Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

Bloody hell, you are fast, I only just now instaled 1.3, and now I come to find that you already released 1.31.

Dude, you are the greatest. notworthy.gif

A lot better. One small thing =)

AV8B

-Good volume, but now you can hear the sound looping.

I don't have a lot of time to test, so i'll leave it up to the other guys to give tips =)

I reckon you need the A10/ Harrier Guns, To be alot more bassy ...

Ive heard a A10 Flyby shooting noise, and its Bloody Deep Noise...Reallllly bassy..The crackling of the ground is pretty good, but the main gun needs to be ALOT louder and Bassier

I don't know if its been said allready, but it would be nice if the sound of the KSVK and the M107 had a bit more PUNCH!! at the beguining. Something like that below:

Amazing thing, I couldn't find a video showing the KSVK, extrange. sad_o.gif

I love your work so far any way, and I hope you kip on like that.

Thanks mate.

BTW, some A10 firing vids.

firing from ground

another

Actually, there is lots there for your inspiration.

great soundmod, here are my suggestions:

* engine sounds (humwee, truck etc needs to be a little louder)

* breathing sound is missing when running or aiming, holding breath

* no gear noise when running

other then that, its awesome so far!

Quote[/b] ]* breathing sound is missing when running or aiming, holding breath

I have the latest version and I have the breathing sounds working fine.

I do agree about the gear noise when running, I used to love that in OFP ( can't remember the mod)

Quote[/b] ]* breathing sound is missing when running or aiming, holding breath

I have the latest version and I have the breathing sounds working fine.

I do agree about the gear noise when running, I used to love that in OFP ( can't remember the mod)

If you want temporary movement sounds try rg7261's TrueMods pack. There's a movement sounds .pbo in it. If you don't care for the other functions/.pbo's the Mod includes you can remove those files. The movement sounds .pbo isn't dependent on the others.

If you use the Mod already, disregard this post.

@Mark VIII,

This sound mod just keeps getting better. Keep it up. Other than the lack of movement sounds, I'm completely satisfied.

Thanks!

Out of all the configs/sound mods I have seen and tested over the last few months, this one gives the best simulation of a battle enviroment so far.

One tip I would like to give is try and make the distant SuperSonicCrack for bullets sound towards something like a "muffled fire-cracker" or "multiple muffled fire-crackers" going off...

Cheers

Jocko

Hi!

I bring some good news, a fellow member of the bis forums has created a fantastic little promotional video for HiFi FX 1.3.1, his name is Supershooter (aka mr.Sarkey) I don't know if you guys have seen his work but its absolute quality! anyway enough blab, heres the real deal !

Youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efdL1UNwXos

File front (high res version)

http://hosted.filefront.com/supershooter/

If you like the video Supershooter made for HiFi FX 1.3.1 you should check this out, this guy has talent, its a masterpiece!

Viva la Revolucion

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted....url=237

(you have to register here to view, but believe me its worth it !wink_o.gif)

Ok well, I finally have a great video ! (YaY me!!!wink_o.gif) I'm so happy with it, I really can't thank Supershooter enough for his time & skills...Thankyou mate wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Mark XIII

@ Manzilla. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that and I'll certanlly chek it out ASAP.

Thank you for this very nice sound mod !

The atmosphere is right, as far as I am concerned. I didn't have time to test everything, but on a small mission on Schmalfeden, the firefights were sounding nice.

Vehicle sounds seemed correct, as I increased the bass on my own HiFi wink_o.gif Now tanks rumble in the streets ! Aircraft and jets sounds are really hard to simulate in a game, but I'd really like to hear some more rumble in them too, instead of the classic hoover sound.

The sonic cracks lack some punch, too. Otherwise, I love it !

Malick

Evening guys.

Thanks again for your posts guys, all I see is great comments & detailed requests which is fantastic, so please keep em coming!

Ok, figured I'd try and answer afew peoples posts so here goes...

I fully intend to alter the 'gear' and footstep sounds at a later date, I've had afew idea's about how to bring something new to these sounds. So watch for updates!

As regards to the M107 & KSVK sounds, I'm gonna tweak em alittle (add punch as suggested)). Now, the A10 GAU sound is causing me some issues at the moment, so it shall be left for a little while till I can figure out whats going on with it..When I do get round to sorting out I'll use the clips Juan sent me (Thanks for the clips mate!wink_o.gif) as inspiration.

Ok, now onto some other stuff...Malick, you mentioned the 'rumble of jets & tanks', are you using 1.3.1? The reason I ask is I shared the same feelings as you and went in and added some low end rumble to the all the jets and some of the choppers. Or maybe theres not enough 'room shaking' for you wink_o.gif and you require more? Its cool to do, just let me know.

Jocko Flocko - Thanks mate, I'm gonna look into some recordings of sonic cracks and maybe try and get the sounds your talking about. Editing sounds that are in essence 'immersive' are always tricky to do...you either get them all perfect or don't bother...same as the explosion sounds, you only need one real minger to lose all consistency, and thus lose the feeling of 'being there'. This is why I haven't played with them too much..if you load them in winamp and play them in sequence, they sound 'related' if you see what I mean...and thats what I wanted, same with the gun sounds. I'd like to think that I managed the same with the small arms ie; the AK 74 and AK 74u sound similar but different...I'm not sure I'm explaining this correctly and I'm babbling on again!

