Sign in to follow this  
frederf

MK19 and AGS-30 No Recoil Replacement Pack

This is a simple replacement pack that changes the ammunition used in the MK19 and AGS-30 grenade launchers used in vehicles. A common complaint of the default BIS weapons is that they moved several-ton vehicles around with their recoil.

This addon changes the behavior of the default units and weapons. I have tried numerous other tweaks and improvements to weapons and vehicles but I left them out of this mod because I wanted to make something "pure" that everyone should see as a definite improvement without any changes that might not be welcome.

AGS/MK19 No Recoil 1.1

Excellent stuff! Thank you!

Edit: Hm, as discussed here the "laser" tracers still remain. Any ideas how to fix this?

Great addon!

I've always hated that when sitting in a Stryker APC and firing the Mk19 grenade launcher the whole thing would be thrown all over the place. That was simply ridiculous - so thanks for fixing this!

PS: People who want to add 6th sense tracers to these new grenade types (they are now handled as bullets) will need to add these lines:

For the G_30mm_HE

tracerColor[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

tracerColorR[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerColor = "G";

SIX_tracerPer = 1;

SIX_tracerSize = "Small";

SIX_tracerLife = 15.345;

For G_40mm_HE

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerColor = "R";

SIX_tracerPer = 1;

SIX_tracerSize = "Small";

SIX_tracerLife = 15.345;

Or if you don't want any tracers at all simply insert the 2 tracerColor and tracerColorR lines into the addons config.cpp only!

Cheers

Excellent stuff! Thank you!

Edit: Hm, as discussed here the "laser" tracers still remain. Any ideas how to fix this?

Adding

to the ammo config should easily make the tracers non-existent for these bullets.

This should be in the patch and official, the Stryker/HMMWV is totally useless without such a fix..

With the 6thSense tracers, some enterprising soul could actually make these look exactly like the stock grenades. You'd just have to take the grenade model, reorient it, and delete the collision mesh. Then you could add it as an extension to the tracer models, as a special grenade tracer.

I was actually working on something like that a long while ago. I forgot why I had to give up, though. I think it was before the BIS models had been converted, and I didn't want to make my own grenade model.

Aye, the only thing missing then (or now, since I'm happy with the regular small SIX tracers as much as anything else; it's just a game anyhow) would be the fact that as bullets, these grenades tend to skip off the ground an awful lot. If i'm not mistaken, that didn't happen when they were treated as shells. Anybody know of a way around that?

Aye, the only thing missing then (or now, since I'm happy with the regular small SIX tracers as much as anything else; it's just a game anyhow) would be the fact that as bullets, these grenades tend to skip off the ground an awful lot. If i'm not mistaken, that didn't happen when they were treated as shells. Anybody know of a way around that?

There's config called "deflecting" that changes how easily they skip off ground:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAmmo_Config_Reference#deflecting

No deflections? 40mm grenades are known for deflecting instead of detonating pretty often, maybe not as much as in the game stock but quite a bit. But good job about the tracers and SIX_tracers work.

well so what angle should be the deflection at max ?

Great work Frederf, like this alot (- the tracers)!

Sorry for a stupid question but where exactly do I add:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

In the ammo config to get rid of the tracers?

/KC

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches {

class MK19AGS30NoRecoil {

units[] = {};

requiredAddons[] = {"CAData", "CAWeapons"};

};

};

class CfgAmmo {

class G_40mm_HE; // External class reference

class G_40mm_HE_NoRecoil: G_40mm_HE {

simulation = "shotBullet";

};

class G_30mm_HE; // External class reference

class G_30mm_HE_NoRecoil: G_30mm_HE {

simulation = "shotBullet";

};

};

class CfgMagazines {

class VehicleMagazine; // External class reference

class 48Rnd_40mm_MK19: VehicleMagazine {

ammo = "G_40mm_HE_NoRecoil";

};

class 29Rnd_30mm_AGS30: VehicleMagazine {

ammo = "G_30mm_HE_NoRecoil";

};

};

It should be this way (not tested though).

Is it MP compatible?

Assuming all participating players and the server itself has the addon, then yes.

If not, it would give some players an unfair advantage.

hum

so on the config side, is it still a grenade lancher class or is it a machine gun class that act like a grenade lancher?

Hey guys what can i use to edit the .bin file once ive extracted it? i tired notepad like i use for everything else arma, but it doesnt show correctly.

Hey guys what can i use to edit the .bin file once ive extracted it? i tired notepad like i use for everything else arma, but it doesnt show correctly.

config.bin's are binarized config.cpp's. I use a program called unRap which comes in kegety's arma tools package and it quickly makes a text version of the config.bin named config.cpp in the same directory.