Sign in to follow this  
Stryder

The most important features ARMA 2 needs to have

You're right, KaiserPanda, so the ironsight has a zoom, but just the one, why do we have to go to ironsights, and then "zoom in", (especially that when you do it lags) and it still doesn't make them realistic. They are better in OFP & the zoom is probably even greater.

As for the acuracy, NO, never seen anything so bad in my life. I even the other day was shooting at a soldier with the M24 who was laying down 150 meters from me and shot at him 24 TIMES without hitting him. I was so disguted I alt-tabbed out of the game!

And the slow motion bulltes that hit 6 to 10 feet behind a running target, YOU CAN THROW A STONE FASTER THAN THAT!

I am 49 yrs old and have shot many types of military rifle throughout my life. I went shooting with a M4A1 just 2 yrs ago in Italy, believe me, the ironsights in OFP are much more realistic!

As for the acuracy, NO, never seen anything so bad in my life. I even the other day was shooting at a soldier with the M24 who was laying down 150 meters from me and shot at him 24 TIMES without hitting him. I was so disguted I alt-tabbed out of the game!

I am 49 yrs old

You are just getting old. wink_o.gif

It is but the gay feeling is immense.

I know the Dog is in the game but can it be used to assist patrol soldiers like in Call of Duty 4? and I know its a completely different type of game.

A bit insecure with your sexuality?

I doubt we'll see guide dogs, COD4 was heavily scripted as for soldiers yes you'll see female soldiers in reality but not all that common because many military's have several practices against such in most cases.

One being that a male soldier will waste his life trying to save a female soldier, if he's doing it simply because she's female then let him be I say.

Aaand of course we have the crowd crying about shooting women...looking at it from a gender solution rather then enemy in uniform+gun= you or them, kill or be killed.

The problem is your aiming. I can easily hit a target at that distance with any scoped weapon.

Certain pirated versions of the game affect things like aiming and enemy AI accuracy though.

So that's another possibility whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]You're right, KaiserPanda, so the ironsight has a zoom, but just the one, why do we have to go to ironsights, and then "zoom in", (especially that when you do it lags) and it still doesn't make them realistic. They are better in OFP & the zoom is probably even greater.

You don't have to go to ironsights first to zoom. The latest patch for the game also made the FOV with and without ironsights consistent.

And another just joined member exhausts himself slagging off ArmA.

Buy a new PC and you'll get no zoom lag. Buy the game rather than a pirate version and you'll be able to shoot straight. Learn to fly properly and you won't miss the OFP flying on rails experience.

Foir the A..holes

Game was bought, proof of purchase, for BI personel if requested,

PC dual core 3.2 ghz, gefore 8800 GT bla bla bla, no proplem there

Stop trying to look interesting, instead of St.p.d

A..holes like you & jerks (who bear their names well) should limit to comments on the game and NOT other peoples comments.

Don't like what I say, well go f..k yourselves

W@rDog - I suggest you calm down and stick to the forum rules. Your posts are increasingly becoming devoid of english. As for your flamebaiting consider yourself lucky you are not awarded a WL or a PR.

If your specs are as you suggest then the game will run fine, I strongly suggest you seek help on how to optimise your ArmA setup rather than ranting about how poorly the game runs.

hardly fair to call people a-holes because you are having issues with aiming...

compared to the random bullet spread in other FP shooters arma is a ballistic dream (LoL CSS.. BF2.. COD4) . IMHO the 3d irons we get are infinitely better than OFPs 2d sprites.

My only issue is the SPRs odd habit of not registering hits.. and passing through targets at ranges over 500m (although that might be just me). Only seems to happen with that rifle though. With a bit of practice the M24 is effective out to 800m for me. Though theres bound to be much better shots out there who can do alot better.

to Rhodite & sandzibar,

To people like you I would gladly give excuses. As to my latest comments, I don't mind people stating "I agree/disagree with you" and stating why?

Lately the comments are not so but direct attacks on me, computer, whatever. I doubt that abides by forum rules. If they permit that, than they have to put up with the latter also.

If THOSE A..holes cannot behave like adults, I will treat them as they should.

