Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Ghillie snipers - by xam mod

I opened up the config of the addon. I see you use the same classnames as from the SLX people addon. The snipers are the "SLX_Women", which explains the female voices.

I don't know if this is how they were in the XAM mod. They should be changed to use their own classnames and tags. Using other peoples tags (and classnames) doesn't seem like a good idea to me whistle.gif

You´re right about that. But since i changed the whole baseclass to "XAM_GHIL" it should prevent two instances from overwriting each others. Or is me wrong? huh.gif

Oh no sad_o.gif It doesn't actually look ingame as it does in Wipman's screenshot does it? (I'm at work and haven't tried it)

Most of the time it looks like in my screenshots.

Maybe this glitch will be fixed in XAM 1.4, in that case i´ll just fetch the new texture from there.

Otherwise it´s down to reediting the texture - and i cannot do that.

One thing that bugs the hell outta me is when you "focus" with them (zooming in) they immediately start breathing heavily. This is very annoying and...not realistic? i dont even know what it simulates... maybe its another addon Im just now noticing, but yeah, even when they run, they immediately start breathing heavily, and FAST! I think a sniper/spotter would be more fit than the average soldier, but thats just me guessing smile_o.gif

That´s the original XAM setup.

Maybe i´ll have a look into this sometime, it´s been bugging me too. If anyone has a quick fix at hand, lemme know and i´ll include it asap.

And last but not least: Thx for all the mirrors smile_o.gif

I opened up the config of the addon. I see you use the same classnames as from the SLX people addon. The snipers are the "SLX_Women", which explains the female voices.

I don't know if this is how they were in the XAM mod. They should be changed to use their own classnames and tags. Using other peoples tags (and classnames) doesn't seem like a good idea to me whistle.gif

You´re right about that. But since i changed the whole baseclass to "XAM_GHIL" it should prevent two instances from overwriting each others. Or is me wrong? huh.gif

The classnames of the snipers are "SLX_Woman_Soldier_Base", "SLX_WomanW2" and "SLX_WomanWGreenUniform". I even see "class SLX_People" under cfgPatches.

That means they will conflict with the SLX people addon. I think it would be best to change all tags to your own tag so that they will never conflict.

I wonder why they are based off the SLX women, and not men huh.gif

I suggest to change all instances of "SLX" and "XAM" tags to something like "MRB" (or whatever tag you want).

Get rid of the "woman = 1;" (thats why the voice is female) entry too.

Aren´t cfgPatches and whatelse stored under the baseclass XAM_GHIL and XAM_GAVR?

Making it basically two drawers with the same contents, but being stored in different cupboards - so it does´nt interfere with each other?

Man am i glad that i have that "should´nt" in the readme biggrin_o.gif

So, besides that running both addons together is rather stupid, there´s a slight chance that this standalone version fucks up all of XAM?

I´m seeing a loooong night in front of me .. confused_o.gif

Hi, that screenshot was taken on an addon island called: Gardinasisland.pbo

not in any official island; and the only video settings that i've above

normal, low or disabled... are the texture and models quality, that

are setted up to: High. That may "help" to make that alpha channel

bug to happen, but i can't ensure it; the bigger problem that i see

on 'em is the female voices when they're AI controled and that they

don't use BI random or custom faces, i've made some faces that will

make this guillie snipers a true killing machine in MP in many places

of N Sahrani if they just had some gloves On and a better camo

on the face, but that's just my opinion. Let's C ya

the bigger problem that i see

on 'em is the female voices when they're AI controled..

Never noticed that myself because of mapnovoice.pbo rofl.gif

- Noted .. but probably cannot be helped .. never learned writing configs biggrin_o.gif

Hi, i've said that of the island where the screenshot was taken

because (i don't know...) maybe the objects (trees, tents, walls)

placement plus my graphic settings could "help" to make the alpha

channel bug on the kind of leafs that the guillie suit is made off,

happens. But the same thing happens on the vehicles windows etc.

I just was trying to help to catch some bugs, not making a joke. Let's C ya

That bright edges bug also happens on sahrani too. I checked it out.

thumbs-up.gif

That bright edges bug also happens on sahrani too. I checked it out.

thumbs-up.gif

And you´re still giving it a thumbs up rofl.gif

That made my day tounge2.gif

@Wipman: Sorry, didn´t mean to be funny .. oh well i did, but still being serious on the bugs being noted smile_o.gif

And you´re still giving it a thumbs up rofl.gif

That made my day  tounge2.gif

Don't worry thumbs-up.gif

it's just friendly critique. crazy_o.gif

Ive fixed the Alpha Channels on the Ghillie  tounge2.gif Just testing to see if it works and if it does i will send the file to Mr Burns to check and sign. or what ever he wants to do lol.

edit: didnt work as well as i thought, i got a tiny grey line around the camo now, not as bad as that screenshot though

i think there are many textures that aren't necessary for the sniper to work isn't it ? if their paths could be removed from the model the size of the pbo would be drastically decreased i think

@Matt Rochelle: Can you post a pic? Curious how it looks now smile_o.gif

i think there are many textures that aren't necessary for the sniper to work isn't it ? if their paths could be removed from the model the size of the pbo would be drastically decreased i think

Yep. Not possible with hexeditor though - out of my reach sad_o.gif

But im already getting help with the configs, maybe someone proficient in oxygen will show up too.

would be lovely if the vehicle chatter could also find its way outside of the mod pack.

Exactly my thoughts!!

And the DSAI pack as standalone addon!

come on Snake!

the bigger problem that i see

on 'em is the female voices when they're AI controled..

Never noticed that myself because of mapnovoice.pbo rofl.gif

- Noted .. but probably cannot be helped .. never learned writing configs biggrin_o.gif

See my previous post. I already told you how to fix it wink_o.gif

@Matt Rochelle: Can you post a pic? Curious how it looks now smile_o.gif

Yep. Not possible with hexeditor though - out of my reach  sad_o.gif

But im already getting help with the configs, maybe someone proficient in oxygen will show up too.

Erm i lost it ^^ .

It didnt have the white around the side but looked like a cross between winter/Woodland Camo lol. Ill give it another go once i install my new Harddrive and what not.

^Take your time, the snipers wont run away biggrin_o.gif

PS: An update is on it´s way. khayes has fixed alot of my fuckups already and it´s getting better each day. Nice guy he is thumbs-up.gif

So far v1.1 will include the following fixes:

Quote[/b] ]Fix Female Voices - done

Complete class changes - done

Editor onTop Bug - done

+ a little surprise

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]+ a little surprise

wow_o.gif

ok so I went to work before reading this post, but I've fixed the female voice, tooled them up with NVgoogles and M9SD and added another sniper with the M107.

Then I decided to level the field so setup 3 SLA units as well (SVD, KSVK, AKS74PSO)

couldn't get the faces to change, so I made a new "sniper" camo face and gave them a pair of black gloves.

sniper.jpg

I'll PM a link to you Mr Burns so you can have a look for a possible v1.2 ? off to try 1.1 now.

I'll PM a link to you Mr Burns so you can have a look for a possible 1.2 ?

Send it now and i might be able to squeeze it in before anyone notices biggrin_o.gif

edit: No quickie possible from my side unfortunately. Combining both configs would make my head go boom because of the class changes. Sorry.

I´m sure you or khayes could work that out in a matter of minutes .. but me not sad_o.gif

Looking better, can't wait for the updated version

thumbs-up.gif