Sign in to follow this  
Rg

TrueGameplayMods

@mrcash2009,

I am not sure about the opacity idea as you would still be able to see everything infront of you. That means there is really no disorientation. Maybe I will test that later. Something with a camera would be best, but not luck so far.

@DMarkwick,

Yes, AI ROF is linked to distance. I adjusted everything as best as I could to get they're ROF at the speed in which we would fire using the more "sluggish" recoils in this pack. I didn't want AI firing too fast or too slow so a balance was made. Since it's all config work, you are limited in what you can do. Having AI pause fire at random intervals and conserve ammo at larger distance engagements might be possible via scripting, but I really have no idea. The best solution right now would probably be using VFAI equipment.

@Styxx,

Thanks, I got really lucky with catching a few of those moments like the PK wink_o.gif

@DMarkwick and mrcash2009,

It's a highly secretive trick.... "this exec "camera.sqs"" wink_o.gif Kidding, but I guess the trick to the smoothness is using TrackIR along with the keyboard and joystick.

@Lepardi,

Just search for AACFSOUND. That is what was used in the video. I think the screams are from Pack1? or is that also from AACF? huh.gif

@456820 ,

Open it up, it's pretty much self explanetory with the defines. You can do whatever you want privately. Just don't start throwing up slightly modified configs for download.

A million thanks rg! I've been waiting so long for this mod. After trying it, i felt back in love with ArmA, now i wish i still had a server on which i could run this on to play with team mates, altough the AI is a way better comrade now.

The faster switching between crouch and standing is a godsend because it removes what annoyed me most in ArmA. The slower speeds are perfect. I love everything about this mod except the recoils and the fire rate at long distance. But i was so astonished and i played the whole evening that i didn't have enough time to check whether i can disable the recoils.

So, again, a really big thank you! notworthy.gif

Congrats on the release! You should be proud of your contribution to the community.

@DMarkwick and mrcash2009,

It's a highly secretive trick.... "this exec "camera.sqs"" wink_o.gif Kidding, but I guess the trick to the smoothness is using TrackIR along with the keyboard and joystick.

Heh, does that mean "camers.sqs" is my answer? I haven't heard of it is all. Is it a BIS default script or something?

BTW, I tried this out a few times now and I really like it. So do a few people I know who play ArmA too. As usual with these compilation-type mods there's stuff some people like and some stuff other people dislike, but it doesn't look to be too much trouble to lose individual PBOs for clan usage.

BTW, I found the roll-blackout to be not very intrusive when I tried it out, compared to posts I read on here. It's a quick fade rather than a total blackout and so I found that I was hardly affected at all by it. The time you're "blacked out" is negligible. Still, it's a nice effect.

I put all the AI improvements along with a select few additional .pbos from this pack on the 506th's warfare server, i gotta say its a great improvement over just the truerange AI which i was running before. The AI do respond better to an attack in thier general area even if they arent directly engaged. i did notice the Ai would go cyclic at close range like mentioned before, i like it! makes it seem like they are fighting for thier lives and are a bit scared. im already running VFAI so no probs for my Ai running low on ammo.

also the dispersion addon is excellent! i hate dumb AI that stand there as you shoot thier buddys, so your AI improvements were much needed. But at the same time every shot the AI takes shouldnt hit, kinda ruins the gameplay the same just the scores are opposite from before.

big thumbs up on this!

Well I got a little problem, Im using only:

- TrueGameplay-Animation-TurningSpeed

- TrueGameplay-Animation-MovementSpeed

- TrueGameplay-Animation-TransitionFixs

- TrueGameplay-Player-Fatigue

And my AI is losing waypoints, they just stop, I can walk to them on few meters and they are not shooting to me.

Any chance of fixing that?

I would love to see it fixed because slowing down anims gives a lot of realism wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This change requires YOU the PLAYER to control/tame the recoil and adjust the offset afterwards with your mouse. The faster you engage, the more input from you is necessary. This new challenge for YOU the player affects gameplay in a positive way as well as increasing the immersion from the "feel" of firing a serious weapon.

