Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Disabling black people?

We're making two armies that don't have any black ppl in RL. How do you write a config/sqf that wouldn't use black faces for AI that you set on map?

There are some armies in the World in which there are no black people?

I am curious to hear what armies would those be.

Sorry, not helping you really, but I couldn't prevent myself from asking this

Hmmm... AB or KKK armies? I'm quite sure you are not modelling those, but those kinds of things could fit what you are explaining.

I'm sorry, if you do not want to reply then my apologies and just keep on working on your armies! I'm just curious where those kinds of armies might be.

Quote[/b] ]There are some armies in the World in which there are no black people?

Are you kidding ? rofl.gif

Well tell me about it. My knowledge of the World runs out. I am unable to say if there is an army somewhere which doesn't have any black people.

I know for sure my army has them, and they have to be in it if they are not Jehova's Witnesses (weird rule, I don't like it), and if they don't have medical problems which prevent going to army, or if they didn't choose Civil Alternative Service (not popular here) or else they go to jail or they escape from the country.

So, my army definitely has black people but what armies don't have is the question.

Quote[/b] ]There are some armies in the World in which there are no black people?

Are you kidding ?  rofl.gif

I guess it's a question of what you define as 'no blacks'.

For instance, the Finnish army has a reserve force of about 500,000 and annual intake of 30,000 men and women. Now, some of those are black/dark skinned - I don't know any numbers, but I'd assume that it's very low, maybe a dozen or so per year. Certainly less than there are women, which is about 400. 400 women out of 30,000 conscripts is a bit over 1%.

So if there's a fraction of a percent of black conscripts, it certainly isn't a case of 'absolutely no blacks in the army'. But it is such a small share that having them show up as often as in standard ArmA US/RACS setup is unrealistic.

Hehe, you goobers...

Baddo: China for example? wink_o.gif anyway... our Slovenian army doesn't have any black people and its kinda strange when you make an AI team and half of them are now black smile_o.gif it probably annoys a guy who is making an Asian army addon, but I guess he'll have to replace all of the custom faces that AI uses...

I noticed that you can call sqf function from addon config file and check every face and reset it. Hopefully it will work...

Actually i can even say that Arma face setup for west is only suitable for US Army. Most of Central-Eastern Europe/Asia/S.America armies do not have blacks or have in amounts that it's just ridiculous to take into consideration.

You could do it like this:

Add a CfgFaces class:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgFaces

{

class SBP_NOBLK

{

class SBP_face1

{

name = "Mike F.";

texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_26_CO.paa";

east = 1;

west = 1;

};

class SBP_face2: SBP_face1

{

name = "Geofrey M.";

texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_27_CO.paa";

};

};

};

Add into your base unit class (or all of them if you don't inherit from 1 base class): <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">faceType = "SBP_NOBLK";

You can copy the names and/or textures from original Characters CfgFaces class. I havent tried to use inheritance, you might only have to link ur SBP_face# to some OriginalFace# class, without having to add data for name and textures etc.

Well maybe I took IceBreakr's first post a little bit too literally, but I was really curious if he is actually able to point to a specific army which would have no blacks.

And it seems he indeed can  wink_o.gif

About Chinese army: well I didn't check if they have black people. Did you.

Sergei_Q's comment about the FDF is spot on. There are black people but the occurrence, at least where I served, was very low. So it would be wrong if in Arma an FDF group would have for example every 6th soldier black, that wouldn't be depicticting reality.

My comments in this thread are not for or against anything, I was only curious about what armies are in question.

Please everyone, keep the 'racist' accusations out of this thread. I'm sure that kind of thing was not IceBreakr's intention, and it wasn't my intention either when I asked him about it.

Baddo,Dragz: our country's army (its professional) unluckly has no black people and that is, yes, a shame. But hopefully that will change soon... and believe me, I'm far away from being a racist.

p.s. It seems that OPFOR (East side) in game has no black people also and that is hardcoded in ArmA. Will you call BIS racist too then?

