Sign in to follow this  
ONI.au

AACF SoundMod Version 2.0 released

OK i think you should update the bullet fly-by sound after your holiday because it's wierd. Sounds like a storm trooper after me  rofl.gif

Anyway toppie sound mod beats any other  thumbs-up.gif

i must agree.. i tryed to changed it for my pleasure but dunno why i cant put other sound but just renaming it.. its odd..  confused_o.gif

Ok OK biggrin_o.gif , I will post another flyby sound in wss format you will have to depbo the sound pbo and replace it. I will post it shortly. Unfortunately arma does its own thing the original file by itself sounds good imo smile_o.gif Re it not replacing the sound if you are running the DW mod there is a duplicate sound pbo in the DW mod folder too replace it and it should work.

Sav

after listening to the sounds in game a lot this week i have noticed an inconsistancy with the 203 explosion sound in that its sounding the same no matter the distance and its overtly loud

we will be looking at this and fixing the issues needed shortly so please be patient

all the best

ONI

If a sound doesnt change volume over distance, it usually is a problem of using a Stereo sound instead of a Mono sound smile_o.gif

Settings are also possible but I never really found a sound not lowering volume depending on distance other than using a stereo sound smile_o.gif

issue is fixed with the 203 also the bullet flyby's replaced with a custom made sound to replicate the actual sound of a bullet whizzing then snapping as it goes past the closer you are to the flyby sound the more pronounced the snap will be i hope you all like it mirror to be presented soon

mirrors updated on first post enjoy

issue is fixed with the 203 also the bullet flyby's replaced with a custom made sound to replicate the actual sound of a bullet whizzing then snapping as it goes past the closer you are to the flyby sound the more pronounced the snap will be i hope you all like it mirror to be presented soon

mirrors updated on first post enjoy

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to trying out the results!

Nice work Oni.au!!! BTW i am Squeeky rofl.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Loving those bullet cracks and fly-by's am off to test the 203 sounds tehehee nice job goodnight.gif

ok now ....about that holiday.....lol no updates for at least the next few weeks guys i need a break before my wife breaks my balls ...LITERALLY ...lol

anyways its been a pleasure bringing this edition to the mod i am hoping there are no more changes needed at this stage

i hope you all like the progress of things and i hope to bring further installments in the not so near future

all the best

ONI

edit : thanks stav for the mirror (updated 1st post)

For some reason this doesn't work for me. It says I am running the mod when I join games but the sounds stay the same or at least sound very similar to the original ?

Anyone else assist please ?

hmm not seen this before if you can post a copy of your taget line i will check to see its been put in properly also did you just put the AACFSOUNDS folder into your ArmA folder and link it to it in the target properly?

if you havent then it wont find it if you placed it in the wrong spot (for example placed the folder in the arma addons folder instead of in the base arma folder)

if you post your target and check that its in the corect place i think we will find a sollution

all the best

ONI

Just wanted to say - up to now no mod has come close to FDF, but your mod is now the King!

Thanks!

PS any chance of a version with the supersonic cracks in - that's the only thing missing for me....

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1;@ArmAEffects;lowplants;beta;AACFSOUND -nosplash

and C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AACFSOUND exists with 2 files aacf_cfg.pbo (30KB) and aacfsounds.pbo (42Mb), there is a subdirectory called Addons which is empty.

Edit: Don't worry worked it out, needed to move the contents from the AACFSOUND root to the Addons directory, works fine now thanks. Will try later smile_o.gif

Well im so fussy I have my own config, 2 explosions and some cracks and grenade / Heli Missile effects from Chammy mod, all guns / US tank & Ambiewnt effects (rain / wind / ambience) from the latest Fromz .. all Helis engine & M4 & T72 tank engine and gun and from this mod (didn't much like the rest of the guns) and surface walking / crawling sounds from BPA real mod.

I wish I could pack it to one pbo and pass it out (obviously I would not! whistle.gif ) .. I have to thank each modder for sounds, they are all great but theres just not a one total solution for me.

