Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare Updated! v1.5

You need more than just the flare script to make it work. You have two options:

- Use the script suite removing everything that you dont need (I can help you with this).

- Just add a MMA 2.3 gamelogic to your mission, in this case the mission will be dependant on the MMA 2.3 addon.

I used these mandoble: Mando Flares.Intro

Its around the 10th post down on the main page.

and instead off adding the name i used:

Quote[/b] ][_vehicle, 400, 1, 2, true]execVM"mando_units\mando_missileecm.sqf"

In the place where the units are created. so i dont no if it works.

Do the following for automatic flares for your air units:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_vehicle SetVehicleInit "res = [This] execVM ""mando_missiles\units\mando_onlymandoones.sqf""";

[_vehicle, 800, 1, 5, false, 0]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_missileecm.sqf";

processInitCommands;

The first line ensures any BIS missile fired against the unit is automatically replaced by a mando one.

very nice mission!!! played with friends today 1.5e and we enjoy it!

Thanks a lot Matt Rochelle!

Greetings

Desiderius

www.fh-warzone.de

Ive been working on editing the warfare mission myself, ( a learning exp). Ive figured out how to add things and port it to different islands and such. Whats screwing me up is I can't get any resistance to spawn in my new towns. How did you do this?

Also been trying to impliment COC's command engine for sp to be able to command all 8 squads.

Just noticed a 'funny' thing today - if I relocate HQ, AI hangs. AI controlled squads simply don't move, they don't obey any commander's orders (like defent, attack, move). It happens even in clean arma without any addons sad_o.gif This happens in each game, the only way to fix it is to kill them, but they get stack again soon...

edit: this happens in 1.5f version.

Just noticed a 'funny' thing today - if I relocate HQ, AI hangs. AI controlled squads simply don't move, they don't obey any commander's orders (like defent, attack, move). It happens even in clean arma without any addons sad_o.gif This happens in each game, the only way to fix it is to kill them, but they get stack again soon...

this problem i have also in orginal warfare bi 1.0 version sometimes. But not only the AI squads .. also with the supply trucks.

it might be an general problem with warfare.

Greetings

Desiderius

www.fh-warzone.de

I like this version and it is stable but....

Increasing the cost for the air factory and artillery was desireable, but I think increased too much. 1 field gun costs more than a main battle tank?

Other than that, I think it is a nice improvement. The biggest problem this mode has I am not sure can be scripted. When munchkins join a side, see where the mhq is, then quit and join the other side so thay can gain an advantage, buy arty and then pound the mhq which they realistically shouldn't know where it is anyway. Is there any way to force a player to a particular side, like after you started as west, you cannot change sides until the map is restarted?

I like this version and it is stable but....

Increasing the cost for the air factory and artillery was desireable, but I think increased too much.  1 field gun costs more than a main battle tank?

Other than that, I think it is a nice improvement.  The biggest problem this mode has I am not sure can be scripted.  When munchkins join a side, see where the mhq is, then quit and join the other side so thay can gain an advantage, buy arty and then pound the mhq which they realistically shouldn't know where it is anyway.  Is there any way to force a player to a particular side, like after you started as west, you cannot change sides until the map is restarted?

Arty is very expensive as its so dangious.

And to stop players jumping from one side to another i dont think can be done, unless theserver is locked after game starts.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be more expensive, just in my opinion it's too expensive, otherwise I think your version of this mission is great.

Something I would like to see is light mortars. There was a mod for ofp that included mortars, and required a 3 man crew to use them, disassemble them and reassemble them somewhere as well as to carry the ammo. I think they would be somewhat similar to the grenade launcher vehicles, but with a slower rate of fire and less accuracy.

Warfare is coming along just fine but there's one major bug that if possible, needs to be adressed.

We call it the "mhq unpack bug"

I think its due to latency or lag because it seems to happen when there a clients joining or the server is very busy (SA PvP).

So, what happens is when somoene goes to move the mq by unpacking it the game (I think) sees the mhq as dissappeared and ends the game. If there was a say, 30 second delay before ending the game to counter lag or a desync timeout, could ppossibly fix this problem.

Warfare is coming along just fine but there's one major bug that if possible, needs to be adressed.

