Sign in to follow this  
franze

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

Nice jets for sure! I love em. Now we need some better enemies though biggrin_o.gif when im in your F18 - nothing can kill me.

Just a little heads-up. I tested your jets on 1.11 beta patch and it seems theres some strange things happening.

CBUs seems to drop correct but some mk´s landed like 50 meters too short. Always in front of the target. I know how to drop them "fake CCIP" (awesome idea!wink_o.gif and in 109 it works perfect. Just a heads up.

Thanks for an awesome addon!

Regards

Alex

shouldnt that be the pilot who suffer "damage" from high Gs instead of the plane which designed to withstand up to atless 12Gs?

Excellent work. One problem i encountered though: if not flying straight and i drop fuel tanks, they damage the plane. Might be because after releasing they're placed on absolute position below the Jet and not relative to its position. Tried once to release Fueltanks flying upside down and they appeared below the plane.

@Alex[Dev]72

You can equip some enemy units with the "fz_f18_aim9m_2" launcher, which will give them the capability to hit the F-18 (and hard! ). They still have to see you and know about you first, though.

It isn't CCIP - it's the velocity vector of your aircraft. I copied the code from the A-10's HUD. It won't work very well for bombs unless at absolute angles.

If the Mk20/CBU-87 drop fine then you're probably dropping the Mk82s and Mk83s in high drag mode. This means the bombs are a lot more draggy than low drag, so they're not going to follow a similar path as in low drag mode.

@4 IN 1

The G limiter restricts the F/A-18E/F to turns up to 7.5Gs by default, and 9.5Gs with the limiter off. If the limiter is turned off, the structure needs to be looked over after flight for damage. So the reality is that the airframe *might* be able to take 12Gs+ but it risks damage just by going over 7.5Gs. I was going to try and do a pilot blackout feature but I couldn't get the script to work right and they changed how cutText and titleText work - they now require modification of the description.ext file to set timers.

@Myke

Yes, this is due to the way I wrote the drop tank script. You aren't supposed to drop fuel tanks at certain angles in real life anyways, so it's only 'safe' to drop the tanks while the wings are level and the aircraft is in a slight climb.

@Franze

Is there any chance you could add all the scripts into the pbo (if possible), I seem to remember that the addons for ofp only needed to be near an ammo truk to use the GUI, rather than having to add triggers and scripts. I'm useless at understanding triggers and scripts, and the read me file doesn't explain setting up everything in sufficient detail for a dullard like me...................................

notworthy.gif

is there a way to remove the wingtip aim9´s?

or atleast stop the AI pilots from using them against ground targets.

@PSYCHOSIM

In FP the GUI system still needed to be placed specially on the map. The only difference is the FP version had a stand-by deprecated action-menu GUI with limited weaponry selection.

Nonetheless, there is a possibility I can enable the GUI system to be available with no special mission parameters - but no promises on that.

@the_shadow

You can remove the aircraft's default air-to-air weapons with the following:

F/A-18E

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this removeweapon "fz_f18_aim9x_2"; this removeweapon "fz_f18_aim120_4"; this removeweapon "fz_f18_aim7"

F/A-18F

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this removeweapon "fz_f18_aim9x_2" this removeweapon "fz_f18_aim120"

@Franze

Is there any chance you could add all the scripts into the pbo (if possible), I seem to remember that the addons for ofp only needed to be near an ammo truk to use the GUI, rather than having to add triggers and scripts. I'm useless at understanding triggers and scripts, and the read me file doesn't explain setting up everything in sufficient detail for a dullard like me...................................

notworthy.gif

Yes this sound awsome can you Franze do this would be vary nice biggrin_o.gif Its just a lot to do all that scripts and triggers all the time for the mission. Buy haveing it like the scripts into the pbo and just land the jet by an ammo truck and the GUI comes up this would be lovely biggrin_o.gif

I hadn't looked at a config file or script before last saturday, took me 4 hours to re-instate some scripts in this Addon from the previous Opf files.(all included in the PBO).

I can now change weapon load outs in game,(just ask some peope on the internode server) it uses the action menu, I assume thats how the old Opf addon worked so I tweaked it so it works again.

But like Franze said this is limited, as you have to have a script with the weapon load out you want, I just altered a few to my favorite loads and left it at that.

But if Franze could get the GUI working all the better!   smile_o.gif

Plus I really need to say this is an awesom addon mate.

Southy

If I can indeed make the GUI menu work independently of the mission, would anyone prefer this loading GUI change over the current one?

