Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_D

Sky Replacement

Me and The D made a little sky replacement addon. It replaces most of the cloudy sky textures, and slightly changes the clear blue sky texture.

Updated to v3.1 (definitely the last)

Credits: The D - made all of the textures.

Download here

Pics:

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sky001sx4.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sky002pp6.jpg

Looks awesome - is there any hit on framerates mate? smile_o.gif

It would be great if we could had Llauma or Husky Sky Pack to ARMA tounge2.gif

Anyway, nice work mate.

There's no fps hit at all!

Texture transitions are still a bit awkward (my Freudian perception recognizes several vaginae floating in the sky) but I am sure Ryan can get that under control - nice job! notworthy.gif

PS: Would anybody know how to edit the second "moving" layer of clouds?

To be honest this may seem something to knock up when bored, but you will be amazed who will grab this. The sky is always missed from modders, as in .. not many play with it, but the sky is a large part of the whole scene it makes a big impact.

God... This is something very interesting, i never seen this coming, but i like it.

Oh my! I have been putting off releasing my Science-Fiction Alieny Island (which I thought was pretty BAD ASS btw) just because of this issue, I didnt want the ugly sky (ugly for an alien world anyway...) interfering, I will look into this smile_o.gif

(May have to fire up the ol vistor and start working again tounge2.gif )

I wonder if there would be anyway to JUST change the sky for one map....

Alieny island? Haha awesom. biggrin_o.gif Not sure if you can change the sky for one map only though. But good luck. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Texture transitions are still a bit awkward (my Freudian perception recognizes several vaginae floating in the sky) but I am sure Ryan can get that under control - nice job! notworthy.gif

Yeah, well... it's hard to do the textures with clouds especially without mirroring the image. The rainy ones looked even worse. tounge2.gif

Hm...placed .pbo in addonfolder, but can't see any diffirences from normal sky. confused_o.gif

Did you make your own addon folder and add it to your shortcut or put it direct in to Arma's addon folder?

I made an addon folder for it and it works fine, make sure the addon folder is higher priority, then it will show up.

Tried this too. Maybe it's because I use russian version...but this is doubful cause every addon before worked perfectly with this version. confused_o.gif

Cool! I have enough that banana ArmA sky, that looks better, but llaumax sky was the best in OFP, maybe someone will port It into ArmA?

Tried this too. Maybe it's because I use russian version...but this is doubful cause every addon before worked perfectly with this version. confused_o.gif

Do you have any other mods that effect the weather / sky, or are you using a total conversion mod like XAM? If so that kind of thing will probably work priority over it anyway.

Try arma with no other mods apart from sky ... see if that works, if that doesn't then, i'm as lost as you.

PS - I hate to add this one, but, its not the case its working but you haven't really noticed a difference? whistle.gifsmile_o.gif

You'd have to be blind not to see a difference lol. tounge2.gif

The D is helping me make the sky look even better. Looks awesom, and the images aren't mirrored. smile_o.gif

Great, yeh the mirroring is clearly visible, mind you it looks like an evil demon subliminal face if you look close ........ huh.gif ..... or i was tired.

Cant wait for update ... the simplest of mods work the best. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Me and The D made a little sky replacement addon. It replaces most of the cloudy sky textures, and the clear blue sky texture (which I love that 1 compared to the original lol).

Updated to v2.0

Credits: The D - made all of the cloudy sky textures.

Download here

Crappy screen here

94786797pc9.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]mind you it looks like an evil demon subliminal face if you look close ........

LOL I noticed that too. rofl.gif

what is that little map on the screenshot? is it a mod or something? i like it, please tell me!

what is that little map on the screenshot? is it a mod or something? i like it, please tell me!

It's the GPS display (right CTRL + M, mostly available as squad leader only) tweaked with rg7621's "TrueMods - 2nd Release".

It's the GPS display (right CTRL + M, mostly available as squad leader only) tweaked with rg7621's "TrueMods - 2nd Release".

works, thank you very much!