I am a very good shooter in life and in games. There IS a aiming issue in ARMA. Whether some want to admit or not.

Again, if people want to comment on my comments I don't mind, but keep REMARKS to yourselves.

I do issue apologies to those who have to put up with this BS, but not to the PUNKS they were directed at. At least not before they excuse their childish behavior.

Calm down, I dont think they were offensive that much.

The accuracy is fine, one just has to find out ArmA behaviour. For example, the hold breath thing is nice, but it seems that the longer you hold it, the higher dispersion bullet gets, even if youre aiming directly on the target with a zeroed scope. So if you aim, click to hold breath and shoot 1 second later, the bullet should fly right on the place youre aiming at. If you shoot 5 seconds later, you most likely wont hit the target. (dont think youll notice this on such a short range but when you try to hit a target 1000m far with a M107, its an issue)

Another reason why you had problems to hit the enemy might be zeroing of the M24. Im really not sure now, but to a certain distance you have to aim even below the enemy to hit it.

Also, did you count with the bullet drop? I guess you did, but one never knows.

I am a very good shooter in life and in games. There IS a aiming issue in ARMA. Whether some want to admit or not.

Again, if people want to comment on my comments I don't mind, but keep REMARKS to yourselves.

Maybe you're over reacting a bit huh.gif

Anyway, being unable to hit a target at 150m with an M24 sounds odd to me. I've found it effective at longer ranges than that.

Quote[/b] ]

And the slow motion bulltes that hit 6 to 10 feet behind a running target, YOU CAN THROW A STONE FASTER THAN THAT!

I wonder, are your comments based in 1.14 of ArmA or earlier versions? Ballistics have been changed in patches. In 1.14 the muzzle velocities of the bullets seems about correct. About 900 metres per second for rifle bullets if you check their configs.

lol W@rdog. Your 4 1/2 years old maybe. 49 and using that language? rofl.gif

I can hit running men too and far away soldiers without any problem. You have to practise in ArmA as it isnt BF2 "hit-what-you-aim-for" style. Try use NWD Ballistics mod wich is making the ballistics closer to reality of the most normal weapons like M4/M16 etc etc. Dont bash the game just cause you suck mate. wink_o.gif not cool.

And yeah ill buy ArmA2 because the obvious - best damn entertainment and community on the planet - basta.

Regards

Alex

to Maddmat,

To see if it was me, I just made myself a simple test, went to mission editor, placed myself on a hill with M24, placed enemy (on dirt covered area to easily see where dirts kisks up)

and have him run across my path in front of me, I aim directly at him (not taking into account inertia) and see how far the bullet hits behind him.

Well the result was 6-7 ft. So if bullet speeds are correct, they run as fast as formula 1's.

A shame but FACT, CASE CLOSED!

I am up to date in all patches. I rather avoid mods, but use some, and if mod makers DO fix some matters it is still no a reason for the game developers to ignore KNOWN issues.

to Alex[Dev]72

Take lessons in comprehensive reading.

Again, I will ask everyone to keep the stupid remarks to themselves. Either you can respond intelligently as Maddmat, KaiserPanda & others do, or, you know the rest!

I'll buy Arma 2 because the Community is just so much more friendly and mature than any other games...

wink_o.gif

oops sorry, wrong thread... silly me

Well the result was 6-7 ft. So if bullet speeds are correct, they run as fast as formula 1's.

Missing a vital stat to verify your findings there W@rDog, distance to target.(not that I don't believe, I just hate to assume)

At any rate i do think that BIS have left thier ballistics fudged a little bit for thier own idea of game balance. And yes there are rare moments of frustration when your target obscures the dust kick from the landing round (but even thats ballisticly possible). But I've never felt any real incapacity to hit targets.

Have you tried using NWD's Realistic Ballistics addon? Many swear by it. Though I think 1.14 maybe on par, its the level of ballistics I hope will be standard in Arma2.

Quote[/b] ]

I wonder, are your comments based in 1.14 of ArmA or earlier versions? Ballistics have been changed in patches. In 1.14 the muzzle velocities of the bullets seems about correct. About 900 metres per second for rifle bullets if you check their configs.

