Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Murray

BATTLE OF ORTEGO by Mr-Murray [SP]

MAPFACT presents BATTLE OF ORTEGO by Mr-Murray

Today Mapfact presenting Mr-Murrays first mission for Armed-Assault.

In the "Battle of Ortego" it’s up to some special-forces to arrest the SLA president.

battle-of-ortego.jpg

One of our Special Forces teams has located President Richardicz in the early morning hours close to Ortego.

We have received information from interrogation of the bodyguards, that he wanted to flee to Sahrani after

his seat of government has been attacked by allied forces on the Island Saint Cruez. It’s time to get him now.

You have to infiltrate the town at dawn with your team. Your primary target is to capture the President. Once

we have him, We think that the SLA troops will put down their weapons and give the rest of the Island back to

us non violently.

BoO_1_k.jpgBoO_2_k.jpg

Current Situation on Sahrani:

A huge part of the Island is still under SLA control. Heavy fights persist all over the Borderlines.

Our forces are still involved in heavy fights with the SLA forces. Some important,

strategic locations were captured by our troops.

Features:

- Artillery strikes for each side

- Airstrikes for each side

- Radioman can call air and artillery support

- Surrender option for enemy units

- Unique sound environment

- Backpack (Save and Heal option for player)

- Spotter Option (One of the player’s team units(The Sniper) is a spotter. The player is able to switch into the view of this unit to observe an area.

Give him the order "Scan Horizon" and a direction of view. After that open your Backpack and choose "Spotter".)

- Special Effects (Fire, smoke, explosions and something else)

- Story based mission

- Animated characters

- Varity of tasks

- Additional dynamic tasks

- Synchronized movie sequences (Intro, Briefing, Meeting, Outro)

- Units patrolling in buildings

- Enemy units are able to call support (Artillery, Airstrike, others)

- Music track: We treal - Lex Lakaiser

- Two supported languages: English and German

- High dynamic level / gameplay

- Unlimited Save Option

- and much more...

Mission: Single Player Mission

Role: Team Leader

Difficulty level: Advanced / Veteran

Credits: Big thanks to all my beta testers. And some special thanks to W0lle and his great beta test work!

Beta testers:

W0lle, Chneemann, Al Simmons, Sgt.Ace, Blackland, Teufelsklaue, Matt Rochelle, [HSP]-NoFu, Parvus, MemphisBelle,

Burns, Legislator, Metal0130

Addons: Queen´s Gambit

Version: 1.14

Tips:

- You should play the mission without using any additional mods at first! This way you will see all the features

which are generally possible in ArmA.

- Proceed with caution!

- Use your team!

DOWNLOAD

Have fun and Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Yes you will.

It's not possible to make a QG free version due to the used anmations, sound files and buildings.

I really don't get what that fuss about QG is all about. As soon as someone makes a mission or addon with it, you can bet one comes up and whine about it.

If you don't want to spend the additional few bucks on it then get used to the fact that you cannot play all missions or use all addons.

Yes you will.

It's not possible to make a QG free version due to the used anmations, sound files and buildings.

I really don't get what that fuss about QG is all about. As soon as someone makes a mission or addon with it, you can bet one comes up and whine about it.

If you don't want to spend the additional few bucks on it then get used to the fact that you cannot play all missions or use all addons.

Agreed.

This is one of the best missions i have played in a looong long time.. This is the type of mission that brings me back to the flashpoint days and beyond. The atmosphere is amazing, the timed events thoughtout the missions are supubly done and i must congratulate Mr.Murray for this out standing mission.

This is the future. !!!!

I really have to agree Matt Rochelle. When I was testing the mission I was so much impressed about the missions contents and furthermore about the default ArmA possibilities. Remind, all what you´ll see here is pure ArmA. There were no Addons used in the mission. If I wouldnt know that Mr-Murray is a Community Member so I would say that he is the Chief Mission producer of Bohemia Interactive....:D

Great work Mr-Murray....

Greets

MemphisBelle

Great Mission. And a challenging one too!

I´d say people hate having to pay for stuff that others cough up in the morning while having a disastrous hangover and give it away for free.