But... back to constructive debate:

Sickboy: thanks, but I already got a help from my teammember. We've found the way and there are 25 random faces and AI uses common names from Slovenia now, too wink_o.gif

We've found the way and there are 25 random faces

How did you manage to set random faces? I've been trying to use random faces for days, with Synide's MLOD models but couldn't make it (despite the very good tutorials online, such as JB's one).

I know it's a config (cfgfaces) matter. There is a cfgfaces in the config I wrote, but my 'np_soldier_b_p3dm' always use the same face (the one defined in o2: hhl_01_co.paa). Thanks for your help.

Baddo,Dragz: our country's army (its professional) unluckly has no black people and that is, yes, a shame. But hopefully that will change soon... and believe me, I'm far away from being a racist.

p.s. It seems that OPFOR (East side) in game has no black people also and that is hardcoded in ArmA. Will you call BIS racist too then?

But... back to constructive debate:

Sickboy: thanks, but I already got a help from my teammember. We've found the way and there are 25 random faces and AI uses common names from Slovenia now, too wink_o.gif

You call this racism? Not all armies in the world have black people. SO having them on US side is realistic, because excluding african militaries, US has most of them in their army. I would call this realism not racism. So don't worry about people that say you are racist.

I hate to derail this thread even further than it already is, but...

There's some peaple who think that even mentioning someones skin, sexual preferences, gender or religion constitutes descrimination. From my experience, these peaple are either insecure about their race/gender/etc, or they don't really know the group their defending all that well.

I'm from Australia, so there isn't much racism against Negro's here. There is a lot of racism against the Aboriginals though. There's some that think calling them 'blacks' is racist'... I work with a large number of these, and largely the type which give Aboriginals such a bad name. They refer to themselves as 'Black fellers', and us as 'White Fellers'.

Bringing attention to someones differences is not descrimination. Even treating them differently is not descrimination, assuming there is a reason. You wouldn't give a guy without legs a job as a lifeguard. That's common sense, not descrimination. Similary, refusing to have black peaple in your arma mission because the army it represents doesn't have black peaple is also not descrimination.

Anyway, rant over.

What about my question, gentlemen, isn't it a more appropriated topic?

Did you set the osobnost selection properly?

No, I didn't. Here is my config (it seems correct, but it might not be ;-)):

#define true 1

#define false 0

#define VSoft 0

#define VArmor 1

#define VAir 2

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define ReadAndWrite 0

#define ReadAndCreate 1

#define ReadOnly 2

#define ReadOnlyVerified 3

class CfgPatches

{

class PJRU

{

units[] = {"pjRusEB"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.08;

requiredAddons[] = {"CAData","CACharacters","CAWeapons"};

};

};

class CfgVehicleClasses

{

class Men

{

displayName = $STR_DN_MEN;

};

};

class CfgSkeletons

{

class OFP2_ManSkeleton

{

skeletonBones[]={

"neck","",

"neck1","neck",

"head","neck1",

"lbrow","head",

"mbrow","head",

"rbrow","head",

"lmouth","head",

"mmouth","head",

"rmouth","head",

"eyelids","head",

"llip","head",

"weapon","",

"launcher","",

"camera","",

"spine","",

"spine1","",

"spine2","",

"spine3","",

"pelvis","",

"leftshoulder","",

"leftarm","",

"leftarmroll","",

"leftforearm","",

"leftforearmroll","",

"lefthand","",

"lefthandring","",

"lefthandring1","",

"lefthandring2","",

"lefthandring3","",

"lefthandpinky1","",

"lefthandpinky2","",

"lefthandpinky3","",

"lefthandmiddle1","",

"lefthandmiddle2","",

"lefthandmiddle3","",

"lefthandindex1","",

"lefthandindex2","",

"lefthandindex3","",

"lefthandthumb1","",

"lefthandthumb2","",

"lefthandthumb3","",

"rightshoulder","",

"rightarm","",

"rightarmroll","",

"rightforearm","",

"rightforearmroll","",

"righthand","",

"righthandring","",

"righthandring1","",

"righthandring2","",

"righthandring3","",

"righthandpinky1","",

"righthandpinky2","",

"righthandpinky3","",

"righthandmiddle1","",

"righthandmiddle2","",

"righthandmiddle3","",

"righthandindex1","",

"righthandindex2","",

"righthandindex3","",

"righthandthumb1","",

"righthandthumb2","",

"righthandthumb3","",

"leftupleg","",

"leftuplegroll","",

"leftleg","",

"leftlegroll","",

"leftfoot","",

"lefttoebase","",

"rightupleg","",

"rightuplegroll","",

"rightleg","",

"rightlegroll","",

"rightfoot","",

"righttoebase",""};

