Sign in to follow this  
Biggus

1.14 Install Issue

This is something that drove me away from the game 12 months ago, as I couldn't resolve it.

In every addon I use (the Vilas addons, RH pistols and the ADF addon), every soldier carrying a rifle that isn't vanilla ArmA, drops his rifle and ammo. Pistols stay on the unit, but rifles are dropped. Any guesses why?

This is something that drove me away from the game 12 months ago, as I couldn't resolve it.

In every addon I use (the Vilas addons, RH pistols and the ADF addon), every soldier carrying a rifle that isn't vanilla ArmA, drops his rifle and ammo. Pistols stay on the unit, but rifles are dropped. Any guesses why?

Do you mean they drop their rifles all the time, or only when they swim? Dropping rifles while swimming is normal ArmA behaviour.

Within 5 seconds of starting a mission, they are putting their rifles and ammunition on the ground.

Haven't even bothered going near the water.

What version of the game are you using? A beta patch or the 1.08? Also, do you use a download version (Morphicon etc.) or did you buy the game in a store?

Thanks MadDogX.

It's a boxed version, and I've tried patches 1.05, 1.07, 1.08 and now the 1.12 beta. Happens in all patches.

Well, since the problem is pretty obviously game related and not any kind of hardware issue, I'm somewhat mystified. Since it seems to be version independent, I assume something is wrong with the files.

The only thing I can suggest is:

- completely uninstall the game

- make sure all game files and ArmA registry entries are deleted

- run a fresh install from the disc

- install patch 1.05

- install patch 1.08

- install the beta patch 1.12

All the while make sure there are no errors or warnings. If one does pop up, post it here. Do not install any mods for now, just run a vanilla install and see what happens. Then add and test addons one by one.

Already done it.

No errors.

The only way to sort it I think is to do it all again, and install every addon one at a time. Very frustrating. Strange that I'm the only one it is happening to. Are there any registry keys I should be manually deleting before I reinstall?

So you've tried playing the game without addons and it still happens? Which boxed version do you have? Every mission does this or just certain ones?

Sounds funny to me...and tragic to you because you've got the only version of Un-Armed Assault. biggrin_o.gif .Sorry couldn't help that.

Maybe this is some kind of copyright protection we haven't heard of yet?

Are you sure you use a LEGAL copy?

Tried vanilla ArmA, 1.08 or above with just one widely accepted weapon addon?

Maybe this is some kind of copyright protection we haven't heard of yet?

Are you sure you use a LEGAL copy?

Yes, I own a legal version. Red Ant published Australian version.

Un-Armed Assault is exactly what it is like. Well, except that everyone keeps their pistols. Even with the RH pistol mod.

I was having this problem a year ago, and it coincided with a few issues with Vilas' addons, like no picture displayed for weapons in the gear screen ingame, and that sort of thing. I walked away after I ran out of patience.

Daniel, I'm doing the uninstal/reinstall thing tonight. I'll patch to 1.08 and then add a single mod and test. Any suggestion on what that mod should be?

Have you redownloaded the addons, you're not just copying them back into your reinstalled addons folder are you?

Ok, so I click the installer, it extracts, I select Sprocket Online Version, as soon as it starts, this error comes up:

Error found in Campaigns/ca.pbo (00000000!=00000001)

Anyone know if I can just ignore this and keep installing or should I try to DL a new installer or anyone know a way around it or how to fix it?

Depends on how important the campaign is for you. I installed from the previous beta patch and had no error messages at all.

If you don't play the campaign then I would say ignore it and see if the other files are patched.

The install notes say you have to have 1.08 installed, but everyone updated/playing 1.12.

Do you have to reinstall the game and patch-up to 1.08 before you can apply this new 1.14?

Ok, so I click the installer, it extracts, I select Sprocket Online Version, as soon as it starts, this error comes up:

Anyone know if I can just ignore this and keep installing or should I try to DL a new installer or anyone know a way around it or how to fix it?

What is your exact version? Language, distribution type, what was your exact patch process, did you modify campaigns file in some unusual ways?

What is your exact version? Language, distribution type, what was your exact patch process, did you modify campaigns file in some unusual ways?

It was the English Sprocket Online version, I am guessing Europe version or something because I got it before it was released in the US. I have hit every major patch from the beginning and am using beta 1.12 as well. I didn't even play campaign very much, no modifications done to it at all...

I get the same error. I have the english Sprocket Download version. I deleted the 1.12 beta folder, downloaded the 1.14 update, and double-clicked the installer. Once it was done extracting I selected Sprocket Online and the error comes up. No modifications to the campaigns folder, I've actually never played them. Maybe a beta modified them?

UPDATE: I ignored it as the previous poster recommended and check it out

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

Sprocket Online Version

ArmA: Updating version 1.08 to version 1.14...

Update 1.13-1.14\CAMPAIGNS\CA.PBO.UPD.#CZECHONLINE cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA patch 1.14 has been applied successfully.

It is an update from 1.13-1.14.

As quick workaround, simply press ignore. As result, campaign will not get updated but rest of the patch will be correct.

it happened to me, i chose the CHECZ dvd version even though I downloaded it from sprocket...

but I cant play because of a message:

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/LadderMoveBase.connectFrom

that freezes my player in the position of climbing a ladder

help!

The same there. Installed on RUS/DVD 1.08 version. On menu load getting  message:

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/LadderMoveBase.connectFrom

I still can play, but in missions all AI solders are freeze in the position of climbing a ladder.  confused_o.gif

After I gave up on ArmA 12 months or so ago, I wiped all the addons. The addons that I tried this time were all re-downloaded.

I do have good news to report. I went and uninstalled it, and discovered a few folders that were left. I assume that a file in one of these leftover folders was interfering, because after I wiped those files and did a reinstall to 1.08, it worked alright. I still have a couple more mods to try, but the ones that I thought were causing the problem turned out to be alright. I'll report back here if the other addons cause problems though.

Thanks for the help, folks.

After I gave up on ArmA 12 months or so ago, I wiped all the addons.  The addons that I tried this time were all re-downloaded.

I do have good news to report.  I went and uninstalled it, and discovered a few folders that were left.  I assume that a file in one of these leftover folders was interfering, because after I wiped those files and did a reinstall to 1.08, it worked alright.  I still have a couple more mods to try, but the ones that I thought were causing the problem turned out to be alright.  I'll report back here if the other addons cause problems though.

Thanks for the help, folks.

Good to know your soldiers have rearmed and are joining the fight again biggrin_o.gif

Well I've had the same error when trying to install the patch, Sprocket English version. Happened on both pc's, on fresh install.

I tried selecting different versions but it kept happening, so I used Maruk's quick workaround, ignoring the error, and the patch finally installed.

Just wondering if there will be a hotfix or something, to fix the campaign not being updated for those who had to use this workaround like me?

Cheers

Hello there,

if anyone with sprocket version is experiencing this problem and does not like "Ignore-solution" please write at support and we will generate a link for you with AA 1.08 (2.7 GB) where is not a problem with patching,

regards,

Lynx,

IDEA games

Support Manager