Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Rebus

Italian Soldiers & Weapons 1.0

I dont get the fascination with the personal permission taking hobby most model makers have. I really don't. It's like they believe they've achieved something, and they want to be pampered for it. The only reason for their permission taking fetish seems to be that they want their e-peen to grow even bigger by acting all holy. Otherwise, Why would they subject to their FREE work being used by more people that they made for people to use for free in the first place? I'd understand if RH claimed it was his work, but Its not like robert hammer went and claimed to make the models or even claimed to be a modeller at all.

GRRRRR....pompous wanka's.

Well they obviously have achieved something if people want to use the stuff... In normal cases i and most other modders couldn't care less about permissions, however there are a few exceptions...

Mainly the usage in larger addons, and mods. Most people, including me, also disagree with the fact that a person with really no control over the content gives it to others...

Then there's the fact that this time MULTIPLE models have been used... A single weapon? Usually it's okay straight away with just credits, however in general we *require* permission even when put into packs released internally in our forums...

Most Half-Life related releases also have a disclaimer in the readme that specifies permission is needed.

Also, that last comment doesn't really help... You do have to understand that free in this case does NOT mean 'free to use as people wish'. You are not allowed to pirate a movie(even a free one in the internet) and then re-release it again, for obvious reasons. The same is for models, textures and any other artwork pretty much. It's just copyrights, a very important set of rules meant to protect the works...

I'm sure you can see that...

Quote[/b] ]

3D models that nobody is earning any money from whistle.gif

I wouldn't be so sure... Most might be like that but you *never* know.

Either way, like i said, they are free but not public domain... Those who made the models and textures in fact DO own them, as if they were a physical product.

/Edit: I do apologize for making this 'public'. Mind you, it wasn't really public until somebody posted a link to our forums... But i do have to explain a few things nonetheless:

CDG.net is extremely overprotective about artists' rights. RobertHammer agreed to that(unknowingly perhaps) when he joined there... It is common practice to make a thread about a credit/permission issue in our forums, so people could better see if their work was used.

The MAJORITY of the authors of those weapon models are in CDG, and they have a right to know if their work is being used... I made a thread about it as is the standard.

That and we *ALL* know that threads are far more effective than private messages in things like these.

I did not have this bug , have anybody else this bug?? huh.gif

Guys, plz do tell me I am the only person who experienced this recoil bug... it will make me feel special smile_o.gif

Seriously, you don't have anything like that?

All recoils in Skaven's weapon pack work fine??

Interesting...

RobertHammer - plz have a look at what Vilas had to say about some recoils in ArmA... sounds interesting.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=1110

Vilas writes: "what concerns recols: for unknown reasons here in ARMA my custom recoils doesn't work or work only some of them even if they are copied and edited recoils from weaponsconfigs of BIS

game says that "config.bin\recoils\vil_akrecoil.... not found"

so game search for MY own recoils defined in config in BIS config.bin

but game do not search outside for magazine or ammo definition

don't know why it search for recoils outside config

seems that own recoils are problematic here

thats why on my previous addons it looks as it is"

Classnames! smile_o.gif

I did not have this bug , have anybody else this bug?? huh.gif

Guys, plz do tell me I am the only person who experienced this recoil bug... it will make me feel special smile_o.gif

Seriously, you don't have anything like that?

All recoils in Skaven's weapon pack work fine??

Interesting...

Classnames! smile_o.gif

becasue I am about to DL that un-pbo thing & start fixing things...

I have it too. I just checked the config for these weapons and I see this in cfgRecoils: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Ska_RiffleRecoil[]= {0,0,0, 0.060000,0.01000,0.01, 0.10,0,-0.020000, 0.100000,-0.010000,0.010000, 0.050000,0,0};

Ska_RiffleprRecoil[]= {0,0,0, 0.060000,0.00800,0.0080, 0.10,0, -0.02000, 0.080000,-0.010000, 0.010000, 0.050000, 0, 0};

I see "RH" and "Skav" tags are used in places. Bad idea, because it can (and did in the case of the recoils) interfere with addons by those guys.

All tags in the addon should be "ita" or "REBUS" or whatever. That would prevent problems like this.

Here the names of weapons and magazines:

WEAPONS:

"RH_m4a1"

"RH_m4a1aim"

"RH_m4a1acog"

"RH_m4a1sd"

"RH_m4a1sdaim"

"RH_m4a1gl"

"RH_m4a1glacog"

"RH_mp5a4"

"RH_msg90"

"RH_mp5a5"

"RH_mp5sd6"

"RH_m249mk1"

"RH_mg42"

"RH_m60e4"

"RH_spas12ext"

"Skav_m249mk2"

"Skav_AWP"

"pzfaust3"

"RH_m9b"

"RH_m9bsd"

"ita_ar7090"

"ita_ar7090_scoped"

"ita_Sc90,Sc90_2"

"ita_Sc90_rd"

"ita_Sc90_ag"

"ita_Sc90_gl"

"ita_Scs90"

"ita_Scs90_rd"

"ita_Scs90_rd_sd_2"

"ita_PM12"

MAGAZINES:

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"

"Skav_M249mag"

"200Rnd_M60mag"

"120Rnd_MG42mag"

"20Rnd_MSGmag"

"Skav_AWPmag"

"30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD"

"30Rnd_9x19_MP5"

"30Rnd_9x19_MP5SD"

"8Rnd_S_Buckshot"

"15Rnd_9x19_M9"

"15Rnd_9x19_M9SD"

"PZF3_MAG"

"1rnd_HE_M203"

"30Rnd_AR7090mag"

"30Rnd_AR7090mag_SD"

"20Rnd_AR7090mag"

"20Rnd_AR7090mag_SD"

"30Rnd_9x19_PM12"

It's curious how people still don't see the virtue of using tags. On everything. Including magazines ("8Rnd_S_Buckshot" ? ...sheeze). tounge2.gif Hell, I use tags in scripting...overall, it's just good practice.

