Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

Arma150.jpg

Arma151.jpg

That's the current camo scheme and has been for quite a while....

Frankly speaking the quality of this addon is quite poor, it was crappy even for ofp. Textures are awefull - it's like made with MS Paint. Are you gonna improve it ?

Frankly speaking the quality of this addon is quite poor, it was crappy even for ofp. Textures are awefull - it's like made with MS Paint. Are you gonna improve it ?

Frankly your comment is rude and unpolite. You even hadn't the decency to read the whole thread.

Your comment is way too trollish.

on topic: love to see that bird flying one day

No, we're going to make it look even worse so we can enjoy your reaction to it. smile_o.gif

Don't judge a book by it's cover

It seems that you haven read all the thinks available in the plane and you just see te textures and say "crappy".

If you are going to cry about how it looks go to play CoD4 with it's uber-super-graphics.

Gameplay first, esthetic second.

Textures were one of Franze's first, he wasn't exactly all that experienced with them and the addon in general is atleast a year old I believe, however we have no intention of improving the textures on the bird itself, you may see why soon.

Understandably our textures were never anything flashy or great but it wasn't looks that we cared much about, we'd rather have gameplay but don't worry, we'll push out a bird that will murder the lower rate PC's soon enough.

Also bdfy I know you meant well but I suggest you work on your wording a bit better to avoid any drama, I do not want to see any of that here and I would rather keep this to a professional level rather then personal attacks.

@bdfy: Well when you get the experience then maybe you'd have room to say. But as said, keep it professional.

Guys, why are you taking everything that personally ? Game model is all about mapping/textures and, you  know, this one's are bad. That's just a fact - no offense or outrage here. Don't know whether my english is that bad or smth ...

IMHO these forums are a bit ridicilous - everything is named  'great' no matter what's posted - but i can't lie smile_o.gif

This model still can be entertaining in game (for those who can bear the quality), but this topic is all about screenshots only at the moment - and my opinion is frank at least. I keep saying that ofp convertion is rather simple, but sometimes time consuming - anyway that's good experience to put ingame better models later

xnodunitx

if i understand you right there'll a new bird someday - looking forward to your progress wink_o.gif

Well I think it's a matter of paying attention to what's being said. Again, it's kinda hard not to get annoyed when it's been said that originally the intent was to do texture work strictly, but the facelift got in the way.

Guys, why are you taking everything that personally ? Game model is all about mapping/textures and, you know, this one's are bad. That's just a fact - no offense or outrage here. Don't know whether my english is that bad or smth ...

IMHO these forums are a bit ridicilous - everything is named 'great' no matter what's posted - but i can't lie smile_o.gif

This model still can be entertaining in game (for those who can bear the quality), but this topic is all about screenshots only at the moment - and my opinion is frank at least. I keep saying that ofp convertion is rather simple, but sometimes time consuming - anyway that's good experience to put ingame better models later

xnodunitx

if i understand you right there'll a new bird someday - looking forward to your progress wink_o.gif

You know, you should be banned from downloading any user made content, because all you do is slate it when you post.

This is a great looking addon and to the non retarded person, OBVIOUSLY it was the model that was the hardest bit to get right.

Once that looks ok, AND it works within the game engine, we can think about textures.

Eye candy whores like you really piss me off because you judge everything on "how good the graphics are", i reckon, you only bought arma because of the screen shots on the back of the box, wheras the rest of us enjoy realistic gameplay and models.

Go back to your childish games

Textures were one of Franze's first, he wasn't exactly all that experienced with them and the addon in general is atleast a year old I believe, however we have no intention of improving the textures on the bird itself, you may see why soon.

Understandably our textures were never anything flashy or great but it wasn't looks that we cared much about, we'd rather have gameplay but don't worry, we'll push out a bird that will murder the lower rate PC's soon enough.

Also bdfy I know you meant well but I suggest you work on your wording a bit better to avoid any drama, I do not want to see any of that here and I would rather keep this to a professional level rather then personal attacks.

well then why dont u get to modelling a more accurate f18 << directed at the guy who complained about the quality

well then why dont u get to modelling a more accurate f18

Plane looks pretty realistic to me.

Guys, why are you taking everything that personally ? Game model is all about mapping/textures and, you  know, this one's are bad. That's just a fact - no offense or outrage here. Don't know whether my english is that bad or smth ...