Well... it still going back on target, slower but still. Can you remove this efect to give TOTAL challenge? smile_o.gif

Excellent Mods, very enjoyable. I am also using the - TrueGameplay-Vehicle-SteeringSensitivity v1.0 and I notice that driving a dirt bike is near impossible with the sensitive steering. Don't know if it is just me or if anyone else experienced this.

Awsome fixes indeed!!!  Many thanks for this great work. smile_o.gif

I can only find two animation transitions that are still broken.

Steps to repeat the problem:

1. Stand (rifle raised or lowered, doesn't matter)

2. Press and hold "Turbo"

3. Press and hold "Strafe Left"

4. Finally press and hold "Move Forward"

Substitute "Strafe Right" into step 3 above for mirrored problem.  (These produced with no other mods running.)

Is it possible for you to fix these two as well?  If so, we will finally have a completely glitch-free stand alone animation system... for the first time in the history of ArmA! wow_o.gif

Thanks again for the mod. xmas_o.gif

As we are talking about animations and you seems to know how to fix them, can you fix the standing up after a swim animation? Maybe you can use the normal stand up animation?

Hey man, I tested some of your recoils and I must say that they're nice, but some of them are too strong, especially the ones in prone position. For example M107, I don't now why it is so strong, because in rl it got less recoil than for example M24. Maybe you should lower some of prone recoils a bit?

does this addon works with SLX mod? I tried it last night but it doesnt work. but the older truerange_AI beta works just fine... any clues?

thank you

I think the improvements made here are awesome. The only downside for me is performance. It slows down my machine by almost half if I enable the complete mod (massive infantry battle from 50fps downto 22fps).

Regards,

VictorFarbau

hm had a huge slowdown with lots of MG firing. not sure it is

related to your work Rg. i will test it more in detail.

@VB

Did you try to remove truegameplay-player-fatigue.pbo?

It contains a simple script. Should not be the source from what

i can tell. Might worth a try though.

The others are pure config changes and should not cause FPS

drop I think..

@Q - I guess tweaking all sorts of config values will result in different engine behaviour as well, saying it's not necessarily this one addon.

But I looked at "truegameplay-player-fatigue.pbo" and the code in there was indeed a bit vicious. I defused a little bit and regained 10fps easily (which is as much as I would gain when NOT running it). Nonetheless I am still down to 32-35 fps from 60fps before which is a heavy blow.

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Well I got a little problem, Im using only:

- TrueGameplay-Animation-TurningSpeed

- TrueGameplay-Animation-MovementSpeed

- TrueGameplay-Animation-TransitionFixs

- TrueGameplay-Player-Fatigue

And my AI is losing waypoints, they just stop, I can walk to them on few meters and they are not shooting to me.

Any chance of fixing that?

I would love to see it fixed because slowing down anims gives a lot of realism wink_o.gif

I have the same problem, im glad you found out its in one of these PBO's, i was afraid it was caused by a script i was working on. crazy_o.gif

Anyway, i would also love to see this fixed. smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMsprSlowWpstDf.interpolateWith: Bad move AmovPknlMstpSlowWpstDnon

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMsprSlowWpstDfl.interpolateWith: Bad move AmovPknlMstpSlowWpstDnon

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMsprSlowWpstDfr.interpolateWith: Bad move AmovPknlMstpSlowWpstDnon

Sth to look into Rg.

Detailed feedback soon. For now: notworthy.gif

@Dmarkwick,

- All you have to do is add this to a player’s init line in the mission editor “ this exec “camera.sqs†“. You will then be in camera mode and you can move around. http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/camera.sqs

@Vultar,

- About AI loosing waypoint, my only guess would be that AI are too fatigued. Please disable that one pbo and see if that solves it. If so, that should be easy to fix on my end.

- About having even crazier recoils isn’t a matter of removing an effect but actually adjusting everything to be more extreme and I didn’t want to go too far to that extreme side. I thought this was a decent balance for now at least. Also, m107 having less recoil than the m24 is news to me. In default arma, doesn’t the m107 have more recoil? I'm not positive, but I think I remember it being that way. The scoped weapons may be a bit too extreme, but I wanted to make it so they aren’t so quick and rapidly deadly. You need to take more time to adjust after a shot, which I think is a step in the right direction.