AWS v2.0 Demo

Before you ask: no, it's not finished, and no, I can't say when. The aircraft in the video has served as a test bed demonstrator for the past couple months.

Now we need a SA-3 yay.gif

Shilkas hidden in forest to cover the low flying and SA-3 to cover bigger/higher areas.

I think SA-3 is best as they can be fooled and they arent too fast, but yet very deadly if your not on your toes. And we need something to scare us in your awesome F18's... i feel like a god when im in them biggrin_o.gif

regards

Alex

A better option would be the ZSU-23-4's replacement, the 2S6 Tunguska. smile_o.gif

Let's not forget the usual MANPADS weapons either.

If I can indeed make the GUI menu work independently of the mission, would anyone prefer this loading GUI change over the current one?

AWS v2.0 Demo

Before you ask: no, it's not finished, and no, I can't say when. The aircraft in the video has served as a test bed demonstrator for the past couple months.

I like that GUI mate looks good reminds me a lot game I played like a long time ago, gave an outside view as you did the weapons load outs  smile_o.gif

I'm sure whatever you decide on, it will be greeted with a big cheer from the Arma community.

Southy

PS  do you ever sleep?

Ironically enough, I was playing around in the editor thinking of some old games with a similar loading scheme and how it'd be cool to do that in ArmA - that's why I did it.

Yes I do sleep, but I'm on a roll right now. More news later. smile_o.gif

As I said, ArmA is going to be a flight sim. Good job anyway ;p

looks impressive franze

i like this one better infact

AWS v2.0 Demo

Honestly NO! I prefer much more the current F/A-18 arming GUI than that one.

Hmm, the new GUI looks good but for some reason I'd have to say I prefer the more digital looking one..not sure why exactly, do you think it may be possible to sort of have both to appeal to both crowds?

Also great job on your commitment and attitude on this man, glad to see the turn around.

ok, after having played a while with this bird and patch 1.11 i must say that AI cant hit shit with the Mk82, 83 and 84.

they usually drop the bombs 50-100m short of the target.

i belive this have something to do with the new flight dynamics since i didnt see this problems before the patch.

oh, and i mean, AI ALWAYS drop the bombs short, no exeptions.

@ Franze.

If youdon't add the gscripts into the Pbo, could you atleast give a step by step list of instructions on how to set up a mission using the F18 and the relevent scripts for using the GUI?

notworthy.gif

@PSYCHOISM

I made these instructions for the triggers several pages back, but to make it work in the mission, you need to take these files from the included fz_f18aws_tst.intro mission:

DESCRIPTION.EXT

closemenu.sqs

dialog.sqs

dialog_f.sqs

loadweps.sqs

tankercheck.sqs

armact_check.sqs

And place them in your mission. You will need to graft any existing description.ext entries onto the description.ext file above.

Then in the mission:

The trigger to add the arming menu should have the following:

Condition:

vehicle player distance ammotruck < 100 and (vehicle player) iskindof "fz_f18e" and speed vehicle player < 5

Activation:

armact = (vehicle player) addAction ["Arming Menu","dialog.sqs"]

The condition it set so that if the player's vehicle is within 100m of the unit ammotruck and the player's vehicle is from the fz_f18e class, it will add the action to use the arming menu. Now to remove the action, you need one more trigger:

Condition:

(vehicle player) distance ammotruck > 100 and speed vehicle player > 5

Activation:

(vehicle player) removeaction armact

Simply make some object at the center of the field - an invisible H object, road cone, etc. and call it "ammotruck". To automatically remove the action when a aircraft does not have a pilot, place this in the aircraft's init line:

[this] exec "armact_check.sqs"

Which will remove the arming menu action when someone gets out of the aircraft.

@the_shadow

I just tested with Mk20, Mk82, Mk83, and Mk84; the AI will drop Mk20 and Mk84 fine, but drop Mk82HD and Mk83HD way too early. However, if they're dropped in low drag mode (replace magazine entry "hd" with "ld") they're very accurate. I think I need to modify the AI's range limits for the HD versions.

@all

In regards to the arming menu, I had no idea the camera system would be so divided. smile_o.gif

It's otherwise simple to change so I'll try making two types.

Cool vary nice biggrin_o.gif  So there will be two types one with the GUI built in the pbo so when putting the jet in the mission it will have the GUI weapons menu with out putting the scripts and triggers, vary nice love it wink_o.gif Keep up the awsome work Franze smile_o.gif

@ Franze

Thankyou very much, That should help me out a bit.

Thanks again.

notworthy.gif