Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

British kit mod for arma

http://www.volcbat.com/pictures/lynxs.jpg

Top is the model Rambo claims to have "made". Bottom is from the flk mod. Key parts highlighted - some of the model has been changed, but still shows unmistakable similiarity - right down to lighting errors. In light of this, P:UKF have decided to withdraw permission to use our ported weapons pending further review, as previous claims by rambo that he will be respectful of addon makers and thier Intellectual Property has been shown to be null and void.

Clean (unmarked) picture of lynx's, just for prosterity:

www.volcbat.com/pictures/lynxs2.jpg

Your so full of your self m8, as i know for a fact that,that was made from scratch & not stolen form any one what so ever,& how dare you & at the end of the day your only embarising your self as you have opened your mouth before you have engaged your brain on this one i think.

O and by the way any one can draw pretty pictures on some else's work

Guest RKSL-Rock
Your so full of your self m8, as i know for a fact  that,that was made from scratch & not stolen form any one what so ever,& how dare you & at the end of the day your only embarising your self as you have opened your mouth before you have engaged your brain on this one i think.

And you think Pathy has spent the time to make the Naval sponsons and gear? Get a grip!

Heres an idea post the side shot of the wireframe. We'll do the same for the FLK Lynx and lets see what matches up.

Owned.

I wouldn't usually post like this but stealing other people's work is a no go.

You as well you should be ashamed of your self, as you at to stick your ten pence worth in it as well, you make me laugh,as you guys think your so much better than every one, but at the end of the day i think your a joke , & and should give up wile you still have a chance.

And what i mean by this, is every time some one get's accused of maybe stilling other peoples work you and your little fan clube are straight on the band waggon.

There are (at least) two possibilities regarding the Lynx. I think that the following two are the most prescient:

Rambo ripped off someone else's work.

The pics have been fabricated to discredit him.

Noone can really present evidence to the contrary of the first but Rambo himself. I'd rather that he explain what went on if he feels he needs to than have a discussion here where we all wrack out brains to offer him possible reasons why it isn't so.

As for the second, the topology of the flk Lynx is a matter of public record. Anyone can ascertain whether or not those topological features are actually present on the flk Lynx by looking at it. I think we could use confirmation from another, disinterested party. Once this is confirmed, then we have an issue, but not before.

That said, I find the claim that they've gone from nothing to in-game in a week highly suspect. That claim, depending on what it entails, seems on the outer edge of the realm of possibilities... but this is not evidence to either claim. It may be evidence towards Rambo being an extremely fast worker, or to his penchant for telling tall tales, though.

Could you explain why the lighting errors in both airframes are in the same place? something Pathy has stated is not possible? And why is the front identical aswell? you can clearly see from the windows and the wipers.

Your so full of your self m8, as i know for a fact that,that was made from scratch & not stolen form any one what so ever,& how dare you & at the end of the day your only embarising your self as you have opened your mouth before you have engaged your brain on this one i think.

I think you've just embarrased yourself, actually, as time will show that what you claim to "know for a fact" is wrong.

Plaintiff i've no reason to fabricate a picture. I'm good with photoshop (i'm payed to be) as I am in O2, but i'm not THAT good. The only person responsible for discrediting Rambo, is Rambo himself, when he decided that nobody would notice him ripping the flk lynx and presenting it as his own.

If anyone doubts me, open up the falklands lynx yourself...

Thats before we consider the Malvinas Gazelle...

Quote[/b] ]listen guy's that model was not stolen and your just pissed that the only thing you have released regarding ArmA is a camo nets addon lol.

Wow, once again you make a completely retarded post and ignore the questions asked. Provide proof the model was not pinched or refrain from posting in the thread.

Guest RKSL-Rock
listen guy's that model was not stolen and your just pissed that the only thing you have released regarding ArmA is a camo nets addon lol.

Actually that was BK... rofl.gif   You cant even get that right.  You seem to have resorted to name calling and arent even answering people's questions.

I PM'd Rambo about all this before Pathy posted and an hour later he posts a BS denial.

