Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM Addon Pack v2.0

Does this pack have your destruction mod in it? i saw the videos on armedassault.info and wasnt sure. if no, is there an eta when they will be out?

have you tried to destuct any of our vehicles ?

every vehicle in this release have its own destruction effect.

....and please people .... have a look in the manual included before asking questions.

thanks

i was wondering for the use with other vehicles, not just the ones in the pack

Here some answers on some questions.

@ Stewy (How can someone uses the cargo proxy anim for other helicopters)

open addon folder of the helicoper you want to change the anim. and find the config cpp file (If it's in bin format use kegetys unrap tool, and in the question of generate seperate files for root classes choose yes) now you should have a config cpp and some hpp files. We're interested in CfgMovesMaleSdr.hpp , CfgMovesBasic.hpp and CfgVehiclees.hpp.

1)in CfgMovesMaleSdr.hpp add this

class UH1H_Cargo02 : Crew {

file = "\HWM_Air\Anim\UH1H_Cargo02.rtm";

interpolateTo[] = {"KIA_UH60_Cargo02", 1};

connectTo[] = {"UH1H_Cargo02", 0.1};

equivalentTo = "UH1H_Cargo02";

variantsAI[] = {"UH1H_Cargo02", 0.5};

variantAfter[] = {5, 10, 20};

speed = 0.3;

};

2)in CfgMovesBasic.hpp add this

UH1H_Cargo02 = "UH1H_Cargo02";

3)in CfgVehicles.hpp find the line

cargoAction[] = {}; and replace it with this

cargoAction[] = {"UH60_Cargo01", "UH1H_Cargo02"};

now it's done. repbo the addon file and should work.

BUT USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, PERSONALLY I DON'T RECOMMEND CHANGE STANDRD BIS FILES CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MP, AND EVEN WITH THE GAME ITSELF. BETTER TRY IT TO CREATE AS NEW ADDON

ALSO IT'S NOT ALLOWED BY US, TO PUT THE ANIM IN ANY OTHER PBO. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO USE IT. USE IT DIRECTLY FROM OUR PBOS BU ADDING THE PREVIUS LINES EXACTLY AS GIVEN

@utterslax

Our destruction System is acomplicated combination of config/scripts/and a variety of p3ds. Sure it can be apply to every vehicle but needs work a lot of work. And permission form us which cannot be given.

Thanks for your help, XSparky - I'll give that a go wink_o.gif

Stew notworthy.gif

Hmm, well a few notes:

Nice pack, I like it. I love doing raids with the mercedes, nice way to assault the base. However I see the lack of two things:

A medic unit and an AT unit.

I'm pretty much screwed if I meet anything else than a UAZ. And pretty much screwed if I meet a UAZ with an MG since I can't heal anybody. But I use the default BIS units, even though they don't fit, I pretend they are just military assistance tagging along.

I also find the sound inside the huey to be far too low, for the pilot and the gunners. Is it possible to set it seperate or is it a singular value? Same goes for the merc. Or is this just ArmA 1.09?

The MG3 has a very low engagement distance, only 60m! That can easily be fixed though.

I'll be back with more reports later, perhaps a mission too.

I think the sound thing is 1.09. I have that problem with every single vehicle. Also, not a huge fan of the MG3 sound. I do love the Huey though. Been waiting for one since I first bought OFP. Can't wait for the US version!

Hmm, well a few notes:

Nice pack, I like it. I love doing raids with the mercedes, nice way to assault the base. However I see the lack of two things:

A medic unit and an AT unit.

I'm pretty much screwed if I meet anything else than a UAZ. And pretty much screwed if I meet a UAZ with an MG since I can't heal anybody. But I use the default BIS units, even though they don't fit, I pretend they are just military assistance tagging along.

I also find the sound inside the huey to be far too low, for the pilot and the gunners. Is it possible to set it seperate or is it a singular value? Same goes for the merc. Or is this just ArmA 1.09?

The MG3 has a very low engagement distance, only 60m! That can easily be fixed though.

I'll be back with more reports later, perhaps a mission too.

hm first thanks for your comments, I checked the issues you mentioned.

