Sign in to follow this  
EricM

MI 24 : Who wants it ?

Quote[/b] ]very nice model, good work, but i say, why MI-24 again??? Why not MI-28huh.gif Or plain for SLA??? We nead more models: MiG-21 ;23 ;29 ;35, SU-25 ;27 ;30... And this only OPFOR...

Short story : I started that a long time ago, when there wasn't a MI24 in game, plus it looks cool.

At last, I consider Arma mainly as an infantry simulator hence, the only vehicles that make sense are ground support or transport vehicles, and the Hind does both.

PS : the whole point of this thread is for me NOT to do the config work. So I can't promise anything.

Bye

Eric, your Hind looks excellent and very well thought out. It's set of LODs looks superb. I wonder why Marijus chose to comment in this thread when he could have made equally useless comments elsewhere. I hope you continue work to release this addon if it's a priority of yours. The work you've done so far looks great.

plaintiff1, see, i say!!!:

"EricM, very nice model, good work

But we wait for this HIND notworthy.gif

And plz. change config: RHS Hind pushover in batle with BIS Cobra... In real life his can shoot enemy with missile...

yay.gifnotworthy.gif"

And say again, I wait for this, and my respect...

plaintiff1, see, i say!!!:

"EricM, very nice model, good work

But we wait for this HIND notworthy.gif

And plz. change config: RHS Hind pushover in batle with BIS Cobra... In real life his can shoot enemy with missile...

yay.gifnotworthy.gif"

And say again, I wait for this, and my respect...

That is a very small proportion of what you said, and the rest of what you said is garbage.

No one said his comment was negative untill you came around the corner. Eric just commented on Marijus in a respectfull way, so there is no reason to trow more dirt in the face of marijus after your first comment towards him.

If you read the whole topic from the start you would also have noticed that the Hind would probably never get completed.

Quote[/b] ]Now it's lying on my hard drive and I'm so fed up with it that it will probably never be completed.

goodnight.gif

i saw RKSL offered to help.. and that means nothing but the owner is gona stop this geting in the air wink_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif they knows helo's

sexy model and textures notworthy.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
i saw RKSL offered to help.. and that means nothing but the owner is gona stop this geting in the air  wink_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif they knows helo's

sexy model and textures  notworthy.gif

Its ingame and flying already tounge2.gif

Awesome! Any idea on a release date or will it now be part of an addon pack release?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Guest RKSL-Rock
Awesome!  Any idea on a release date or will it now be part of an addon pack release?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Aw cmon you knwo the answer to that!

All together now...

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>"When its done!"</span>

smile_o.gif

Seriously, although the model is already done there are still a lot of things left to do:

- Some issues with the textures.

- Some parts of the model need to be tweaked to support custom features

- Damage textures need doing.

- Cockpit instrumentation

- Cargo doors etc.

It’s not a 5 minute job and if I did just whack it in game you lot would crucify me.   I will shoot a quick video later though.  If I get everything sorted it should be live tonight.

Rocko...Hint hint...

What happens with the other stuff your working on??

As i remember, some time ago you "promised" an news

update.. wink_o.gif

Im soo thrilled with my new performance on my rig (with the

VISTA SP1 and NV174.84 Drivers working its ass of rofl.gif )

Im walking back and forward checken your site EVERY SINGLE

day to see if theres any news...

Hope it will be compatible with the ACE mod when that

arrives...LOL, its gonna be soooooo much fun...

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rocko...Hint hint...

update.. wink_o.gif

Life kinda got in the way...Im still writing the new website and waiting for the results of some MP testing before we post anything else.

notworthy.gif

i see its got a flight model

retractable gear , proxies , some weapons and your done

KISS

KeepItSimpleStupid ( not that your stupid rofl.gif )

help.gif

Rocko...Hint hint...

update.. wink_o.gif

Life kinda got in the way...Im still writing the new website and waiting for the results of some MP testing before we post anything else.

I know exactly what your talking about...

"Daddy, please we´r hungry. Can you please stop playing"

LOL

Or:

"Daddy, you promised. I want to play football NOW!!!"...

Please give it dynamic arming... that bird deserves it

That would be great to see, especially on this bird..the first OPFOR dynamic armable aircraft and see aircraft getting one step higher.

The only problem is dynamic arming isn't something you can do in one two and snap your fingers...then again it depends on how 'dynamic' you want the arming and how many variants of weaponry.

Still I'd love to see Arma Aircraft becomming more fluidly useable on the go.

I like how the mass and config were written by the way, not the most maneuverable by far but the fastest..nice and realistic.

Goddamn, some higher power is preventing me from downloading this. I'm currently on attempt 5 or 6 of getting the rar.

With RKSL, I bet this will become a great piece of work.  Quality

work is always better than rushed work.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Please give it dynamic arming... that bird deserves it

That would be great to see, especially on this bird..the first OPFOR dynamic armable aircraft and see aircraft getting one step higher.

The only problem is dynamic arming isn't something you can do in one two and snap your fingers...then again it depends on how 'dynamic' you want the arming and how many variants of weaponry.

Still I'd love to see Arma Aircraft becomming more fluidly useable on the go. .

I’m not going to attempt dynamic arming in the first edition. Its just too much work for me to take on right now. I am going to add:

- Retracting Gear with working dampers

- Working cockpit instruments – decent practical instruments.

- Adjusted Armour Values – no more getting sniped out of the cockpit.

- Desert Camo Skin on both gun versions

- European Camo Skin on both gun versions

- Improved Flight Model – as seen in the vid.

I like how the mass and config were written by the way, not the most maneuverable by far but the fastest..nice and realistic.

It’s a state secret…I could tell you but…well you know.

@ Mechastalin - You've got a PM.

Sounds like a good base to start from RKSL, I'm not sure what GranQ has in mind but I mainly want to expand it into a few variants, like an Afghanistan field mod and modern Mi-24P with fixed gear etc.

all glory to the hind and the people who are working to bring it into arma. notworthy.gif

Hi Guys

Really liking how fast this is coming together, and how the community is banding together to help out EricM and getting this bird in the air.

One small request: Would it be possible to add an Angolan version to the release as well please? It consists of the basic brown and sand camo scheme with the danger sign reading "Perigo" instead of "Onacho".

HindPilot.jpg

HindCamo.jpg

This will be greatly appreciated and good luck with your progress  wink_o.gif

(Ps. I can send a weatherized roundel to whomever needs it to save time.)

Guest RKSL-Rock

One small request: Would it be possible to add an Angolan version to the release as well please? It consists of the basic brown and sand camo scheme with the danger sign reading "Perigo" instead of "Onacho".

…

(Ps. I can send a weatherized roundel to whomever needs it to save time.)

I’m not going to make lots of different version.  I’m only going to make 4 versions.

- Generic Green Camo Turret Gun

- Generic Green Camo Fixed Gun

- Generic Desert Camo Turret Gun

- Generic Desert Camo Fixed Gun

BUT, before you all cry foul.  As per the wishes of EricM the addon will be released into the public domain under the same licence as BIS has used on its MLODs. This is the “Open License†as discussed here: MLOD of all vehicle and soldier models released!

MLODs and a PSD paint kit will also be released allowing others to ‘make’ their own versions for their own mods providing that they accept the terms and conditions set out by Eric, BIS and RKSL full details of which will be posted on release.

As for roundels, time permitting I will add roundel support.