Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM - HAC Huey UH-1H

Gotta admit, best damn looking "public" chopper in ArmA yet. smile_o.gif Good work!

We are working in this nose issue. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I also thought that the nose was wrong, until I realised that my "blueprint" is SebNam2 hueys biggrin_o.gif

After reading this thread I guess this is the way they look. And it looks good!

How is the handling? I hope you will make it nice but not to easy, it is still a helicopter wink_o.gif I would prefer to have it "compatible" with the arma-choppers. I mean that it should be slower and heavier than the arma AH6, but lighter then the rest.

I also thought that the nose was wrong, until I realised that my "blueprint" is SebNam2 hueys biggrin_o.gif

After reading this thread I guess this is the way they look. And it looks good!

How is the handling? I hope you will make it nice but not to easy, it is still a helicopter wink_o.gif I would prefer to have it "compatible" with the arma-choppers. I mean that it should be slower and heavier than the arma AH6, but lighter then the rest.

Well, the handling is as it should be, exactly as you described it... heavier than Little birds, not as powerful as Blackhawk, less agile than Cobra, to compare it with western helicopter types. As veterans of flying sims, we kinda used that experience to adjust the flight attributes

What would really be awesome though, as I see that lots of people have actual flying experience, or are related to people who have, with the Huey, is to have actual feedback from these people. It's very good to have people suggesting about modelling and texturing, but having feedback from the real veterans would really bring the whole project to new level.

Just keep in mind that ArmA is not FSX or Falcon or SAR, so some things are not feasible. Yet. wink_o.gif

...just an idea I'm playing with... wink_o.gif

racs.jpg

gimme gimme gimme

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

awesome any ideas about a release date???

Impressive work, its defo going to set a new quality standard of addons released.

Would you be able to tell us what camo schemes you have in the works besides the Greek and RACS?

And do you have plans for an unarmed version or one with say M240 or M60's, or are you sticking with the MG3's for them all?

Cheers

and what about a "modern" UH1 version ?

Beautiful, but since the addons are based on the actual Hellenic Army arsenal...

OK HWM team if u want your huey only for yourselfs , pls make unarmed version , green or better black huey for Mercs better armed with M60D's . That's all , again pls make those versions ! biggrin_o.gif

Just to set things on the right track, the Huey and all our addons are part of a total conversion mod, aiming to realistically depict the Hellenic Armed Forces. Though it is a huge amount of work, we are really set on producing other variations as far as texturing is concerned. You will definately see some other Huey variations from us, just hang in there.

For instance, we would love to see the M60 hanging by the sides of the bird. But as we have decided to build everything from scratch, the M60 is not ready yet while the MG3 is on finals.

Don't forget, we have a couple more things we want to share with you with this addon, so bear with us a bit longer...  smile_o.gif

MERCS ?

mercs.jpg

come on guys, we can do any texture variation but give us the time first to complete other major issues.

P.S. sorry about the skull, I couldn't resist smile_o.gif

don't worry, we're staying by your side. wink_o.gif

and no problem, I understand that you give the priority to the hellenic mod. wink_o.gif

Nice ,but can u post a pic with modified nose pls tounge2.gif

......... hmmm you probably mean the nose of the skull !! yes you are right I must do something about it tounge2.gif

if you don't see what's wrong with the huey's nose, the easiest way of showing that is to look at that shadow, you will find that nose blunt...

everything else except nose looks perfect thumbs-up.gif

And I would suggest ... when all the serious work on your is done of course, a Huey painted in RACS scheme, I think you have some spare blue and white paint barrels around for the strips. smile_o.gif

Just to set things on the right track, the Huey and all our addons are part of a total conversion mod, aiming to realistically depict the Hellenic Armed Forces. Though it is a huge amount of work, we are really set on producing other variations as far as texturing is concerned. You will definately see some other Huey variations from us, just hang in there.

For instance, we would love to see the M60 hanging by the sides of the bird. But as we have decided to build everything from scratch, the M60 is not ready yet while the MG3 is on finals.

Don't forget, we have a couple more things we want to share with you with this addon, so bear with us a bit longer...  smile_o.gif

Thanks for the reply, and i wasnt trying to be pushy incase you got the wrong impression.  And i fully understand that the Hellenic versions have priority, but its good to know you will be doing other versions.

Thanks fellas for making the Hellenic version and a few other versions - They all look fantastic! smile_o.gif

Guys we are trying to find what exactly is wrong with the nose of the model. We are following exactly the blueprints from the original manual of the UH-1H and it is exactly the same.

I know that older versions of huey (during Vietnam war period) was slightly different than newer versions.

Anyway we will keep looking for improvement in that section but please think also the possibility of in-game photo stretching. Maybe this is the reason that the photos are different than what we see actual in-game.