tounge2.gif