We call it the "mhq unpack bug"

I think its due to latency or lag because it seems to happen when there a clients joining or the server is very busy (SA PvP).

So, what happens is when somoene goes to move the mq by unpacking it the game (I think) sees the mhq as dissappeared and ends the game. If there was a say, 30 second delay before ending the game to counter lag or a desync timeout, could ppossibly fix this problem.

hmm im not sure what causes this but i thought it was caused with Supplies... If the MHQ is deployed and there isint 100 Supplies to redeploy it ends the map. Thats what i thought caused it.

Its the only time when i saw it happening.

this problem i have also in orginal warfare bi 1.0 version sometimes. But not only the AI squads .. also with the supply trucks.

Well supply trucks are also AI driven, but worst what can happen with player owned AI - they wont get into repaired vehicles and stuck in walls (for an example AI driven trucks will stuck in Iguana in 10 minutes, give it a try ^__^)...

Was just reading the other topic where the new player was complaining about this game mode. I don't think it was me, but there was a similar situation...

Start out with a HUMMV and 2 AI. Go to the nearest camp. buy a mg pit. Gunned down oh...4 squads. took out 2 M-113's and T-72. Had close to 5K in the first 3-4 minutes. Bought a cannon. Sent the ai to the nearest hilltop. Sighted enemy supply trucks. told to hold fire. followed them/backtracked them back to their base. Started a 1 cannon artillery barrage at the 9:35 mark? Maybe the artillery started earlier than that.

Is this taking advantage of the build menu at camps? Is this considered an exploit? For new players that don't know how to play, I can totally see how disheartening it is to not even have 2 towns in your control and already your base is under assault. Should camps be allowed to build cannons? Maybe artillery should be less accurate, shorter range, and victory conditions changed from MHQ destruction to something else. Base flag? Death of the commander? Something else other than the MHQ and surrounding buildings. Kill ratio of 3:1? 70-100% town control? First side to reach 5,000/10,000/25,000 kills? Maybe road junctions and hilltops away from towns should be capturable points that count towards victory conditions?

Can the spawn point of supply/salvage trucks, player respawn point be marked? So new commanders are aware not to put the MHQ next to a wall or building so his trucks/players get stuck? Maybe the MHQ should spawn automatic AA tanks and Armor that's locked and not within explosion radius of the MHQ? Can everyone have the same viewdistance so there's no unfair advantage from using different weapon systems?

Were you playing the north and south version of my edit, because you wouldnt be able to stop the enemy that fast as both teams start on one island or the other. Only if you had extream 10k veiw distance would you might be possible to locate the enemy base, also the arty range is only 7000m.

any chance of adding something like Evo where you can transfer to other peoples squads Matti? not sure how income would work however then...

BTW Matt, thanks for keeping the Warfare momentum going with your version. I'm sure all...ok...98% of the ArmA community thanks you for our efforts while MM takes a well deserved break.

Have you seen the list of suggestions I posted in the Official Missions/Warfare1.0 topic? Does any of that interest you at this point?

following the KISS doctrine, how about;

-reducing the arty range to 3-4km? Tactical fire support, not strategic strike weapon.

-replacing KA-50 with MI-24?

-Changing the loadout of AH-1Z's so they have ; (A) + 2 stingers; (B) 2 stingers and 6 hellfires?

-adding AA BMP/Strykers

-set viewdistance and airviewdistance to 1.5km for everyone on both sides?

-respawn time = 10 sec / 1km from your death pos to MHQ.

per sandzibar's suggestion; implementing the control center of CRCTI/item 15 Radar tower suggestion of the commander's ability to purchase troops for players?

any chance of adding something like Evo where you can transfer to other peoples squads Matti? not sure how income would work however then...

i cant belive you just asked that.. out of all the people sanzi...

as ive said a million and one times and possible in the chnage log you can already do this  biggrin_o.gif

@ Frank-O i consider all options.

-reducing the arty range to 3-4km? Tactical fire support, not strategic strike weapon. Possible

-replacing KA-50 with MI-24? No BIS Mi24 and im not adding addons into this, also theres a RHS version map

-Changing the loadout of AH-1Z's so they have ; (A) + 2 stingers; (B) 2 stingers and 6 hellfires? Possible

-adding AA BMP/Strykers Would require addons

-set viewdistance and airviewdistance to 1.5km for everyone on both sides? Possible but people seem to want higher

-respawn time = 10 sec / 1km from your death pos to MHQ. huh.gif

hmm im not sure what causes this but i thought it was caused with Supplies... If the MHQ is deployed and there isint 100 Supplies to redeploy it ends the map. Thats what i thought caused it.

