Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios : Reloaded

^^ Ahah guys...

Thanks for your arousing pics (hard like a) Rock!

biggrin_o.gif

Seriously tho, the Hawk is a really nice pick and will be a perfect addition because it is perfect plane platform for a map the size of Sahrani! (In terms of speed, range, weapons etc...)

Good job Rksl team!

RKSL Team,

fantastic work on the new site and the new set of addons.

Everything is looking very good so far and you made progress since the last update in december.

May i ask a few more detailed project questions:

Hawk MK.60:

That Sahrani skin already looks awesome, are the RAF skins already done, too?

How far is the addon script wise or what has to be done for a release?

I just realised that the MK.60 seems to be the export only version of the hawk?

Rapier:

How far is the script work implemented? I remember the demo video for OFP, is this already working with the ArmA version?

Puma HC.1:

I remember the very promising screens back fom december and january, what´s the actual status on this addon? What´s left?

And at last:

What´s likely the first addon in your opinion which gets released?

Thanks for your answers.

The only things I can tell you about these projects is the texture status.

Hawk: Yes, RAF textures are done too along with 2 more desert skins from other nations.

Puma: Textures are gone be reworked, polished up.

Thank you for your compliments!

edit: As I was looking around on every page of the RKSL website I found this banner showing a few colors of the Hawk.

Check it out here

Guest RKSL-Rock
...May i ask a few more detailed project questions:

Hawk MK.60:

That Sahrani skin already looks awesome, are the RAF skins already done, too?

How far is the addon script wise or what has to be done for a release?

I just realised that the MK.60 seems to be the export only version of the hawk?

The main reason I haven’t posted shots of the RAF T1 and T1A version is that I haven’t produced a satisfactory Specular map at this time.

I’m not prepared to go into detail about what has to be done to it.  It’s not unfair to say that it is quite a bit though.  The cockpits are bare at the moment.

Rapier:

How far is the script work implemented? I remember the demo video for OFP, is this already working with the ArmA version?

The Rapier FSC Launcher is almost complete.  It just needs a config tweak and damage trextures.

As for the “scriptâ€, I assume you mean the FCSS.  That won’t be released with the Rapier.  UNN has decided it needs to be re written in the light of what we have learned about ArmA and its capabilities and limits.  This means the Rapier FSC will be released as a stand alone SAM unit initially and later upgraded with the FCSS.

Puma HC.1:

I remember the very promising screens back fom december and january, what´s the actual status on this addon? What´s left?

All the main Helicopters are on hold at the moment while I sort out some issues with them.  I’m not going into details with that either.  I just not prepared to get into huge debates about how our helos should work.  You will have to trust us and accept that they will work.

And at last:

What´s likely the first addon in your opinion which gets released?

Thanks for your answers.

I’m putting money on the Rocket Pack equipped Elvis with realistic gripping hands!  Cmon you know the score by now; They will be done when they are done. And the first one we finish will be the first one released.

Well we have one modeller, one texture artist and one scripter. Add to that, our desire to try and help others when we can. So please don’t try and compare us with the gargantuan Mods currently doing the rounds.

Well, thank you for the answers.

But somehow reading them, with the exception of VXRs response, makes me think you felt a bit insulted or under pressure.

This wasn´t my intention and obviously i don´t understand a word about what has technically to be done on the addons to complete them. That´s for sure.

The questions were only out of interest.

Perhaps it´s only my feeling when reading the answers, but let´s not start a debate here. Thank you for your answers.

The release is ofcourse yours to decide...

But i would make the pack complete before

release and then ship it as a "PACK"...

That way when one thing is done and waiting for

the others you will still think of it, and maby correct

stuff on the road instead of releasing a bunch of

fixes.

But thats me. Like i said its ALL up to you...

Hazzle/ PLEASE DO IT SOON /Hazzle

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well, thank you for the answers.

But somehow reading them, with the exception of VXRs response, makes me think you felt a bit insulted or under pressure…

Insulted, not exactly but under pressure yes.  

A long time a go we said we would not give out any release dates.  This is our hobby, not our business and we don’t want to feel like we are being hounded to release something and frankly some people and I’m not saying you are one of them) have an overly developed “sense of entitlement†when it comes to addons  We cant and wont produce addons on demand – I wish we could.  We can only work as fast as we have the time to.  And we only have just so much free time. So you’ll forgive me if I get annoyed and a bit sarcastic when people say “when is it due for release?† Every time you will get the same reply “It’ll be done when it’s doneâ€.