So about the sound inside the huey we have set the default sound coefition parameter to default == with that from blackhawk.

About MG3 engagement distance you are right.

I think 60m is for rifle and 200m for Mgun class.

if you want that fixed just tweak HWM_Weapons\Mg3h class

Also for the sound we hope to release a better sound in v3(with some external help wink_o.gif )

About AT/Medic units let's say that we are not done with releases yet.We hope we reach release100 or something crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

No worries in 3rd release we will include some variations of the already published vehicles with AT.

PS--> I am really waiting a mission, as payment for the infos tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif .

True thing is that we really enjoy the fact that people are using our addons,

Also We would like to inform that if anyone has\wants to make a mission with the HWM_addon_pack, we provide a mirror in our download section. we are also amazed by the pictures we have seen so far. Great Job we would like to say.

Now a small "eastern egg" that is in our 2nd pack and we believe no one have noticed.

Something that is in experemental phase and we introduce it in this pack, probably, we will improve it and include it in our next releases (depend on the extra time we have).

So here it.

for 1st time death animation for vehicle proxies.

EXPERINMENTAL.

240GD Driver Death

but i believe everyone can check it, cause it's already in our 2nd addon pack release

@Red Devil.

We happily accept your proposals, but you have to know that paa compression is a loosy compression. That means that if you open the paa and resave it in TGA for processing it, most of the colours will have some fad on them. So probably we need to rework, them in our source textures.

you got me there sparky, I just do the painting. just so you know that is no paint over of your textures, the only part left of the original texture is the positioning of the lines and rivets that have been reduced down to just solid black pixels, then the whole thing got re-painted.

Great work on the choppers.

Just one thing i thought the RACS version was going to have M240s on it,

Either way i really enjoy using the choppers and am working on a mission right now its the Hellenic army coming to the aid of the RACS to counter a SLA invasion of South Sahrani

can anyone tell me how to change the RACS version to an East Class chopper?...im working on a vietnam style mission and GroupLink2 doesnt support RACS so i need to have the RACS painted chopper seen as an East chopper by the game. Can you tell me which files to edit and which lines to change in them?

Also....if anyone has any vietnam style skins for this bird please let me know!

Thanks for the help guys!

Well, since a lot of you making requests for future addons i'd like to inform that most of you will be pleased with 3rd addon pack...

Specifically about uh-1h in us variant, as we have already promised we are going to release together with addon pack 3, as for the skin...

As aplion has already shown this picture in A&M disscussion thread the skin is almost ready.

uh1h in us version

The problem is the weapon, since mg3 on a us version huey, will be ridiculous (personal opinion). But we have already begun on working both on M60 and M60D, and they are progressing really well. Sorry But i can't tell you more, you have to wait and watch progress releases that we will make in future.

@BigShot.

1)Open HWM_Air.pbo,

2)unbin the config.bin file. If you use kegetys unrap, when the program asks you "generate seperate files for route classes" apply yes. Now find the CfgVehicles.hpp.

3)in class HWM_UH1H_Racs

find the line side=2 and change it to side=0

4)that's all repbo the file and you're good to go. REMINDER, also you need to delete the old config.bin file, as if they are both the bin and cpp files you're going to have conflict.

P.S. 1.DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

2.YOU UNDERSTAND ACCORDING TO OUR MANUAL THAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISTRIBUTE THIS, SO KEEP IT FOR PERSONAL USE

BigShot: here're two much more easy ways to do that:

a) add empty uh1 with name "heli1" and put 1 east pilot near it and type into init fields:

Quote[/b] ]this assignasdriver heli1; this moveindriver heli1;

b) insert west uh1 and add east sergeant near it, link units with F2 key/drag and set east sergeant presence probability to 0% (slider to max. left).

True thing is that we really enjoy the fact that people are using our addons,

Also We would like to inform that if anyone has\wants to make a mission with the HWM_addon_pack, we provide a mirror in our download section. we are also amazed by the pictures we have seen so far. Great Job we would like to say.

Now a small "eastern egg" that is in our 2nd pack and we believe no one have noticed.

