Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_D

Sky Replacement

Quote[/b] ]Me and The D made a little sky replacement addon. It replaces most of the cloudy sky textures, and slightly changes the clear blue sky texture.

Updated to v3.1 (definitely the last)

Credits: The D - made all of the textures.

Download here

Pics:

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sky001sx4.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sky002pp6.jpg

goodnight.gif

WHat exactly is updated???

Better transition into the horizon... so it looks more natural

Old:

clearskyvk1.th.jpg

New:

sky001sx4.th.jpg

Sweet, now all we need is a higher quality second layer of clouds (the dark 2D rainy ones) smile_o.gif

Sweet, now all we need is a higher quality second layer of clouds (the dark 2D rainy ones) smile_o.gif

my words (less pixelated)

anyway Ryan since v3 it's absolutely fantastic scenery smile_o.gif

Thank The D - all I did is config. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sweet, now all we need is a higher quality second layer of clouds (the dark 2D rainy ones) smile_o.gif

I know how to remove them, but it looks worse without them. It's possible to edit them though but involves transparency and stuff I don't know. pistols.gif

Thank The D - all I did is config. tounge2.gif
Quote[/b] ]Sweet, now all we need is a higher quality second layer of clouds (the dark 2D rainy ones) smile_o.gif

I know how to remove them, but it looks worse without them. It's possible to edit them though but involves transparency and stuff I don't know. pistols.gif

How about sticking to the same system? You for the config and The.D for the texture works biggrin_o.gif

i know that the OP states that this is the last update, but i'm sure alot of the community would be very, very grateful if the file was signed. smile_o.gif

<s>Signed Infantry Replacement Pack & Hi Res Sky Replacement - I guess that is about right - never worked with keys before...

If I have gotten anything wrong or mixed up pm me.</s>

Strike that. I suck. wink_o.gif

no need for a PM as, in your addon compilation thread, it was stated that there needs to be a .bikey and a .besign file to go along with the mods. you stated that it is being worked on and for that, i am very appreciative. look forward to playing with the replacements!

Hi

This one was really cool, loved the way the skies now work with you addon. But I noticed this?

version3.1.jpg

You can even see it on a clear day, but it get even more obvious on a cloudy day.

Just downloaded the signed version for testing. I also use "DBE1;@XEH;@ArmAEffects;@HiFiFX;"

Best retard NoBrainer

Edit* Sorry, it's even there in vanilla ArmA, so forget about it...

Yes, unfortunately this clipping thingy keeps popping up. I could change the transitions by using a single colour for this area but that looks just as silly. If anybody has a solution to this problem (besides buying Armed Assault II *giggle*) go ahead! It has to be of topological nature.

Great addon! I think the weird pin wheel bug doesn't have to be fixed to make the addon great unless your a person who looks up a lot biggrin_o.gif

Sorry to pop that up, but what files do you have to edit to make custom skies ?