Anyway for this mod its very good and on par with Fromz (as he is part of it) and I LOVE the heli sounds!

** Actually my config just pulls from each pbo separately BPAReal.pbo / Chammy - set low priority / fromz_sounds.pbo (FROMZ 4) / aacfsounds.pbo .. If I shared that config file Im not breaking any pbo's ... can that justify as a non-ripoff?) **

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1;@ArmAEffects;lowplants;beta;AACFSOUND -nosplash

and C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AACFSOUND exists with 2 files aacf_cfg.pbo (30KB) and aacfsounds.pbo (42Mb), there is a subdirectory called Addons which is empty.

Put the 2 .pbo into the \ArmA\AACFSOUND\Addons Subfolder and it'll work.

One of the mirrors is wrong zipped.

MfG Medicus

I too had the problem with the .zip file extracting the pbo files to the wrong place. However, got it sorted sharpish.

I'd like to thank the author for doing a really good job. The infantry stuff is pretty much as good as Fromz's, but the better vehicle sounds make up for it.

please release this as a signed addon so we can use it on secure servers as well.

if you haven't done yet please check out the OFPEC Tags site for how to register and share your public keys.

thanks in advance.

I just wanted to say once more: WoW, what a sound mod!

I am truelly in love with this baby...

I just come from a 3 week ArmA Break due to hardware issues etc, my first mission after such a while and for the first time fully enjoying the sound mod.

I must say it's magnificent, the athmosphere is simply brilliant.

Thanks a million for the blood, sweat and tears that went into this baby notworthy.gif

thanks sickboy your compliments as always touch us deeply (in a manly way lol) glad you like how its turning out

at this stage we are looking at different elements to throw in randomised elements to certain sounds but at this stage its still experimental and not going to be implimentedjust yet, once implimented you will see a big difference in the way the battlefield ambiance hits you

also are the new bullet fly by sounds acceptable are they too loud ,too close ,too far let us know as each update i have tried to emulate as real as possible i can (one thing you will notice with the fly by sound the closer it is the more it changes from just a wizz by to a wizz crack which is actually what you will hear in real life...wait till you get one right by your ear ..damn)

big thanks also goes out to the developement team of BlackKnight ,Sgt_Savage and Fromz without them this puppy certainly wouldnt have got off the ground (dont worry im in there too lol)

will be looking at putting in environmental sounds and civil vehicle sounds in the possible near future but i want to get them right before we do so

and as always i am looking at fine tuning my weapon sounds and explosions but at this stage the mod will stay as is for a few months more .....have to say not many sound mods have updated as quick as we have lol now where is that jar of coffee lol ...anyone got a spoon...no no water just the coffee lol....ohh maybe a little sugar....

anyways lads i hope you like the progress we have made with the sound mod and i hope we can keep the standard as strong in the future

edit:looking into registering the addons now edit2:signed version available soon on first post edit3: done signed version available

all the best

ONI

Also 'just' want to say how good i find this sound pack. Sticked with FDF a long time, but this is a very nice piece. Haven't followed it much (as i read is is/was part of an other sound pack).

Anyway, great new atmosphere.

well mostly the only thing left of Fromz's sound mod now is a couple of cracks in the background and his config (from the original sound mod fromz released) but even that is a frankenstein in comparison to the original now although he does help us with the config from time to time our sound mod has evolved into its own style so as far as similarities thats where it stops i just credit fromz for his original work and assistance he has given .

fromz has a great work and its his 'style and feel' and how he likes to hear his game and ours is how we like our sounds to be  and the two sound mods are completely different when in comparison

anyways enough of the drama lol

thanks fox for the mirror updating it now

all the best

ONI

Thanks Oni & Team for this great mod. I've used about 4 different sound mod since starting playing Arma. The situational awareness is what makes your sound mod different! Its an awsome contribution to the game and the community. I'd hate to see the hour you guys spent creating this. I bet there were more than a few headaches. Congratulations and look forward to more version updates in the future.