Sign in to follow this  
punderland

Real combat? Check this out!

Humans eat food to gain energy and hence survive. In this game, I suggest that adding the survive system into it. Soldiers eat to fill their stomach. Maybe also need to excret. This is the real combat. Actually it may not be needed in a short length operation but it will increase the realism in a long length operation.

Let's not...

If you'd like to be able to take a dump in the field then by all means join the army, but i dont think anyone is waiting to do this in any game.

People play it for realistic combat (at least i do), now some more depth in the soldiers would be fine but having to take a dump as a gameplay action is rather, how shall i put this.. not fun.

Then again, how would you want to implement it? A meter that fills up? What if it fills up during a combat action? Do you want yourself to have to take a dump in that moment, or do you just want to giggle at a soldier who crapped his pants and runs funny for the rest of the mission? huh.gif

I think its a good idea. Lets not have dynamic destruction or something silly like that. I want to be able to grab a pizza and then take a dump in the forest.

I want to be able to grab a pizza and then take a dump in the forest.

Think of the poor little rabbids will ya? mad_o.gif .

To add this feature to game, developers only can disable pause and saving smile_o.gif (and wait when players passion came)

=> in multi player there already is this feature.

But if the game will be developed as war simulation (not as combat simulation like every other war games), there must be implemented food system, because in real war this is one of the main tactical articles to feed the army I think.

!But community is creative and anybody will take care of it if BI will not.

How about diarrhea and "the runs"?

You guys forget that someone made a urination script for OFP:R.

Personally, I think the need to get food to the soldiers would make for mission opportunities.

There are many daily chores that need to be performed just to keep an Army alive out in the field. Soldiers performing those chores are often distracted from hidden opposing forces who are watching them, mapping their perimeter, etc.

I've never played a mission long enough for these things to happen. You just do the combat and then it fast forwards to more combat related things. I wouldn't mind seeing food related missions where if you don't capture a town or convoy you lose men to starvation and fatigue faster though.

Could we not implement a morale system instead.

Ok let me explain.

In order to sustain in Army, supply lines must be maintained, for fuel, food, water, munitions. If that supply line is Cut in any way then morale will decrease and your men will be strained to breaking point therefore affecting their performance etc.

Instead of having to actually consume food, cant it just be for example.

We have suffecient food supplies > Moral is high > Effective fighting force.

Thats morale smile_o.gif

Sorry, Firefox 3.0 Beta, there is no spellcheck support sad_o.gif.

Personally, I think the need to get food to the soldiers would make for mission opportunities.

I agree, however this is not something that needs to be implemented by BIS. You could easily create 'ration packs' as an inventory item and an Init EH or similar for the 'Man' class that loops if a soldier doesn't eat for X amount of time his health/aim precision/whatever is affected. It takes about 5 minutes to make a new inventory item (including icon) and I don't think the script would take much longer.

I am completely opposed to having to take a dump in the woods or mid-firefight on a sidewalk in Chernarus and I have to say it's probably the single dumbest suggestion the ArmA 2 board has seen to date (not a flame). icon_rolleyes.gif

I think it will be fun when it strike you suddenly.

You need to think harder.

i think soldiers should be able to pee/poo their pants when scared. You know a darker area should appear..

....everything is perfect and now its time for peeing your pants for the sake of realism crazy_o.gifnener.gif

Now order your men to stop taking a crap in the woods and attack the enemy. And tell them not to step on their own dump. nener.gif

This reminds me of the time that we moved into an area under cover of darkness. I was placed on a guard point and by the time I came back, everyone was asleep and I didn't know where the Port-a-John had been set up.

I wound up taking a dump onto the shoulder strap of my collapsable canteen. I unclipped the strap and fastened it to my pack using the Alice clips, instead.