IMHO these forums are a bit ridicilous - everything is named  'great' no matter what's posted - but i can't lie smile_o.gif

xnodunitx

u r on the wrong forum man. I know you used to giving sh it each on another on f.ru but on that forum people usually support each another. If you don't like something u simply do not post comments. Come there with a smile after u left ur negative sh it on f.ru, ok?

to EricJ

I've checked ur web and I think I'm going to reinstall my Lock On again just to see your skins for Mig29 and Su33. May be u have it somewhere on pictures?

bdfy: You need to learn what "constructive criticism" is. Every thread you post in you act like an arrogant dickhole. At least if you were constructive with your criticism, people wouldn't be so hostile towards you.

(This post is an example of constructive criticism).

Good job on the F-18. I am interested in having a look at the loadout scripts so that I could use them with our upcomming Mirrage III series, will save me making a few extra aircraft.....and make the files a lot smaller

xnodunitx

u r on the wrong forum man. I know you used to giving sh it each on another on f.ru but on that forum people usually support each another. If you don't like something u simply do not post comments. Come there with a smile after u left ur negative sh it on f.ru, ok?

to EricJ

I've checked ur web and I think I'm going to reinstall my Lock On again just to see your skins for Mig29 and Su33. May be u have it somewhere on pictures?

Unfortunately I'm not going to readd the skins yet.  I'm going for training tomorrow and be gone for a bit, so when I get back I may get them back up.  But you can check out http://www.lockonfiles.com, where my username is EricJ56 over there and you should find something.

Quote[/b] ]Good job on the F-18. I am interested in having a look at the loadout scripts so that I could use them with our upcomming Mirrage III series, will save me making a few extra aircraft.....and make the files a lot smaller

I'll agree on that too, the ability to use just one plane and select my weapons suite is much much better than having twenty million models for different loadouts.

The F-18F And E models are quite accurate, more then the rest I garuntee.  Now the problem is that at the time we were on seperate projects so Franze had only alittle assistance from Hellfire with the textures, so that meant he had to model it, config it, add the scripts, and mostly texture it, quite a task to do in a quick period of time.

Another thing is that he was trying to remain at a certain limit, AWS(or was it ASE..) was just in testing so not as many weapons were off model from the start, and he was trying to push for a fast release.  

But now that we know the system works and very well at that, there won't be any hesitation, plus with modern computer parts (and his computer upgrade) we look forward to expanding our interests in all fields and not just scripts and configs.  The new cockpit, although it needs to be modified (I'll let you guess why) was a step in that direction and with any luck more will be seen soon.   Also since this is a long post I'll just add it here, I haven't been home since Mon. and I won't be for the rest of the week so I won't have any progress for you Franze, not until saturday or sunday, whichever happens.

Good job on the F-18. I am interested in having a look at the loadout scripts so that I could use them with our upcomming Mirrage III series, will save me making a few extra aircraft.....and make the files a lot smaller

The core of the system depends on:

- How many weapons you want to use (including any multiple rack/rail launchers)

- How many hardpoints you have (or rather how many you want to be truly dynamic)

- How you want to equip the weaponry - i.e., a different loadout mid-mission?

These factors are important because they can define the overall complexity of the system. The F-18E/F at present can load over 80 different combinations of weaponry across 11 hardpoints. There are few units that can equip such a massive array of weaponry (or even have a need to). As a result, the F-18E/F relies on 6 "fake" proxies on the wing pylons, which are basically purpose-built soldier units with all the necessary weapons + railing arranged on them. It gives a great deal of flexibility and cuts down on the face count of the base model (which would dip into 30k faces without it). There's a downside though: it relies on using the cargo seats for the proxies. Still, it's a small price to pay for the diverse capability, and with the proper scripting the cargo seats won't cause issues.

Maybe a beta in a couple weeks, that's all I can say.

how it's going? smile_o.gif Do u have any plans about creating Mig29 vs your F18?

how it's going? smile_o.gif Do u have any plans about creating Mig29 vs your F18?

the mig would get so <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'> PWN3D!! </span> biggrin_o.gif

the mig would get so <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'> PWN3D!! </span> biggrin_o.gif

your reply is based on ?

I doubt it; the only MiG-29 I have is a old version that isn't well detailed - but maybe you'll see that one as a OPFOR unit. I've had my hands full with college the past week and I don't know if I'll have time this weekend to work on the F-18.