I´m exagerating a bit, but afterall it´s what people think (it must be it, use common sense lol).

edit: typo

Well ive seen worse expansions come out of EA. and to behonest what they added addon wise i dont see any community members making it. Neither making a campaign like it etc.

So far I haven't seen anyone releasing anything similiar to that TV-Studio or the other buildings in QG.

But let us discuss this great mission here, not what QG is about and what not.

Those who think they must boycot QG shall do it, in the end they boycot themselves.

Ok, Now,

Quote[/b] ]discuss this great mission here!

It's a really outstanding one mates! Thank you so much about this meticulously edit and perfect impression! wink_o.gif

I only see an option for Artillery Grenade strike. I see no option for an airstrike, rendering my Laser Des useless sad_o.gif Do I need to do something special for it to unlock? Im saved at a point before the Pres capture but after I have destroyed the enemy artillery.

W0lle, I am truly really really sorry for asking. Will never happen again.

Good morning

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys.

@ TonnyRat

You will have the possibility to call an Airstrike just only one time in this mission.

One another is an automatically strike. But… you have always the chance to call artillery

whenever you want.

I hope you enjoyed this mission and I wish you all a lot of fun and action with it.

It´s not only a mission and still less a game. It´s war!

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

Just played through it then. Very nice mission, lot of good features. I'd give it a 9/10 wink_o.gif

Argh, why QG? sad_o.gif

To push the sellings?

@edit:

isn't it possible to make two versions?

Anims, sounds with vanilla, commmunity addons and one with QG.

Thanks for mission!!

Why people whinning about QG content in custom made missions- only like to "punish" BIS/publisher because they don't like to pay few bucks? Mission designers have bought it... imho bit strange if some people try to force mission creators not to use (t)his own stuff.

Argh, why QG? sad_o.gif

To push the sellings?

@edit:

As if the few bucks you have to pay for QG will do anyting related to sellings.

Mr-Murray decided to use some content from QG for his mission - for example the TV-Station plays an important role in the mission. Do you have an idea how many hours he spent to create this? Why he should spend even more hours to tune the mission down just because some people boycot the Expansion?

Get used to the fact that you cannot play the mission if you boycot Queens Gambit.

Great mission, Mr. Murray!

Just the spawning enemy troops once the alarm is activated are pretty unrealistic... It's annoying when you have positioned your men to strike the enemy and suddenly there comes a bunch of men just behind you and kills half of the squad... confused_o.gif

A good idea would be them spawning in front of buildings around Ortego or something like that... But otherwise its just frustrating sometimes.

Argh, why QG? sad_o.gif

To push the sellings?

@edit:

Mr-Murray decided to use some content from QG for his mission - for example the TV-Station plays an important role in the mission. Do you have an idea how many hours he spent to create this?

Hey, sorry.

But I'm not against Mr.Murray and ofcause his great work (as I read). But I think it's shame that such good mission can't be provided for all users. I understand the facts and ofcause I honored Mr.Murrays work, but it's pity because I alsö want to know the true promise of this mission. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Get used to the fact that you cannot play the mission if you boycot Queens Gambit.

Thats the satement what im waiting for, thanks.

thanks for the mission , a good sp mission is always welcome smile_o.gif

Then why you're posting here? To tell us that you won't get the Expansion?

This was the last post about the mission using QG stuff. If you have nothing constructive to post then leave it please and move on.

This thread is made for feedback, not for complaining about the mission using QG stuff.

Good morning

Thanks all for your feedbacks wink_o.gif

It has really nothing to do to push QG or something like that.

QG is a part of the game like Resistance in OFP and therefor I

decided to use some things of it to deliver more features.

Quote[/b] ]Just the spawning enemy troops once the alarm is activated are pretty unrealistic...

Hmm... where? Normally not!

And now, have fun with it wink_o.gif

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

ya know, not everybody can get QG. i've posted about it multiple times. so until it's easy to get (i have no issues paying for it), there is no way anybody can consider it a must have ala resistance.

in no way am i slagging you mr.murray. congrats on the release of a mission that obviously is first class. banghead.gif