Sign in to follow this  
coma73

Generic Opfor

So Agamoth and I were working on a set of addons that have eventually evolved into this-

Generic Opfors from various areas to be used on various island from various areas without looking like one specific place.

Confused, its ok.

so here are some pics. the addons are almost done but still need work so we would be happy for any help from anyone interested.

EUROPEAN REBELS

rebel9.jpg

rebels9.jpg

rebeltest5.jpg

MIDDLE EASTERN/ EUROPEAN/AFRICAN REBELS

newinsergants.jpg

Untitled-1copy-1.jpg

RUSSIAN/ EASTERN EUROPEAN REBEL

newrebtest4.jpg

So plz don't bother with arguing semantics but constructive criticism is appreciated

Looking killer mate - good luck with it!

Yeah, they sure look great, one of the coolest addons. Hopefully they'll all have wound textures and that size won't be half a gig smile_o.gif

Ah, nice, my kind of addon.

I must agree with Fabiantronc, some South American rebels would be great, actually, something that can be used as narcos would be superv.

Looking great, but also some south east asian rebels and also some winter/snow guerilla's for the use in the upcoming USEC winter wonderland biggrin_o.gif

And how many variations do you plan in each type...?

Very nice looking units.

Wouldnt mind getting a PM about the usage of my textures though.

Too bad Agamoth didnt have time when i asked him about a cooperative project that involved my russian stuff... huh.gif

the african rebels i am hoping to make into columbian/latin american rebels also ideally i would like them to be m.east, latin american. asian and african, so far i have m. eastern faces but will need latin and asian faces. also thanks for the interest

Very nice looking units.

Wouldnt mind getting a PM about the usage of my textures though.

Too bad Agamoth didnt have time when i asked him about a cooperative project that involved my russian stuff... huh.gif

these textures for many are just placeholders to check color schemes so i wasn't planning on using those textures (the russian ones) and if i grew attached i would have asked before i finalized.

Ok with me just weird to see your stuff and not knowing whats planned with it.

Looking great.

Some color variations for the mideastern headwear would be nice.

Guest Ti0n3r

Very nice smile_o.gif

thanks for the imput guys and ideally i would like to make rebels(ahhhem- "irregulars") for all areas but im but a mear texture artist so i am learning slowly. any help with creating more units would be great.

Uh-Oh I feel the semantical thing a brewing. Hopefully not, just once. wink_o.gif

I like the variety thus far. I was going to ask about SA guerrilla as well, but I'm a little slow today. I look forward to watching this pack evolve.

I really like these, but please put them on independent, its a shame when trying to make for example Chechnya war style missions but both the player units and enemies are on OPFOR, it can cause confusion and can also make using random AI scripts a pain if not down right impossible.

Well, OPFOR stands for Opposing forces, why wouldn't they be on OPFOR - they are rebels smile_o.gif create BLUFOR officer with 0% spawn possibility and link your soldiers to it.

We usually use Independent forces for policemen or local government guards...

I think these dudes look great, and I'm looking forward to using them when they're released.

A quick question, Do you think you might make a version of them for the BLUFOR side? Sometimes, really "high-speed, low-drag" types of units such as the CIA, NSA, DIA, SFOD, DEVGRU, PMC's, etc, might use guys that look a little like this for operations where they have to be completely deniable, and undercover. That would mean they might also use non-US issue weapons, that could identify them as US personnel.

Just a thought.... it might be kind of neat to have to do a ultra-covert mission, with guys that are kitted out, and actually look like the locals/bad guys.

^ Another reason to simply use independent side.

Well, OPFOR stands for Opposing forces, why wouldn't they be on OPFOR - they are rebels smile_o.gif create BLUFOR officer with 0% spawn possibility and link your soldiers to it.

Because its silly to force something to OPFOR when theres no real reason to? If you're making Chechen style rebels why force them to OPFOR which almost all Russian style addons go to? Making them independent is the most simple solution to units like these. They aren't a real standing military so why force them in alliance to one? Opposing forces is also a relative term, playing as a Russian soldier BLUFOR would be the "OPFOR".

And that trick doesn't work when trying to spawn random AI among other things, infact any trick with spawning random AI to another side usually results in them getting into a civil war and killing most of themselves off.

^ Another reason to simply use independent side.

Because its silly to force something to OPFOR when theres no real reason to? If you're making Chechen style rebels why force them to OPFOR which almost all Russian style addons go to? Making them independent is the most simple solution to units like these. They aren't a real standing military so why force them in alliance to one? Opposing forces is also a relative term, playing as a Russian soldier BLUFOR would be the "OPFOR".

And that trick doesn't work when trying to spawn random AI among other things, infact any trick with spawning random AI to another side usually results in them getting into a civil war and killing most of themselves off.

But crucifies any chance of using the RACS forces against the "Generic OPFOR"

I never spawn AI so it doesn't bother me what side they're on. Although I guess if the author sees fit, he could add them to Independant and OPFOR.

If it really bothers you take a wander into the cofig and change them I guess, do we need authors permission for that or is it only if we intend to release them as standalones?