As UNN said we are but 3 men, all with personal and professional lives all with little free time to devote to our hobby of making FREE content for people we have never met.

The release is ofcourse yours to decide...

But i would make the pack complete before

release and then ship it as a "PACK"...

…

Hazzle/ PLEASE DO IT SOON /Hazzle

Case in point.

The Rapiers will be released as a stand alone addon. FCSS functionality will be added in later.

Rock,

nowhere in my post i asked for a release date.

See it my way:

I got very excited when the new page was up and when i saw the new screens from the various projects. So naturally i´m interested in what is left on some of the projects which "look" like could be finished some time in the future..that was all i wanted to know.

Don´t get me wrong but you have to differ between people who ask only and repeatedly about "when is it released" and people who only want to know a bit more of the actual status of some specific addons.

Never was it my intention to put someone from your team under pressure. Sometimes i think you have to think exactly about every word you write because it could be understood the wrong way. But i guess that´s the dilemma we now have with all these whiners and constant release beggers out there.

Sometimes i think you have to think exactly about every word you write because it could be understood the wrong way.

I pretty much believe the same and that Rock could write EULAs too, due to writing so that he covers all aspects. I guess that's what you get when you deal with the community like he does, he just wants to show some stuff he made and that stuff is of great quality and accuracy and everybody wants it now and can't wait, if he did that everybody would whine and bitch about how's it's not done and blah blah, like expected from an unfinished addon. But on the other case, pricks are plentiful in each community and this one is no exception, so these pricks take it upon themselves to bug Rock every chance they get and if he doesn't tell them exactly what they want to hear they bitch and whine, call him names and accuse him of never releasing any addons, all the while forgetting that he's making military sim level accurate adodns for free(you have to pay in other communites and I can only think of one where they provide the same ammount of detail, accuracy, but not the same features that is FS ofcourse).

I sometimes wish the community would be full of good looking, nicely racked, patient blondes, redheads and brunettes, who all live in driving distance from me and are eager to put out to lonely modders. Then again I have more chance of seeing a flock of flying unicorns flying past my house and bringing me eternal happiness and bliss than I have at getting pussy via modding. Oh well, at least it's fun and I get to shoot and blow up things.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock,

nowhere in my post i asked for a release date.

See it my way:

I got very excited when the new page was up and when i saw the new screens from the various projects. So naturally i´m interested in what is left on some of the projects which "look" like could be finished some time in the future..that was all i wanted to know.

Don´t get me wrong but you have to differ between people who ask only and repeatedly about "when is it released" and people who only want to know a bit more of the actual status of some specific addons.

Never was it my intention to put someone from your team under pressure. Sometimes i think you have to think exactly about every word you write because it could be understood the wrong way. But i guess that´s the dilemma we now have with all these whiners and constant release beggers out there.

You are taking this personally when it’s not meant solely at you. While you inspired my post you weren’t its sole intended recipient. To give you a some insight into the crap we’re facing right now. Since the site went live on Saturday, 6 days ago ive had 32 emails all along the lines of:

Quote[/b] ]…new site but when are we going get our fucking addons!
Quote[/b] ]…You should tell us all when you are going to release you’ve had them long enough
Quote[/b] ]Cmon we demand proper updates with release dates
Quote[/b] ]Fuk you are some slow fukers, get your fuking cunts in gear…
Quote[/b] ]Tell me when you are going to release these addon…I NEED THEM NOW…
Quote[/b] ]stop teasing us you fukking cuntz…
Quote[/b] ]Please tell me when the Harrier will be released and i wont accept whenits done i want a solid date...
Quote[/b] ]You should be working on the C-130 not making websites you dick.  When is it going to ready
Quote[/b] ]Doncha wana make US hardware the brit stuff is shit. Release everything now and we can finish for you
Quote[/b] ]nothing for 4 months and now you post this with no solid releaze date you suck

These are a few of the highlights.  Wonder why we fell pressurized and vaguely insulted?  Asking for release dates and which we are going to release first is one and the same right now.  I promise you its two questions that effectively have the same answer:  "When its ready".