@ Anyone with any doubt in your minds go download the FLK Lynx and compare it to "Rambo's Lynx".  See for yourself.  This isnt Photoshop trickery.  Its the truth, its a rip off.

I think you've just embarrased yourself, actually, as time will show that what you claim to "know for a fact" is wrong.

Plaintiff i've no reason to fabricate a picture. I'm good with photoshop (i'm payed to be) as I am in O2, but i'm not THAT good. The only person responsible for discrediting Rambo, is Rambo himself, when he decided that nobody would notice him ripping the flk lynx and presenting it as his own.

If anyone doubts me, open up the falklands lynx yourself...

Thats before we consider the Malvinas Gazelle...

I'm not claiming that you're lying but most of us don't know you from Adam. It's more solid and sound if we can get confirmation from the actual model rather than a picture of it. Plagerism is a big deal now that there are forum consequences, and I think that we owe it to everyone to be as thorough as possible when quantifying claims of this nature. Preferably, the model would come from its original source, and not from a download link posted in the last 48 hours.

edit: and there you have RockApe, with his reputation on the line, confirming Pathy's claim. It looks like Pathy's claim is authentic. I'll download it just the same.

Cheers plaintiff, good to know my word counts for nothing without Rockape confirming it for you....Bloody hell. Consider how hard it'd be to fake that screenshot! crazy_o.gif

I mean, the thing that raised my suspicions, aside from the speed at which this was fabricated, to the point of checking, was when Rambo said that the struts on "his" model were the limit of his modelling ability - nevermind that its 3 basic cylanders, and they are inverted by mistake - and yet you look at the rest of the chopper....i mean....is he trying to tell us he was struggling with 3 cylanders yet came up with the rest of that model?

So we have a close look at the FLK lynx and lo-and-behold, it's identical.

Look, i've posted evidence for, it's pretty concrete evidence, and if you doubt it, you can do what I did yourself (you'll have to open the door on the model manually), download it, and have a look for yourself. So far the only "evidence" against is a load of name calling and a suggestion that i've faked the image. Along with the suggestion that I have some sort of vendetta against you. Well, i'll certainly go on record as having a vendetta against addon theft within the community, and thats it.

G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS

How many more warning levels and PR's you need until you realize that there are forum rules to follow here?

Quote[/b] ]§14) Remove image tags when quoting a post containing an image

If you quote a post that contains an image please remove the image tag so that the link is posted not the image, it helps keep the thread tidy and easier to read if the same image isn't being posted repeatedly, you need only delete one [ to stop the image from hotlinking.

On a sidenote: With 4 boxes under my avatar I'd be very careful with the namecalling, but that's just my opinion. whistle.gif

I will not comment the 'borrowed' model thing (yet), but I can tell that we keep an eye on this for sure.

Cheers plaintiff, good to know my word counts for nothing without Rockape confirming it for you....Bloody hell. Consider how hard it'd be to fake that screenshot! crazy_o.gif

Your words mean nothing, mine mean nothing. The convergence of a number of axis of evidence is the only thing that means anything. Also, write another post about it. Seriously, it'll be fun.

Given 2 similar models and photoshop I could fake that screenshot in an hour.

I cannot open the lynx model in my version of O2, because it thinks it's a binarized p3d.

Your words mean nothing, mine mean nothing.  The convergence of a number of axis of evidence is the only thing that means anything.  I cannot open the lynx model in my version of O2, because it thinks it's a binarized p3d.  Go on and take it personally if that's what you have to do.  Also, write another post about it.  Seriously, it'll be fun.

So you're saying that nothing actually matters besides the model being the same?

So you're saying that nothing actually matters besides the model being the same?

Yeah, nothing matters but whether or not the models are similar. Once that is proven, then other things can start. I can not prove it with 100% certainty for myself because I can't get into the lynx p3d. All I have is people telling me about how it is and posting screens. As compelling as that is, it's hearsay.

We know how Rambo's model looks because we have a record of his screenshot from before the accusation. He'd have no reason to fake it too look more like the flk Lynx. Now we need access to the flk P3d and not people blablablabbing about it.