And to Zadoff: I've got the same problem. Here's the point where tags come in as useful, eh? wink_o.gif I don't suppose you could give out a fix at some point that lets you use Skaven's units and yours together? And fix up those mags to use proper tags while you're at it biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

a BIG... no HUGE ty for the classnames!!!

Would be great if the updated weapon pack (IF there will be such a thing) had better sounds for the PM12 and Ar70/90...

Did I say that this is probably the best weapon & unit pack

this community ever DLed?

Could you guys please tag your stuff properly in the next release? First of all you use Skavens tags and classnames, which conflicts with his addons (no recoil). And you have RobertHammers "RH" tags. I see some of your magazines (and ammo?) have no classnames at all.

Seems like several addonmakers are doing this. Please register your tag at OFPEC and use it.

And I see the addons are tagged with "REBUS" while the units and some weapons are "ita". 1 tag for everything would be easier to deal with.

Maybe it's annoying bugging you guys like this, but I hate to see good addons do this kind of thing.

Edit: And you should take it as a compliment that I bother you guys with this, because if I didn't like this addon then I wouldn't care or notice tounge2.gif

smile_o.gif

Yeah, the problem is different people created parts of this pack independently (even I did my share tounge2.gif), and the final guy just assembled everything together and released it. There should be a preliminary agreement on class names and tags.

Strange convex component in the rpt file?

Could you guys fix that, what is it from?

Once more, I want to thank the authors of this addon.

U did well, more than just well - this is a great addon that

virtually anyone interested in Western units & weapons should DL and use. It's a must-have!! Many, many thanks!

Have a great X-mas!

Yes, concur guys - I think it's a great pack!

Aside from all of the weapons hub-ub, is there any news on desert Italians? Sakakah is screamng out for them! pistols.gif

Have a good Christmas guys! xmas_o.gif

Looking forward to the update, i love these guns. i have a question on the classnames though, i need a little help matching up the ammo for the gun type. i got most of them,but for thge sc90s and such, i wasnt sure which mag corresponds with which gun model. thanks for any help.

biggrin_o.gif

Ciao Rebus !!!

gran lavoro complimentissimi

se hai bisogno di aiuto per il desert camo, io sono disponibile, vorrei realizzare anche delle livree per il Cobra Woodland & Desert so usare benissimo Photoshop ma non conosco ancora bene i file di Arma, dove trovo le texture dei mezzi originali...

da retta al consiglio di MadMatt e registra il tuo tag in OFPEC visto che hai in progetto altri addons

grazie mille per l'addon

rofl.gif

Great units, i hope they wont be set to carry trash or whatever Italian soldiers do nowadays tounge2.gif

Once again, awesome

If there are any Italian squads that would do a coop-operation with our Slovenian team, let us know. We can use this addon for your units - and we have 5 MP missions already set on Alex Sworn's La Samula island... let me know! Btw: great work, especially on weapons! "Spectacolare" wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Ciao Rebus !!!

se hai bisogno di aiuto per il desert camo, io sono disponibile, vorrei realizzare anche delle livree per il Cobra Woodland & Desert so usare benissimo Photoshop ma non conosco ancora bene i file di Arma, dove trovo le texture dei mezzi originali...

da retta al consiglio di MadMatt e registra il tuo tag in OFPEC visto che hai in progetto altri addons

grazie mille per l'addon

rofl.gif

yay! I actually understood some of that! I knew this college education would pay for itself!

biggrin_o.gif

Ciao Rebus !!!

grazie mille per l'addon

rofl.gif

Do you have a "desert Vegetata" for make photos of it?

I've in project to do Italian soldiers in desert camo.

biggrin_o.gif

Ciao Rebus !!!

grazie mille per l'addon

rofl.gif

Do you have a "desert Vegetata" for make photos of it?

I've in project to do Italian soldiers in desert camo.

I've a friend that do some mission with Italian army I could ask him if he got some desert camo wear photos.

I've done some mod to your replacement pack config and weapon to avoid some RPT error with your weapons,

And I use your army & weapons togheter with aimpoint desert ones in my addon pack, we can talk about this in italian so we will get more changes to understand...

my msn: axelm@libero.it

tounge2.gif

I've registered my tag "REBUS" on OFPEC.

yes, but i don't see a 'key' associated with your tag.

OPFEC and the BI Wiki should give you all the info that you need to make the necessary signed files.

i apologize if i am coming across as being pushy. that is not my intention. it's simply that i believe that your work is insanely good and it would be a shame if we couldn't use it on signed servers. imho, your addon is one that everyone should have installed.