Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

Hifi Sound FX V1.00 Released

Heya guys,

Thanks for all the comments of late, you've all been really helpful and supportive..It is appreciated!

I've been doing some playtesting and have found a few things within the config I need to work before I can release it... I'd love to give you a decisive answer, but for now I'll say this..just keep checking back here daily.. sad_o.gif

At the moment the problem I have is finding the orginal BIS equipment sound config (ie; the lines of code that contain the paths to the equipment sounds.)). Did that make sense to anyone..Well, theres lots of pbo's to go through, and unrapping config.bin files and stuff, so (edit)....if any of you guys can aid me in finding said lines of code, well just lets say it will be released pretty much the same day/night I/You find it.. whistle.gif

Hope that was helpful, remember if you have any requests, you'd wanna be squeezing the in soon, else they won't make this update..

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Heya guys,

Thanks for all the comments of late, you've all been really helpful and supportive..It is appreciated!

I've been doing some playtesting and have found a few things within the config I need to work before I can release it... I'd love to give you a decisive answer, but for now I'll say this..just keep checking back here daily.. sad_o.gif

At the moment the problem I have is finding the orginal BIS equipment sound config (ie; the lines of code that contain the paths to the equipment sounds.)). Did that make sense to anyone..Well, theres lots of pbo's to go through, and unrapping config.bin files and stuff, so (edit)....if any of you guys can aid me in finding said lines of code, well just lets say it will be released pretty much the same day/night I/You find it.. whistle.gif

Hope that was helpful, remember if you have any requests, you'd wanna be squeezing the in soon, else they won't make this update..

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Did you check the TrueMods AddOns? It has equipment sounds .pbo in it. Maybe that .pbo could provide you with some insight. That's all I can offer. wink_o.gif

Little update ^^

Had a quick looksee like suggested, shame they have no entries for equipment sounds. (maybe they added them a different way)

Still, I think I managed to figure it out, I'm slow, but I get there in the end....So.. I'm knackered right now and that doesn't work well with configs and me, so I shall have a good poke around and see if we can get things rolling again...Tomorrow after work:ff:

Take care and Night night...

nener.gif

Regards

Mark XIII

Hi, i have played a bit around with some real-life captures of MG sounds, and here is my PK-Sound (absolute authentic).

If you or anyone wants to have it - let me know it (already in .wss)

Video PK(M)

mr.g-c

Quote[/b] ]

Hi, i have played a bit around with some real-life captures of MG sounds, and here is my PK-Sound (absolute authentic).If you or anyone wants to have it - let me know it (already in .wss)

still any more?

I shall take away all))

@mr.g-c

listen to the sound, thats reallistc, urs have to much "bass" in it and to much reverb/hall.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=LkSehtrsm9o&feature=related

Please don't say mine is not realistic icon_rolleyes.gif

It is captured from a high-quality movie where a the owner shot this MG in a WIDE OPEN FIELD surrounded by Forrests.

That is just one of the reasons why it sound different than in your absolute low-qualy Youtube-Vid.

Nother Reasosn are the Hardware for capturing, the angle to the gunner and so on.

@ All yes i have some real AK47 and M4/M16 Sounds.

Though the AK47 is not usable as in Arma we simply don't have this Wepaon crazy_o.gif

Ill do a video as soon as possible

Regards, Christian

This sound mod? Yep. I've run both ECS and SLX with this without any issues. smile_o.gif

Hi,

Ok, thankyou all for posting, glad to see that some of you have noted that I'm considering working on other addons aside from my own. Well, I didn't hang about, I'm working on someones weapon pack sounds right now but I must remain hush hush about till its done and dusted...

Thankyou for posting your youtube finds and posting sounds (allthough I don't think I'll be changing the firearms samples from here on in)...I like em now, and so it seems do the majority of you guys, which is good. On the other hand, I'll still be working on most other sounds still (Vehicals, Explosions and such), so if you have anything you'd like to send, then please do...but no pk,ak,m4 etc, no disrespect but some of the stuff I've seen recently just couldn't be put into the game for audio quality reasons, it still works as reference listening but if I've created a sound, built up the sound up over 4 versions, its safe to say I've 'referenced' it to death.  

I guess an update is in order, I've not been looking forward to this part, because its bad news...Until I've got the 'equipment sounds' config done, there shall be no update..if anyone out there can find a mention of any equipment sounds in any of the bis config files...You'll be the 1st to get 1.4 complete, an if you live locally I'll get the drinks in...

Thats pretty much it for now, I just keep popping back to the config to try new things occasionally, nothing works but I do try.....

Regards

Mark XIII

By "equipment sounds," what do you mean exactly? Could you give an example of what kinds of sounds you are referring to? I'll gladly scan through the config once I have a reference to work off of.