What is this all about?   banghead.gif    I do know Rambo in real life, he is the cind of person who would give you a pound instead of stealing it from you - and cutting your hand off if you would try to steal it from him. Get back to business please, this discussion is not usefull for anyone. Work together - to make the game better. Don´t start to dig the grave for this project, you might be the first in the pit, lol ....   greetings,  Raven

This is about addon theft.

Let me post a reminder:

http://www.volcbat.com/pictures/lynxs2.jpg

Btw plaintiff, how could i fake that screenshot? Its from a different angle, and the nose shown on the shot i took is shown further towards the end.

We've yet to see any evidence in response. The silence from Rambo is deafening, and the only replies I have had have been childish insults and posts accusing me of having an agenda.

listen guy's that model was not stolen and your just pissed that the only thing you have released regarding ArmA is a camo nets addon lol.

It may be the case that the only UKF and RKSL work in ArmA are converts of OFP work (both done by other members of the community, with permission of the original authors I might add) but frankly UKF and RKSL know the work made by the Falklands mod almost as well as we know our own. We were for many many years close friends and work affiliates with them. Rock himself worked on the mod, and members of UKF had a large amount of input on FLK's development.

The assertation here that this Lynx was done by Col. Klink for FLK rather than Rambo is based purely on the loyalty of these people to those they have worked closely with in the past, not for some childish witchhunt, vendetta, 'addon elitism' or any other reason that might be concocted.

There was an instance in the past where FFUR mod (OFP) added the FLK lynx to their mod without asking the FLK team. This met with their disapproval, and a certain resentment towards those who take liberties with the work of those we consider friends that has manifested in us being particularly aggressive in the defence of our work and that of our associates, but none of it is out of spite. Ultimately it's resulted in the project that meant UKF and RKSL would not to allow Rambo to use their work in this mod.

Some of you may recall a recent event where one of UKF's addons was modified in a similar manner to this. I made the fact known, and endeavoured to provide every piece of evidence necessary to prove my claim was correct to those who disputed it, just as Pathy and Rock have done here. Such a thing should show you that we don't make these claims unless we're quite certain of it and can provide evidence to support what we say. We do this because the rights of those who create these addons are important to us. We're all old enough and experienced enough to know when and where these issues may arrise; we've been there many times before. We don't make thse claims for shits and giggles.

Frankly, I wish I didn't feel the need to get involved with this after last time, but such childishness accusations of bullying and defamation piss me of a bit.

Quote[/b] ]What is this all about? I do know Rambo in real life, he is the cind of person who would give you a pound instead of stealing it from you - and cutting your hand off if you would try to steal it from him. Get back to business please, this discussion is not usefull for anyone. Work together - to make the game better. Don´t start to dig the grave for this project, you might be the first in the pit, lol .... greetings, Raven

Who are you? Are you a member of the community? Do you even own the game? Once again do you have proof this model was rambo's?

I moved that gun in less than 20secs, we'll need someone to open the FLK Lynx and have a look lynxs21fakemd5.jpg

Let me post a reminder:

Btw plaintiff, how could i fake that screenshot? Its from a different angle, and the nose shown on the shot i took is shown further towards the end.

We've yet to see any evidence in response. The silence from Rambo is deafening, and the only replies I have had have been childish insults and posts accusing me of having an agenda.

Instead of wasting your time with this propaganda, how about helping people access the flk lynx p3d or informing placebo and actually perusing your accusations, and then he can figure out what's going on without this bullshit circus?

@Watson.

Nice work. That's what I'm talking about.

No sensible argument in reply then Plaintiff? You just like argument, don't you?

Odol explorer is your friend, so you can have a look for yourself, then apologise to me when you're done.

Let me post a reminder:

Instead of wasting your time with this propaganda, how about helping people access the flk lynx p3d or informing placebo and actually perusing your accusations, and then he can figure out what's going on without this bullshit circus?

@Watson.

Nice work. That's what I'm talking about.

Capital suggestion, after that we'll leave you in a soundproofed room with our unchaperoned children.