Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Resistance Units

Will Smith's costume on the previous page really works because there is a lot of graphic interest between the different shades of his costume and his skin tone. He looks alive, foremost, and also visually appealing. Your all black costume image above is dead and flat. Try tinting the different colours and tones near black.

Notice how Sam Fischer's costume isn't completely black. It's actually grey with a reddish tint (possibly from the lighting).

http://dailyscreenshots.de/screens....-736081

And that this guy's black suit from the splinter cell ad campaign is actually reddish, while the other ninja in the background's costume is blue in comparison.

http://www.igniq.com/images/splinter_cell_dublin_190405.jpg

here's a small update before I get these released...

I don't really know what this guy is supposed to be...

Airsofter? wink_o.gif

He is quite obviously a wannabe Darth Vader, at least from what his helmet looks like. "Obviously not strong in the force as he is wielding a rifle" but still

Also isn't it more like darkish green then black? I am not sure since I am possibly color blind!

black is a hard color to use when you only have limited skills with texturing, there are details on that texture but they are almost impossible to see behind the black color, I'm still working on it though so don't worry too much, if someone would take the time to explain to me how I get the texture to have a red tint it would be nice, or link me to a tutorial would work...

should perhaps have taken the screen in another angle, its not a helmet its a face mask and googles... like one of the SAS guy's from COD4...

@Col. Faulkner

why not? if I had to be a resistance fighter for some reason I would use my airsoft gear... didn't think of it that way but not a bad idea.... might add some more to it

anyways I'm still having trouble with BinPbo but I'm really hoping for a release soon

@Col. Faulkner

why not? if I had to be a resistance fighter for some reason I would use my airsoft gear... didn't think of it that way but not a bad idea.... might add some more to it

Plain black is a rather poor choice as regards camouflage and

concealment in the field. OK for posing about in as some kind

of paramilitary "police" or fedaykin-type unit, though.

is this better... still trying to match the vest colors but as I said my skills are limited

resistance35py4.jpg

how abt having a look at S.T.A.L.K.E.R. theres alot of simular units in that game you can get inspiration from.

What you got now is looking good, keep up the good work!

its a nice look but havn't I seen him like a dozen places before?

its a nice look but havn't I seen him like a dozen places before?
Quote[/b] ]
PS; the jumpsuits presented are more charcteristic to early 90's but it is a good suggestion and will surely implement one or two of these. Although something like

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=32ix1.jpg

would be more suitable.

Behind enemy lines manhunter rulah, uh? yay.gif

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.....my4.jpg

Lol

Maybe from this post in Vilas' thread?

BTW the movie sucks.

yeah thats right! and I just played through COD4 again and there's a guy looking an awfull lot like him there too and I'm sure there is one more place I've seen a guy in another movie too...

I've played COD4 but it was like 2 months ago and I can't remember that sniper there. Can anyone please post a screenshot of it? Lol, everyone seems to have noticed him but I didn't.

I've played COD4 but it was like 2 months ago and I can't remember that sniper there. Can anyone please post a screenshot of it? Lol, everyone seems to have noticed him but I didn't.

Have a look at the official trailer, you can see him there running through a street with a sub-machine gun

For some reason I wish you would make the american flag shemagh (freedom fighters) dunno maybe a sahrani took it from a destroyed US base or something.

yeah thats right! and I just played through COD4 again and there's a guy looking an awfull lot like him there too and I'm sure there is one more place I've seen a guy in another movie too...

Not talking about movies but the main character from GTA IV (Niko Bellic) also looks like this sniper guy.. But still it would be supersweet to have a guy like this in this pack.

The guys really look great, keep up the good work and don't rush the release (but release a beta biggrin_o.gif ) inlove.gif

okay so how and where do I upload the beta, I'm not all that good at all this internet stuff I needed a longer explaination to get my signature in here....

If all goes as planned I'll get it uploaded tomorrow night

You might also consider contacting ArmaHolic or ArmedAssault.info or somesuch site, since they'll be likely to mirror it first chance they get anyway biggrin_o.gif Nice people as they are. :P

Anyway, looking forward to them!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Sorry about this, maybe it's a bit off topic but is everyone planning RACS replacement pack for these units? inlove.gif

Sorry about this, maybe it's a bit off topic but is everyone planning RACS replacement pack for these units? inlove.gif

cant take long to make.. id say abt maximum 30 min after release.. whistle.gif

cant wait to try out these units.....

remind me of a 70's tv show (UK) Survivors [yes i am that old! confused_o.gif ] this mini mod provides endless possibilites...

me thinks a terminator mod could be imminent..........

hope the 'will smith/ I am legend' unit makes an appearance this time out.............

great work

huh.gif ETA?

Will these resistance units only have AKs as their arsenal, also do they have tanks at any sort? Maybe the T-62 that I think RHS made. But covered in rusted steel and armor just to add that nice civilian touch. Ooh! and the viva la revolucion isignia on it biggrin_o.gif I'm asking too much lol.

On the idea of vehicles, some armored cars and trucks loaded with numerous mountable MGs would be awesome for the whole post apocalyptic feeling. Think of something like mad max or that scene of terminator. Just rag tag civilian vehicles which have been heavily modified, and a lick of war paint and personal touches civs might of added on like skulls strapped to the bonnet, graffiti etc..

They will also be nice to use opposit the SWAT units, as the local Sahrani Gang -- The Bloody Chips -- xmas_o.gif

Gangwars & driveby's..