Its the only time when i saw it happening.

I too thought maybe that was the only cause of it, but one time when the map ended [in 1.0 I believe] someone said they switched to mobile and map ended.

I asked him right there whether he had at least 200 supply... he said he had at least 8000 supply.

That confirmed for me that there are bad times to change to mobile HQ [caused by lag? or some kind of weird timing?].

Is it possible in ArmA to make buildings and the HQ for one side IMMUNE to friendly damage?

We're starting to see the losers with no life enter servers now and doing nothing else but satcheling the HQ on their own side and blowing them up, then joining the other side and doing it there.

Others go right to satcheling the HQ and all buildings so the map ends right there.

Its slowly getting worse...

If this is impossible with the ArmA engine, then how about a method that broadcasts to everyone just who is doing damage to the base and HQ [so that the appropriate person can be banned by server op].

--------------------------------------

I wonder if someone is someone is trying to prevent anyone from finding out by using AI to attack the HQ. Maybe someone can help me here.

See, last night on a server, the message "1-3-G, CEASE FIRE" came up, and then the HQ blew up.

I immediately went back to lobby to find out who 1-3-G was, but found that it only went to 1-2-X in the lobby (and not into 1-3-X). So I couldn't tell who used 1-3-G to blow up the HQ.

Does anyone know how I would have figured out who did the deed from "1-3-G"? I don't exactly 100% understand how that designation system works.

Let me clear this up.

You start with all AI commanded to capture towns as Infantry.

If you tell them to use BRDMs instead [for high speed mobility], the infantry will not respawn and immediately use BRDMs. They will instead continue on foot, until they are killed.

If they get stuck somehow, then you will never see them use those vehicles. That is why as commander sometimes I have to go out and TERMINATE those AI to force them to respawn back as a vehicle.

The commands do work for me... although I've curiously noticed that if I tell them to MOVE to the supply depot in cities [rather than using Capture Cities] they are much less likely to get stuck somewhere. Of course, I have to micromanage by telling them to go to the next city and so on when they are done capturing it, but that overall seemed to be more effective than "Capture Cities".

--------------

I also notice the problem with relocating the HQ. The soldiers that are present at start of map do not join that HQ that moves [and are forever left standing at the original spot], and I haven't been able to figure whether HQ does build the correct number of soldiers at the new deployed location, or whether it has far less soldiers since the original ones are still alive and standing.

This should be looked into.

-----------------

Sorry for the three straight posts, I thought it'd just be more messy/harder to read if they all were jammed together in one post.

i cant belive you just asked that.. out of all the people sanzi...

as ive said a million and one times and possible in the chnage log you can already do this biggrin_o.gif

ORLY? well you know i dont read stuff... thats like using instructions to put stuff together :P

@ Frank-O i consider all options.

-reducing the arty range to 3-4km? Tactical fire support, not strategic strike weapon. Possible

-Changing the loadout of AH-1Z's so they have ; (A) + 2 stingers; (B) 2 stingers and 6 hellfires? Possible

-set viewdistance and airviewdistance to 1.5km for everyone on both sides? Possible but people seem to want higher

-respawn time = 10 sec / 1km from your death pos to MHQ. huh.gif

Well, I suggested 1.5km to start, and maybe upgrade by the Commander as an arms race would make a nice background game between the two sides. Say in 500m increments at $10K/$25K/$50K increments?

A more radical option is to make it a game by the commanders; every $10K you spend you can increase...or DECREASE the viewdistance 500m as a tactical option (min 1.5km) first come first served.

I'm not sure if you hate or love the respawn suggestion. Or do you need more clarification?

If I play this mission as a singleplayer mission, does anybody know how I can start off as East (SLA)?

Thanks.

If I play this mission as a singleplayer mission, does anybody know how I can start off as East (SLA)?

Thanks.

dont think it will work as a SP mission.. just put it in your MP mission folder and start a LAN game. Will work fine then.