- dRb

Hey guys,

Sorry for not thinking to post much info about the config problems I'm having..I shall try to explain some, and give you some examples...

Ok, the footsteps & equipment sounds are inside the Bis Character.pbo, along with a config file...now, I opened up the pbo, extracted the sounds (in wss format) and unrapped the config file. I created/edited all the sounds reconverted them to wss format, then I copy & pasted the entire (or so I thought!wink_o.gif footsteps/equipment code into my own config file, changed the paths to the sounds so it looked like this...

Quote[/b] ]

class SoundEnvironExt {

normalExt[] = {{"\HiFi_sounds\f\sound\normalExt\run1", db-65, 1}, {"\HiFi_sounds\f\sound\normalExt\run2", db-65, 1}, {"\HiFi_sounds\f\sound\normalExt\run3", db-65, 1},

Right, to a degree this worked really well, I pbo'd the new hifi config and pbo'd the new hifi sounds folder, tried it, and it seemed to work fine all the footsteps sounded great..but a friend of mine noticed that, when you roll whilst prone you can't hear any sounds..So this made me go looking for answers, this is when I discovered that the equipment sounds are fine, its just not calling for them within the config...file name examples as follows

noise1.wss (1-10)

noise_equi1.wss (1-8)

noise_weapon1.wss (1-18)

(36 sounds in total)

so, I went looking for a mention of these sounds in my new hifi config...and to my supprise they don't exist..(i honestly thought I'd copied copied all the necesary config code directly from the bis character.pbo. I decided to double check bis version, and to my absolute shock, I could find no mention of the equipment sounds at all...As you guys can imagine I was at lose as to what to do so I left it alittle to think about it.

The only thing I could think of was that these equipment sounds must be called from another config file...So I started opening up all the bis pbo's searching for any reference of said sounds...so far I've had no luck at all..

Well, thats kinda as far as I've got with it, its really been doing my head in, because to me it would really round my addon off nicely..especially after editing all those footstep sounds by hand....all 1022 of em!

Hope that helps you guys understand where I'm at and hopefully maybe some of the more config savvy among you can help me get 1.4 released.

Thankyou all once again for your continued help & support it is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards

Mark XIII

may be you necessary look into fdf sound config

There in SoundEnvironExt are specified sound that as "run" "crawl" "sprint" etc.....

And then anims_section with anims_list which does not get these sounds....

or somethin like this..... don't remember correctly...

sorry my engliz)

While I am uncertain if you will receive a reply, you could consider sending a PM to Suma or Placebo and they may be able to supply you with an answer. I will continue to look for mention of those sounds in other config files.

- dRb

I've been looking for ages and same thing here. I'm wondering if anyone here is using XAM at all? Reason I ask is I can't be certain but I think they had sounds for when you rolled. But don't quote me on that, it's been a good while since I've used it so I don't recall very well. If anyone here could confirm it did at some point, maybe try contacting them for more info?

Sorry man, I'll keep looking. sad_o.gif

Hi

I figured there would be no need for the equipment samples if they are not being called on by the config or (sounding ingame) so I took them out and re-pbo'd the sounds folder.

Interestingly enough, I went to boot up the game and it came up with config line errors....wouldn't load..I put the sounds back in and it worked again, but no sounds in game..how messed up is that !

Regards

Mark XIII

Hi

I figured there would be no need for the equipment samples if they are not being called on by the config or (sounding ingame) so I took them out and re-pbo'd the sounds folder.

Interestingly enough, I went to boot up the game and it came up with config line errors....wouldn't load..I put the sounds back in and it worked again, but no sounds in game..how messed up is that !

Regards

Mark XIII

The only place where I have seen any mention of sound entries pertaining to roll animations and the like is the config file for anims.pbo. Here is an example entry...

Quote[/b] ]class AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPpneMevaSlowWrflDl: AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon

{

file = "\ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\Sdr\mov\pne\stp\ras\rfl\AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPpneMevaSlowWrflDl";

speed = 1.100000;

duty = 0.600000;

soundOverride = "roll";

enableOptics = 0;

connectFrom = {"AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon", 0.020000};

connectTo = {"AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon", 0.020000};

interpolateFrom = {};

interpolateTo = {};

};

I shall continue to look,

- dRb

Email coming your way Mark. Woogie woogie! yay.gif

Hello guys

on top of that a newly made friend -Kilo88 (working on the Project 85 team)) has gave me some great tips on getting better quality sound from video links...My hats off to all of ya!

You mentioned that -Kilo88 gave you some tips - care to share the wealth? Thanks for Sony Soundforge 8 pointer, any chance of posting a how-to?

With respect to config for the movement sounds you've been working on, if you want to inherit and modify any classes, shouldn't you reference them in the requiredAddons[] section:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches {

class HiFi_sounds {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {"CAAir", "CAAir3_Su34"};

};

};

so in this instance, add `, "CACharacters"' as show below:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

requiredAddons[] = {"CAAir", "CACharacters", "CAAir3_Su34"};

Note this may be more good coding practice than actually fix the problem you're working on, but it's easy enough to do.