};

};

class CfgModels

{

class Default

{

sections[] = {};

sectionsInherit="";

skeletonName = "OFP2_ManSkeleton";

};

class np_soldier_b: Default {};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

/*extern*/ class SoldierEB;

class pjRusEB: SoldierEB

{

model = "\PJRU\np_soldier_b";

hiddenSelections[] = {"medic", "clan"};

weapons[] = {"AK74", "NVGoggles", "Throw", "Put"};

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "30Rnd_545x39_AK", "HandGrenade", "HandGrenade", "HandGrenade", "HandGrenade"};

};

};

class CfgGroups

{

class East

{

name=$STR_EAST;

class Infantry

{

name=$STR_CFG_XBOX_GRP_INFANTRY_SQUADS;

class BasicInfantry

{

name=$STR_CFG_XBOX_GRP_SQUAD_BASIC;

class Unit0

{

side=TEast;

vehicle="pjRusEB";

rank="Sergeant";

position[]={0,0,0};

};

class Unit1

{

side=TEast;

vehicle="pjRusEB";

rank="Corporal";

position[]={5,-2,0};

};

class Unit2

{

side=TEast;

vehicle="pjRusEB";

rank="Corporal";

position[]={-5,-2,0};

};

class Unit3

{

side=TEast;

vehicle="pjRusEB";

rank="Private";

position[]={5,-4,0};

};

class Unit4

{

side=TEast;

vehicle="pjRusEB";

rank="Private";

position[]={-5,-4,0};

};

class Unit5

{

side=TEast;

vehicle="pjRusEB";

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={7,-2,0};

};

class Unit6

{

side=TEast;

vehicle="pjRusEB";

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={-7,-2,0};

};

class Unit7

{

side=TEast;

vehicle="pjRusEB";

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={7,-4,0};

};

};

};

};

};

@Schroeder;

Sth else; AFAIK you may not define class default inside config models or any other Cfg Class. This would be correct:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class np_soldierBase

{

sections[] = {};

sectionsInherit="";

};

class np_soldier_b: np_soldierBase {};

etc etc

I mean in the model, I have my osobnost defined in the model, IIRC not in the config and the random faces work. Which is also a bit annoying since I haven't made black knees, because I wasn't planning on every third man being black. Which is why I have to bookmark this thread.

Mehman and Sickboy

Thank you so much for your brilliant ideas: I wrote the CfgModels section this way, according to your advices:

class CfgModels

{

class np_soldierBase

{

sections[] = {"osobnost"};

sectionsInherit="";

};

class np_soldier_b: np_soldierBase {};

};

And it does work biggrin_o.gif They all have shorts beards however, too much hairs for russian soldiers tounge2.gif I read there was a way to choose each soldier's face, I'm gonna try to write a modified config to do so... Again, many thanks for your help.

I'm smoking grass, but i have never seen any color on people, its probably me, but this post should NOT exist !

Enough now with the racisim / black people in armies etc. stuff. Either you post something constructive and related to the topic or don't post at all.

First and last warning before I hand out WLs and PRs.

Allie

What has your post to do with the original question?

As the author of this post I think it should be cleaned and locked. As I said before our army has only "caucasian" members so we needed to fix the BLUFOR side to make it real. Anyone who wants to modify the look and faces of the soldiers can depbo our addon - SBP Slovenian Soldiers (v1.3 or above!wink_o.gif to see how we did it. Madmat also used a different approach for his "African militia" where he had to make all members of the army, well black. Peace & out.