Something that is in experemental phase and we introduce it in this pack, probably, we will improve it and include it in our next releases (depend on the extra time we have).

So here it.

for 1st time death animation for vehicle proxies.

EXPERINMENTAL.

240GD Driver Death

but i believe everyone can check it, cause it's already in our 2nd addon pack release

@Red Devil.

We happily accept your proposals, but you have to know that paa compression is a loosy compression. That means that if you open the paa and resave it in TGA for processing it, most of the colours will have some fad on them. So probably we need to rework, them in our source textures.

I did see that animation the other night.. So that's what is going on. biggrin_o.gif

I didn't know if I was seeing things but I was positive there was an animation when I shot the driver. It's nice to know I was seeing things and going nuts with hallucinations.

Very well done guys, I look forward to seeing this get refined. And thanks for saying something. I was wondering what I saw, and if I was seeing things. biggrin_o.gif

OK, one more "easter egg".

In this pack we have 2 different types for huey crew, one is the pilot and the other is gunner type, unfortunately due to crew line in config, by default we had to use only the pilot type, but, here is a way of how to use and the other type, this time correct in gunner place.

1)put an empty uh1h in the editor and name it (example uh1h).

2)now put 2 pilots in the editor and 2 gunners and give a name to each one (example a,b for pilots and c,d for gunners)

3)in the init field of pilot named "a" type (a moveindriver uh1h)

4)in the init field of pilot named "b" type (b moveingunner uh1h)

5)in the init field of gunner named "c" type (c moveingunner uh1h)

6)in the init field of gunner named "d" type (d moveingunner uh1h)

when the mission starts the units will be moved directly without animations to their proper positions. If someone wants to do this in more "gentle" way you have to use the assignasdriver and assignasscargo commands, but then you have to create and the appropriate waypoints.

Now some small tips, for the photographers and mission/makers

You can have some user made animations for the vehicles done when the mission starts, you can do that

For M1131

a)put a M113A1 in the editor and name it (example m113)

b)in the init field type

- For the ramp (m113 animate["ramp",1])

- For the cargo hatch (m113 animate["cargo_hatch",1])

For GD240

a)put a gd240 in the editor and name it (example gd240)

b)in the init field type

- For the left driver door (gd240 animate["ld_door",1])

- For the right driver door (gd240 animate["rd_door",1])

- For the windshield (gd240 animate["pampriz",1])

- For the back spare tire (gd240 animate["bc_wheel",1])

For uh1h

a)put a uh1hin the editor and name it (example uh1h)

b)in the init field type

- For the left pilot door (uh1h animate["lp_door",1])

- For the right pilot door (uh1h animate["rp_door",1])

P.S. you can have more than 1 animate commands for the same vehicle by sepereting them with ( ; )

example for having all the animations for the gd240

in the init type

gd240 animate["ld_door",1]; gd240 animate["rd_door",1]; gd240 animate["pampriz",1]; gd240 animate["bc_wheel",1];

Ok that's all, hope that these tips can give you some more ideas of what you can do....

Here are my Vietnam Era skins, based on real UH-1H paint schemes during the War.

Nevada Gambler

nevada_th.jpg

Pink Pussy

pink_th.jpg

Death Before Dishonor

death_th.jpg

If you guys from HWM are intrested let me know.

Holy cow, those Nam Huey's look very nice notworthy.gif Wow!

Lennard. biggrin_o.gifwow_o.gif

i just want to throw in a "great job guys" again.

Your work is superb, the amount of effort you put in truly does not warrant this add on to be free.

BIS shoudl start releasing more expainsion packs of MODs like this.

RedDevil you really impress me with that last photo, I mean A+ .

I like Pink Pussy also whistle.gifwhistle.gif

I am very glad that you M8s like our addons, this makes us to work even harder.

New toys are under way and rest assured that M60 is priority 1 pistols.gif .

Do you have the M60 model done? I can offer you one, plus conversion to D model.

Also, on a side note, I opened up one of your configs and you guys seem to texturetomodel or what's it called, why not apply the RVmats in O2?