Now please if you or anyone else wants to continue this line of debate, or ask about release dates PM me.  If you want to ask something about the projects’ features or versions please post.  Or if you want to abuse us please email: iamanungratefulshitandwanttowhineatrksl@rkslstudios.info

Now this is the end of this branch of the topic. If you want to debate this do it via pm please else I'm going ask the Mods to close the thread. New subject please.

Ive gotta say theres some strong dis respect here, its rediculious the addons will be done when the addon makers finish them. If you want them, you make em! Gottit?

Great work Chaps, Loving the new website, nice menue bar, makes everything more accessable.

Ive gotta say theres some strong dis respect here, its rediculious the addons will be done when the addon makers finish them. If you want them, you make em! Gottit?

Exactly.

Yup, great work guys. Take as long as you need and want.

Wow this really leaves me speachless. People really need to get a life and stop their sad bullshit.

@Rock, I remember your "test" island from OFP...

Are you still using it in Arma to test your models? (I guess not because I can't see it in any of your wip videos.) Did you had trouble exporting it to Arma? Are you planning to create a new one?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Wow this really leaves me speachless. People really need to get a life and stop their sad bullshit.

@Rock, I remember your "test" island from OFP...

Are you still using it in Arma to test your models? (I guess not because I can't see it in any of your wip videos.) Did you had trouble exporting it to Arma? Are you planning to create a new one?

It happens so often these days its stops surprising me. I know it shouldn't get to me but i'm afraid it does.

Test Island 1... no I didn’t port it. I made a new one, Test Island 40: Boa Verde.

The map is 40.96km x 40.96km

- 1677.7 Km sq of TOTAL space.

- approx. 1342.2 Km sq of Land mass.

- Mixed terrain types:

-- Mostly arid sandy deserts

-- “lush†river valleys

-- Large Savannah style area in the SSE sector

-- Rocky mountainous areas in the N and NNE sectors

- 2x major air fields

--- – Civil airport with a small military presence (Western edge of island)

--- – Large military airbase with all the bells and whistles that entails (E edge of island)

- Disused airbase on the bombing range.

- 2 small grass/desert strips for light aircraft etc

- 2-3 “Terrorist†camps

- 2x Army Camps

- Dedicated Bombing range NW Corner in the volcanic rock areas

- Multiple SA-2 style SAM sites

- NATO 6 figure map references

Edit I forgot, also:

- Large reservoir at 130m ASL

- New hangers

- 8 new fence types

- about 40 new ambient models too

... I know it shouldn't get to me but i'm afraid it does.

mate do not allow it! (ignore it and don't let it 'touch' you)

Those people that have these kind of reactions don't know the feeling and hard work behind all this huge awesome project, the time we give and spend on our projects to make all these developments become a reality for our community.

I bet 99% of those emails are sent by kids that don't have any respect for other's people work.

I agree to what was said already, take all time needed.

It's ready when its ready.

Better to have it latter with good quality then faster and poor, knowing it could be improved.

Ps- Keep up the good work, and always remind that 99% of the real community backs you up on your choice! (the other 1% do not like forums wink_o.gif)

edit:

Quote[/b] ]Test Island 1... no I didn’t port it. I made a new one, Test Island 40: Boa Verde.

i curious about your Island smile_o.gif

Edit I forgot, also:

- Large reservoir at 130m ASL

Mmmmm time for a Dambusters mod!!

I couldnt find the project info about your C-130... are you guys still working on it? indeed that menu-bar is much better. Great work guys, you should be payed for doing this. biggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]Test Island 1... no I didn’t port it. I made a new one, Test Island 40: Boa Verde.

i curious about your Island smile_o.gif

If i get chance I'll post a project page for it on the website this weekend.

I couldnt find the project info about your C-130... are you guys still working on it? indeed that menu-bar is much better.  Great work guys, you should be payed for doing this.   biggrin_o.gif  inlove.gif

You know i could have sworn I had answered this same question in the last few days but i cant find it now... I think i'm losing it.

Right, apologioes for the confusion, not all the project pages are loaded yet.  I just havent had the time.  But yes we are still working on the C-130 Hercules pack.  Its been on pause while the cargo system was being devleoped.  I didnt see the point of a cargo plane without the ability to carry cargo.