Don't know if you remember, but I sent you a link to my customised version of CSM and I see you're also using the multiple explosion effects config I introduced in it which is cool. There are some errors in your config with regard to the randomisation of sounds (looks like the weighting has been confused with the ambient volume setting), if it helps I can post the relevant sections and corrections when I get time.

With regard to sources, the UK TV series Ross Kemp in Afghanistan (Sky) and Commando (ITV) have some excellent combat footage and both can be downloaded from source. Maybe someone has some better quality captures of those too - I'd saved the Afghanistan stuff on my HD box so I could capture it on the PC, but the bloody thing has gone faulty, arrgh.

Anyway, good work Mark, keep it up!

Finally...

Hi, i have played a bit around with some real-life captures of MG sounds, and here is my PK-Sound (absolute authentic).

If you or anyone wants to have it - let me know it (already in .wss)

Video PK(M)

yeah man, I'd really appreciate it - sounds very realistic, you must have taken some care to get such a good recording.

Any others you have would be cool too.

Hi there,

You guys really have been great...What can I say..other than thanks sooo much for taking the time to offer suggestions and tips on how to get this thing working again, I hope you guys finally get to enjoy 1.4 soon.

Ok ad some questions so I'll do my best to answer them...

Protegimus.

Quote[/b] ]You mentioned that -Kilo88 gave you some tips - care to share the wealth? Thanks for Sony Soundforge 8 pointer, any chance of posting a how-to?

Sure thing mate, I'd planned to produce a tutorial on sound editing once I'd got this addon looking finished. I was going to make a written tutorial but I intend to pick up a new pc soon, so I should be able to make some video tutorials, which are much better imho.. As regards to getting better quality from youtube links, kilo did tell me how to add a line at the end of the web address to increase the bit/sample rate of most videos, but I've missplaced the info, when I speak to him next I'll quiz him and get back to you mate.

Quote[/b] ]With respect to config for the movement sounds you've been working on, if you want to inherit and modify any classes, shouldn't you reference them in the requiredAddons[] section:

hehehe, mate, I have NO clue what I'm doing in the config, all I ever do is copy & paste and hope it works...not the best way I know, but I'm out here on my own, any extra config work has been done by you guys really, coming in and helping me out..like now. So, thanks for that^^ and I'll get to trying it out as soon as I can. (Visiting family today..) so tommorow I'll sit and have a really good look at the suggested fixes you guys have offered me.

Quote[/b] ]There are some errors in your config with regard to the randomisation of sounds (looks like the weighting has been confused with the ambient volume setting), if it helps I can post the relevant sections and corrections when I get time

Seriously, You're a gem mate!, that would be great !

Quote[/b] ]With regard to sources, the UK TV series Ross Kemp in Afghanistan (Sky) and Commando (ITV) have some excellent combat footage and both can be downloaded from source

Thanks again, I've been doing something similar myself, did I mention before that Sony Soundforge allows direct recording from any source on you pc....very handy for extracting any media! Also, I've been working on some 'other' addon related stuff, when I'm done with it, I'll post all my (youtube/movie) reference's, bearing in mind I only keep usable stuff, so you guys should be able to find some good stuff in there for your own sound addons...

Well, there you go, what a bunch of great guys^^

Thanks again people, I'll keep you posted on any progress I make..

Best Regards

Mark XIII notworthy.gif

What ingame sound settings do you guys use with this mod?

EAX and Hardware Acceleration both on?

I have an audigy2 ZS with an 7.1 speaker setup and was just fiddling with it. smile_o.gif

SBP Team supports all the hard work on Hifi FX and uses it on all events.

Heya guys,

Its been awhile, looks like update time to me...

Well as you've probably guessed I've yet to crack this equipment sounds problem, despite lots of help I'm a dumbass with configs, So, I figured F**k it, I'll get to work on what I work best on..SOUNDS

..and so most of the work is done, I'm finally happy with ALL the things that go 'BOOM' within HiFi FX so I'll be releasing it REGARDLESS of the lack of sound whilst rolling....why...because I've put alot of work into this over a very short period of time and you guys (who have been fantastic support throughout) deserve this, and for the sake of a few missing sounds (I never use the roll myself) this is my best works to date....With all the media footage you guys have supplied me with, I've managed to give the weapons a final lick of paint...and as a way of saying thanks to all those people who have supported this from the begining, I shall be releasing 1.4 this weekend coming..

hook or by crook this is a promise

Best Regards

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

...he's not kidding, guys. Mark is the jebus of sound. I've never heard anything like it before in any game.

Glad to hear you're officially releasing it, mate!