Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Yanutha

Aussie released a new island named Yanutha. It cover around 25km2 and has two airfields, roads connecting scarce villages, small ponds/lakes and a LOT of forrests!

You can get it from Armaholic website.

Island is just lovely (kinda reminds me of my green country) with very interesting terrain for infantry/mech. combat. Villages are very small and scarce but hopefully Aussie will upgrade that wink_o.gif great work!

nice work man !! biggrin_o.gif but the beach by the water looks a kind of the same everywhere on the map :P try to make it more different.

This map is good visually but i found a few snags:

It's impossible to take off using an a10 on the airfield which means its a bit short

Airfield seems to jut out of the land and doesnt seem to fit with the surrounding land

2nd airfield could be marked as one so you can autopilot onto it

The "beach effect" textures on land touching the sea look a bit unnatural, having more cliff next to the sea may make it look better

Other than this it's brilliant and can't wait for future versions/islands.

Yes, the "beach" should be reworked.

For a sandy beach it`s to steep, it look`s unnatural how it is right now.

Attempts in more detail to work.

- Change your roads. Much more curves. No straight roads.

- Make sure what you are next to each building did. It must fit on the optics.

- The landscape too little developed. You should create many small points. Create interesting places. Eg. An abandoned house, it some trees and bushes.

Sowas revitalized the area.

This island is from 1.october 2007 - thanks to all newsposter that didn't do a little work but only copy & paste.

Read Aussie's (author) statements to his work in OGN forums.

'Very Nice' :P Now this island is released the Australians can actually have some kind of credit. biggrin_o.gif

Attempts in more detail to work.

- Change your roads. Much more curves. No straight roads.

- Make sure what you are next to each building did. It must fit on the optics.

- The landscape too little developed. You should create many small points. Create interesting places. Eg. An abandoned house, it some trees and bushes.

Sowas revitalized the area.

In his posts on the OGN forums, Aussie stated that he was trying to make it look like a particular part of Australia (Yarra Valley, Vic) and he has captured that fairly well.. smile_o.gif

Does that mean that he's not going to update this island? I hope not....cuz I can't remember any beaches with slopes that steep... Other then that and the other minor bugs mentioned its good work...but more work would make it truly awesome. I also agree with the other poster about making little "special" spots on the map. I like for example how BIS makes little "easter eggs" on their maps that eventually a player will discover and be filled with excitement about finding a special "secret" place. To truly make this map special he needs to think along those lines as well as fix some of the bugs. But overall I really like this map and it provides alot of good mission making opportunites...although still I'd like to see at least one larger town with a built up urban area....as well as fixes on the airstrip to make it more usable for AI pilots.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Aussie,

If you read this, thank you! I love your map. It's these types of maps that made for great gameplay back in OFP and now it's ArmA's turn. I hope you continue map making with other similar or different themes. Thanks again. thumbs-up.gif

Just stumbled accross this thread, the map is over 4 months old and was only half finished when I started on another map.

(some screenies of WIP)

http://forums.ogn.com.au/showthread.php?t=51250&page=2

I was in between jobs so I got bored and thought I'd make a map. It was designed for our OGNCTI missions hence the reason it doesnt have a lot of clutter, anyhow glad you like it. I never planned on releasing it..lol

Heres a desertisland I made for CTI also, its very small and prob only good for a DM or CTF style game,

http://arma.ogn.com.au/addons/islands/desertisland.rar