We have however dropped the AC-130 for a variety of reasons. We had a discussion a while back and decided to drop it.  Our reasoning is pretty simple:

1) Considering the size of ArmA's current islands an AC130 would be massive over kill.  It would negatively affect the Air vs Ground balance in the game.  

2) While it may look very cool raining fire down.  IMO its too powerful, ruining the game for non aircrew.

3) Implimentation of the turret system would be problematic if we were to try to simulate it properly.

4) It wasn't a project we were 'that' interested in to begin with.  it was only added due to demand.  Once we looked into it properly the amount of work required for it is not worth the end result.

For those that were waiting for an AC130 Im sorry but until we can find a better turret solution or the maps get larger we won't be picking it up again.

just checked your page a little while ago, and wow, you've got a really heavy workload, with many projects going on. I can well understand that not all will be finished soon or ever. And that's not bad, if you're doing it for a hobby, you sometimes have just to start a new project if you have a new idea. The results shouldn't be the most important to you, but being on the way should.

Telling the bastards who are pouring shit on you to bugger off will probably won't help. You really should configure your emails spam filter accordingly. You could also talk to an admin here about it, maybe someone registered with the same email adress at the forums.

The project i'm most excited of is this:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/project....-system

are you still actively working on it? (i don't want to increase the pressure with this question!wink_o.gif

Oh my god.

All this quotes from the emails Rocko received include unacceptable "bullshit".

How can someone dare to write such insulting stuff? mad_o.gif

Good things take time, especially in modding, where no one "works" full time on his project. As Rocko said, it`s an hobby.

That really is sad. I would hate to see some bad apples spoil it for the rest of us.    pistols.gif   wow_o.gif

RKSL is one of the old timers and a popular group and as such your popularity tends to bring in some riff raff you just gotta let it roll off guys and know that its not the opinion of your true fans.   notworthy.gif

Thats quite shocking some of the abuse that youve been getting. I frequently use a ipod touch forum and atleast half the posts on there everyday are asking when the release date of the 2.0 Firmware is released. People are just impatient and like things to look forward too.

I take it that the models and such are ready to be imported to ArmA2 should it be released later on this year? I hear theres not a great deal of compatability issues between addons from ArmA and ArmA2.

Any nice features planned for the UAV?  like portable JTAC units, or the ability to call Ai to fly them and report waht they see?

Will the Air weapons pack work like a Jam system for planes? with the ability to script loadouts in editor?

Has the radar and missile system i saw videos for OFP a few years ago been ported to ArmA or is that project now dead?

anyway keep up the good work and good luck.

ha,who gives a shit when they are released,we know know they in the pipework.

well done rock & team.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I take it that the models and such are ready to be imported to ArmA2 should it be released later on this year? I hear theres not a great deal of compatability issues between addons from ArmA and ArmA2.

From what we understand it should be no problem converting them to ArmA2

Any nice features planned for the UAV?  like portable JTAC units, or the ability to call Ai to fly them and report waht they see?

No, the UAVs are meant strictly for MP at this stage.  Someone will need to fly them to make decent use of them.  We aren’t planning a “management system†like EMSI.  We are just trying to make an accurate simulation of manned tactical UAVs for MP games.  Others are working on AI friendly solutions.

Will the Air weapons pack work like a Jam system for planes? with the ability to script loadouts in editor?

No, not like JAM.  The UK Air Wepaons pack was originally meant to be a common addon for all the RKSL UK aircraft, not for everyone else.  Since we began looking seriously at a new dynamic loading system it’s taken on a larger role.  It’s now going to hold all the weapons and launcher rack proxies for a dynamic arming system similar to ACES.  Eventually you may see other packs with more weapons but right now (while we develop it further) we are only going to limit ourselves to the UK weapons inventory.  It’s far more manageable than the US or most western types.

Has the radar and missile system i saw videos for OFP a few years ago been ported to ArmA or is that project now dead?

The project i'm most excited of is this:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/project....-system

are you still actively working on it? (i don't want to increase the pressure with this question!wink_o.gif

I assume you and Sdoc are talking about the Fire Control Script System (FCSS).  Yes it’s still in development.  As I said earlier in this thread, UNN is going to optimise it for the ArmA engine.  Right now it’s quite limited and he believes he can do a lot better now having learnt far more about the game engine.