Actually the sollution is simple:

The dust cloud in ArmA rises with DELAY.

The cloud starts as a point and grows (for some reason SLOWLY), so there is a delay before you actually spot it.

It looks better that way, but is not realistic.

Someone could fix that in effect mod but it's really not that urgent IMO...

I hope this clearifies stuff.

And in the future - just script yourself a tool and measure the velocity/flight time.

To berserker,

200 meters, rahamdi, highest hill opposite airfield soldire running parralel to airfield, in front of hangar type building.

Third person to mention NWD's mod, will look into it.

To Berserke,

No, you actually see the bullet impact.

To everyone else, I will no longer respond to any statements, and this should have been my first reply! The last 2 pages of the forum have been opinions on my comments, And in some cases smart remarks. To set this straight.

This topic is for what players consider important features for ARMA N° 2, NOT COMMENTS on ARMA 1.

My opinions are "MY", "ME", "MINE", and do not care about your opinions on "MINE"!

I have read comments of what others would like to see and not commented on them even if I thouht they were totally riduclous, "BECAUSE" it is "THEIR" opinion and respect that. So respect my opinions.

My opinions on the game and what I encounter have nothing to do with anyone else here. BI members will take into account what THEY consider "Valid".

My request/opinions are my own and ONLY BI members have to right to tell me "if, why, what, maybe, you're wrong" or anything else.

IF some of you cannot, read like adults, ADD YOUR features of what you would like to see, and NOT to try and persuad your "POINT OF VIEW" oe "COMMENTS" as to others.

I excuse myself, for having brought this on. But - this is where you state what YOU would like to see. This is where I stated what I would like, whether anyone agrees with me or not.

Again I excuse myself to all who had to bear with people's opinion on my opnion.

W@rDog

Your recent posts have been less than calm and you are correct you should not of responded to some of the comments or statements and your liberal use of suggestive albeit edit cuss words simply shows a lack of elequence on your behalf. If you feel someone has posted in a manner offensive you are to speak to the moderator team not fight a pointless battle here.

I think a 48HR PR is suitable here.

This is a discussion forum, everyone is entitled to his or her opinions, you have voiced yours very clearly, kindly do not trample on those who disagree with you. In short keep your posts civil and respectfull and we will all get along fine.

@ Sep. 12 2008,17:04)]Actually the sollution is simple:

The dust cloud in ArmA rises with DELAY.

The cloud starts as a point and grows (for some reason SLOWLY), so there is a delay before you actually spot it.

It looks better that way, but is not realistic.

Someone could fix that in effect mod but it's really not that urgent IMO...

Thanks Panda[PL] that explains a lot.

Given the obsessive nature of Armaphiles for realism I hope its something they fix for Arma2

Didn't bother to read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned before... But:

The possibility via scripting to add and remove rounds from magazines. Much of the added fancy functionality we have today via scripting has to be turned off since you can't avoid "cheating" -- adding back magazines always adds full clips.

A lot of new functionality (halo, weapon upgrades, custom respawn etc) will have much better functionality if read and write magazines were properly implemented.

The possibility via scripting to add and remove rounds from magazines. Much of the added fancy functionality we have today via scripting has to be turned off since you can't avoid "cheating" -- adding back magazines always adds full clips.

A lot of new functionality (halo, weapon upgrades, custom respawn etc) will have much better functionality if read and write magazines were properly implemented.

Agreed. I can think of some good uses for that smile_o.gif

Official multiplayer pvp maps with no AI biggrin_o.gif like CS, CoD4 and World in Conflict have. So that the game will be competitive.

ANIMATIONS wink_o.gif

I would like to see more and more stances, animations.

Less and less bugs, missing files...

Bigger and better feeling created by Realistic Animations.

How about ragdoll?

I think that dying animations are too limited, when it comes to battle 20 v 20 and for example 15 AI died, about 8 lie the same way. Or soldier blown up by bomb... He is finishing animation in air and then fall on ground like wooden-made.(Personally I was thinking about bombs destroying soldiers, like in SLX mod to OFP)

Also nicely created ragdoll adds many realism to game.