Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Resistance Units

Quote[/b] ]making groups is a little new to me but I wan't to so I'll give it a try

Try taking another addons cpp and just copy/paste and change what you have to change. Its an easier way to learn.

Was blood texes ever mentioned as something to add still?

no, but I have tried to add them but no matter what I try they just won't work...

These are Great! like them lots, thanks for your efforts m8 smile_o.gif

Any chance you could list the class names, trying to spawn these units under DaC, and if I missed them in the readme, then am sorry smile_o.gif

many thanx

didn't miss them the class namse are FREE_RIF1 - FREE_RIF28 as I can remember there's a few more in the update and I kind of lost track....

and todays good news I got the custom faces working so an update is well on the way just have to remake the config a little and finish up some loose ends here and there and I'll release it...

new version will include the opfor units and four winter units

I got the faces working after studying YacieK's config for his fighter pilots for some reason it worked using his config layout, not sure what I did wrong but who cares... anyway I owe you one Yaciek

Any luck with the blood? smile_o.gif I think it's been discussed quite a lot elsewhere, try doing a search in the pertinent editing sections, might work out!

Anyway, they're beautiful. ^^ Thanks a lot! Custom faces will be a nice addition too! Oh, and groups. As far as I can tell, you only need to add a cfggroups entry to your config.cpp. As so (stolen from Ryan_D's zombies)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgGroups

{

class Ryan_Zombies_Groups

{

name="Zombies"

class Ryan_Zombies_ZG1

{

name="Zombies";

class Ryan_Zombies_Group1

{

name="Group of Zombies";

class Unit0{name="1";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie1";rank="Colonel";position[]={0,0,0};};

class Unit1{name="2";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie4";rank="Colonel";position[]={-10,-3,0};};

class Unit2{name="2";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie4";rank="Colonel";position[]={-8,-3,0};};

class Unit3{name="3";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie7";rank="Colonel";position[]={-6,-3,0};};

class Unit4{name="4";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie10";rank="Colonel";position[]={-4,-3,0};};

class Unit5{name="5";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie13";rank="Colonel";position[]={-2,-3,0};};

class Unit6{name="6";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie16";rank="Colonel";position[]={0,-3,0};};

class Unit7{name="7";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie18";rank="Colonel";position[]={2,-3,0};};

class Unit8{name="8";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie2";rank="Colonel";position[]={4,-3,0};};

class Unit9{name="9";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie5";rank="Colonel";position[]={6,-3,0};};

class Unit10{name="9";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie8";rank="Colonel";position[]={8,-3,0};};

class Unit11{name="9";side=2;vehicle="Ryan_Zombie11";rank="Colonel";position[]={10,-3,0};};

};

};

};

};

Good luck getting it to work!

Regards,

Wolfrug

okay so it turns out the random faces only half work, before I binarize them they work perfectly, after there's only a couple of faces that is used, I looked at some of the other addons that has been released and it seems they do the same, so is it either my arma or is this as good as it gets??

well the model has some faces connected with them but that don't stop them from having custom faces just only a few of them, could it be that the addon restricts the faces to the ones in the addon folder?

EDIT- never mind got it sorted out now, custom faces are fully functional so I just need to ajust that to all the units and I'll have the second beta ready for you meanwhile some screens of some of the new units in the update

sorry about the poor quality but my computer really hates me at the moment

resup1xb1.jpg

am I right to assume that the color tones on this one is way better than the others??

resup2sv9.jpg

resw2wm3.jpg

jesus dude your learning rate is astounding. Nice job. LOVE the winter units/setting...that's hardcore cool

E.P.I.C (Extremelly Perfect Infantry Crowd biggrin_o.gif )

They really look SUPER! I can't even imagine how perfect will they look after more updates! They scream "RESISTANCE!".

as ArmaVidz said, your learning rate is astounding!

That's AWESOME  !!yay.gif  yay.gif

Those pics look great.... inlove.gif

Great work agamoth!!

I need to downlod some winter maps ASAP!!!

thank you for the mirror...

I hope this new version is better, at least the faces are working...

I have forgotten to mention that I'm also working on some toys for the units

Pipebombs, wich I hope I can get turned into grenades for them at some point

pipebombsok8.jpg

a propane bomb, to use as an IED or something

resnew2be6.jpg

Wow, this this looking TOO good.

It has pregressed a lot. I like the diference between the resistance guys and the hi-tech soldiers. Maybe a tyranical goberment who takes advantages of the post-apocaliptic situation? Or may be a benevolent group, it's your call.

Still liking the variety, I like that you have changed the names so that they are easier to figure out in the editor.

The Winter 2 soldier has a hood clipping issue, but that is all I noticed in a first look at all of the units. Nicely done.

I don't have much confidence in a medic who is wounded though wink_o.gif .

Yes, please avoid using QG at all, if possible.

Very nice models, BTW.

thanks Stavanger good to see some screens in a little better quality.

it was supposed to look like somebody elses blood on the medic...

and good news to those who don't have QG, I don't see any reason why I should use QG stuff anymore, every new addition to the units will me made from scratch its way more fun that way...

should anyone find any shadow problems please make sure to post a screenshot of it because my performance is so bad lately that I can't even turn on the shadows for a quick look, the game just crashes if I try

These addons are excellent! Keep up the good work, i am seriously considering adding them to my Quarantine mission in the next update as there just perfect for survivors.

I was also wondering are there any plans for vehicles in near future? Like previously suggested a while back, rag tag civilian vehicles and buggy's with multiple turrets, maybe some sort of post apocalyptic tank too?

Propane bombs? Holy sh*t, now thats going to be awesome biggrin_o.gif

Downloading.. gotta test these asap inlove.gif

Keep up the perfect work! smile_o.gif

can anyone tell me where I might find some help with turning the pipebombs into grenades, never amde any form of weapon before and I'm not very experienced in configs either...

I tried using the propane bomb as an IED, with the IED addon released long ago... worked great but what I need is big flames like the napalm addon, not that big perhaps but you know where I'm going, but I'll need some help with that too...

at least the model is done

propanebombil9.jpg

about the vehicles, I plan to try it out, first attempt will be an armored truck, or the bus, like in dawn of the dead however thats completely new to me so it might be a while before I get any progress there

For vehicles you might want to check out this Multiple turret example by RavenDK. Could come in handy!

As for propane bomb, couldn't you just give it a satchel charge config? and pipe bombs a grenade config? Just open up the BIS grenades and satchel pbos and copy and paste?

Of course i have no experience with addon or config making so im not sure if it would be as simple as that.

Agamoth, I've got to tell you I've been waiting for diverse rag-tag units like yours since the dawn of ArmA.  Keep up the excellent work!

I was setting up a quick apocalypse mission last night an I started wondering:

With your talent, have you considered cranking out a pack of regular civilians?

ArmA is sorely lacking these... all we got is a bunch of beach bums and no women! tounge2.gif

I got to thinking, maybe create a "before" version of each of your units?  (i.e. what they looked like before the descent into anarchy)

The idea is, if we could combine the said regular civilians with your current apocalyptic pack, we could create missions that start out with "normal everyday life" not long before the [insert favorite end-of-humanity event here], and model the transition to full blown Mad Max survival! wow_o.gif

I get shivers just thinking about it...

edit: sp