Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

British kit mod for arma

Guest RKSL-Rock

I see the "forum fairy" has been deleting posts again.

My original post was deleted at my request due to using my old account by mistake. The post was as follows:

I am not active in modding at the moment and so DKM is effectively inactive. I will be seeking the permission for you from the old members of DKM who worked on the pack, but I may not be able to get in touch with them.

I admire your approach to getting permission: either get permission or don't release. We didn't see that often in the Flashpoint community.

Hope this clears up the confusion. smile_o.gif

And once again, thanks Jaguar ( see I didnt imagine it !!! )

Ive been thinking about how to best display the credits for those who have been involved & donated kit. There will be extensive credits in the readme file, but how many people actually read a readme ? So, I was thinking about custom Loading screens ( the kind you get while a maps loading from the server etc ) which will contain a selection of the credits on the different screens ( I doubt it would look good or even be possible to put all the credits in all the loading screens ).

I have no idea how to do this though, so if anyone knows how, please PM me instructions.

Ive been thinking about how to best display the credits for those who have been involved & donated kit. ...

Config it so every time one of the little AI guys reloads

he shouts out the name of one of the contributors

as a taunt: "PUKF weapons, ya feckers!!!", "Come

an' 'ave a go if ya think yer 'ard enough! Vehicles

courtesy of DKM!"...

I'll get my coat...   help.gif

Ive been messing arround with the BIS example soldier you get for O2, trying to make a UK soldier out of it. this is what ive got so far ( be kind, ive not used o2 much )

UKSoldier1a.jpg

Or with alternative headgear:-

UKSoldier1b.jpg

The helmet was a lot easier to shape once i figured out how to manipulate the points manually.

We have guys with boonies on already ( albeit the US sized boonies, thanks the the Total Damage team ) so i was playing with the headgear we didnt have. The british type tank helmet is being a pain in arse to shape, I just cant get the shape right at the sides, so its not shown here yet.

Its all work in Progress.

I' think I'll scrap the beret and choose an easier hat style ( french indeed, bloody hell.......... )

I have a few ideas regarding the splash screen I'm just going to shoot out there.

In addition to having full credits in your readmes and such:

You could have a 'featuring' portion of the splash screen with the lists of the mod teams whose content you integrated. You could have this a straight up list or have it as a kind of artistic appendage to your logo, with a square block of text with the names of the contributors spelt out with no spaces or punctuation with some kind of Gucci photoshop effect on it to make it look like lines of code or use some highly graphic font, for instance.

You could have these names legibly scroll by like ticker tape atop the menu screen.

You could have a load screen dedicated to each unit or mod team, complete with logos and an action shot or other propaganda.

I think there is a very high opportunity to cross-promote your mod and the works of other mod makers through this sort of thing. At all costs, I would suitably glorify the works you are drawing from. I think it would be exciting to look at, exciting to be apart of, and would multiply the appeal of your mod with the appeal of quality addons like DKM and the others you're seeking permission from. I think it would suck people in to playing your mod and would suck developers in to be a part of it.

Good ideas there plantif. Its allong the lines I was thinking off, but as yet I still have no idea how to create those splash screens to make them work in the game. I was also thinking of replacing the background animations as well ( the ones you see while your in the game menu screen playing in the background ) but I have no idea how to insert such things yet. So much to do, so little time......

Col Faulkner, as long as your ones arnt also French, by all means, carry on.

Col Faulkner, as long as your ones arnt also French, by all means, carry on.

Well PM me a phot of the style you want.

Latest soldier version, with UK sized Boonie hat & a more natural shaped patrol pack.UkSoldier1c.jpg

Bloody hell, they wearing an umbrella? Trim that boonie!

I didnt think the boonie was too bad. Its a good bit smaller than the US version we have on the soldiers at the moment. ( or maby the guy just has a small head and the boonie looks bigger than it is ). I'll have a go at trimming it a bit further though.

It doesn't look too bad to me. It's a little long in the back perhaps and too shallow compared to this pic:

desert_hat.jpg

Yes, but only a mong wears the issue boonie like that.

Most soldiers trim it down so it's not like a huge F-off sombero, the only people you'll see with full size boonies are airsofters, who generally don't know thier arse from elbow, and think they look warry wearing a fullon sunshade on thier heads.

For Reference: Note the trimmed down boonies.

img.59986_t.jpg

Good luck with your soldier pack thumbs-up.gif I can't offer too much advice, otherwise i put my own pack for UKF out of buisness tounge2.gif

Ok, Chest rig on the guy with the now "trimmed" boonie. ( this combination isnt being made, but I put it on the boony to kill 2 birds with 1 stone - Trimmed booney as requested and the 3rd & final webbing option )

UkSoldier1d.jpg

Might wanna remove the collar from the armour vest, afaik the CBA didn't have one? Will you attemp to knock together a Osprey? Looking good though keep it up! if you need pics of the Osprey let me know. I'm the proud owner of one the covers. Though it's a Mk1 version.