@jimbojones,

- I do agree it is a little bit too sensitive. For me it makes it extremely easy to drive, but almost too easy in a possibly unrealistic way. I can drive around rahamadi in between all the crevices and not hit anything, but when I disable it, I tend to run into many objects. One thing I forgot to mention is that you may not want to use this addon if you have high sensitivity for your mouse control. My X-Axis is very low, so the sensitivity feels great to me, but if you use default mouse sensitivity or higher, this addon might not be for you.

@MadRussian,

- Thanks for the nice and clear explanation. The transitions seem to be missing from SideWalking-SideSprint and Strafe L/R-SideSprint. I pretty sure I can definitely fix those.

@andersson,

- Not sure, but I’ll have a look later.

@VictorFarbau,

- At first I was thinking the faster ROF and using an effects mod might be the cause, still might be part of the problem, but maybe Q will indeed narrow it down to either the script in “TrueGameplay-Player-Fatigueâ€, the three “TrueGameplay-Animation-TransitionFixs†RPT errors, or something else.

@Q,

- Thanks, waiting on the details. wink_o.gif

- I just had a quick look and at least the rpt errors seem to be the incorrect animations - “AmovPknlMstpSlowWpstDnonâ€. I think they should be “AmovPknlMstpSrasWpstDnonâ€, but can those 3 rpt errors be the cause or might there be something else?

Hm I had a look at the ArmA configs myself now - may I ask why

you use 'interpolateWith' - ArmA has only 3/4 instances of these.

does this addon works with SLX mod? I tried it last night but it doesnt work. but the older truerange_AI beta works just fine... any clues?

thank you

sorry for quoting myself... this will be the last one. hehe

peace smile_o.gif

Regarding the "TrueGameplay-Player-Fatigue" again - I just replaced all 3 "WaitUntil" statements with WHILE (cond) DO {sleep 2; ....}; statements.

If it is true that WaitUntil is being checked after each frame then this was just a bad combination of this fact and the script waiting for a non-time-critical condition (run by each soldier) most of the time. After that change FPS went up by 10 for me.

Regards,

VictorFarbau

So client needs this running as well as server for this to take effect?

@MadRussian,

- Thanks for the nice and clear explanation. The transitions seem to be missing from SideWalking-SideSprint and Strafe L/R-SideSprint. I pretty sure I can definitely fix those.

Thanks for your time and energy ironing these out.  The broken animation transitions have indeed bothered me more than anything else regarding ArmA.  I can hardly wait to see them all working seemlessly! smile_o.gif

I have a some dynamic mission ideas in mind...  Fixes like yours really go a long way to provide the motivation to keep creating!

why does the server not download the mods the player needs?Could nobody make that i think that will be very handy.

But we are going to try the mod and get back to you .

truegameplay-ai-radar.pbo.truegameplay-ai-radar.bisign is missing, but truegameplay-ai-radar.bikey is there. TrueGamplayMods.rar 103.666 byte.

Can anyone else confirm that their BLUFOR replacement files are working when using this Mod? I've had this problem for a while where only OPFOR replacement files were working and for the life of me I couldn't get Replacement files for Jonny's SF and Marines(all camo versions), Cam's 1st ID to work at all.

Now since I use tons and tons of Mods/AddOns and thus various Mod folders, I figured it was just a conflict with someone's Units, Vehicles, etc. After hours of removing Mod Folders from the target line, removing .pbo's from various Mod Folders and trying different combination in the target line; I realized it was the only folder I didn't remove.

It was the Mod Folder I use for the TrueMod's content. I pretty much use all the .pbo's in the newest release. The BLUFOR replacement problem seems to be the only problem I'm having. All the TM stuff seems to work just fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT:

After more trial and error I found out the cause. It seems the "true1stpersonpov.pbo" causes BLUFOR replacement file not to work.

I've tested it with Vanilla ArmA + .Jonny's Marines and .Jonny's SF with respective replacement files + true1stpersonpov. I had the Units and replacement files in their own Mod Folder and true1stpersonpov in it's own Mod folder.

All other TrueMods and TrueMods-Gameplay stuff worked fine using this test method.

Does anyone have any thoughts to what needs to be tweaked in order to get this working with Blufor Replacement files?