Please, be rest assured, I am taking all your comments requests into consideration for the next version, just because I haven't mentioned them doesn't mean I haven't read them wink_o.gif

ok dudes, thats about all the info I have (or can share...) at the moment, so I hope your enjoying 1.3.1 and guys, don't forget to check the promo video^

Best Regards

Mark XIII

I don't know if its been said allready, but it would be nice if the sound of the KSVK and the M107 had a bit more PUNCH!! at the beguining. Something like that below:

Thanks mate.

firing from ground

another

Amazing vids... this one is also very impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eD_Lo61rAw&feature=related

And regarding engine-sounds, the A10 has the greatest engine sound when she passes by...

and (around the end)

Thanks mate.

firing from ground

another

Amazing vids... this one is also very impressive:

And regarding engine-sounds, the A10 has the greatest engine sound when she passes by...

and (around the end)

really nice videos, i like this one too smile_o.gif

Tried the new version, I really dislike the artillery sound, it sounds really low quality. Tough to explain but it just sounds like a sound a computer might generate... I don't think it sounded like this in the other version?

Also, those sonic cracks sound really weird now. Last version's was not perfect but now it's worse imo. The guy above me posted that vid of sonic cracks at the beginning, that's what it should sound like in my humble opinion...

On the other hand, the SPR and Dragunov rifles sound awesome! don't ever change em. smile_o.gif

Jet sounds are best I've heard for Arma but still don't really sound like a jet flying past. Most of the time the sound starts too early and when the jet passes the sound doesn't intensify... I suspect it's an Arma limitation or somebody would have nailed that sound already...

Did a quick search on youtube and this illustrates what I mean:

Hope this helps in some way, keep up the good work m8

Attack of the emperors new clothes...

Quote[/b] ]I really dislike the artillery sound, it sounds really low quality. Tough to explain but it just sounds like a sound a computer might generate... I don't think it sounded like this in the other version?
Quote[/b] ]Also, those sonic cracks sound really weird now. Last version's was not perfect but now it's worse imo.

To Answer

Er, I haven't changed the sonic cracks since 1.0 to 1.1 so I really dunno what your hearing mate, no different and no worse imo.. also I haven't changed the arty sound (you failed to mention precisely which sound ie; firing,incoming,explosion)).

Please guys I don't mind changing things if enough requests are made or I incorrectly place a sample, or something like that but don't go telling me things have changed between versions when I KNOW they haven't. I don't need to waste ten minutes messing about checking then... So in future read the readme's & check more than the last page of posts here before posting..

Ok..Now then, for a little update, I'm thinking of making 1.4 a final version of sorts, you guys have been with me through all the bugs and pretty much all the temporary sounds I'd added to complete version 1.0. I can't speak for you guys but I think we've done a good job at getting things sounding good whilst also maintaing a good level of immersion. Don't worry this is not the end, I intend to release 1.3.2 for clearing up afew issues across the forums recently. Its the begining of phase 2 that I'm really looking forward to...more on that later!

Regards

Mark XIII

Sorry if I was imagining things. Doesn't change the fact that I don't like them though... As for the arty sound, i meant the explosion sounds...

I don't mind the sonic cracks as they are now, but I just noticed a good example on this video posted by mr.g-c

Have a look at about 1:03 minutes from start they get 3 incoming rounds from oposite and one of the soldiers ask "Where is that coming from?"

I think that that's a good example of sonic crack.

Laterz.

I've seen it mate, very good clip, in fact thanks alot all of you!

You've posted some really cool stuff for me to check out, which I have been doing, you'll be please to know, that most of these clips I'll be using in one way or another...

Regards

Mark XIII

I'm glad I'm of some use, my missus recons tham I'm a useless b######.

Hello guys

Thought I'd drop you alittle update as to my progress on some of the suggestions you've been making;

Sonic cracks will be reworked ALOT, I have 3 sounds at the moment I LOVE but the rest seem to fit in 'ok'. thats gonna change, since we've been doing this addon lots of great people have been giving me some pretty stand up sources for sound, on top of that a newly made friend -Kilo88 (working on the Project 85 team)) has gave me some great tips on getting better quality sound from video links...My hats off to all of ya!

Armed with this knowledge I shall do my best to get some of the sounds I just can't emulate through straight processing, ie; miniguns, gau 12 & maybe some vehical sounds (you guys did post some nice a10 clips notworthy.gif )). So hopefully the next release should be a worthy download for you guys..

Well, I'm not sure what else to say, I'm gonna start messing with the configs when I get afew hours spare to test as I'm hoping to get some equipment noise in and my take on...footsteps...

Ah brilliant! Can't wait for the next version, and also for the footsteps and movement of equipment.

Keep in mind it should be hearable but not too loud or it'll get annoying/distracting.

Yours,