Sign in to follow this  
LR18-8

Recording

Hi all .... I did a search but it didn't return any info that I'm looking for, so I'm hoping someone can help!

I wanted to know IF/HOW I can record a mission, and then play back and record some footage for a movie? Like a demo in BF2!

And I wanted to know how I can get rid of any HUD and use a free cam for the recording?

Thanks

Neo

Sorry if this has already come up, I couldn't find anything on these forums, !

Hi all .... I did a search but it didn't return any info that I'm looking for, so I'm hoping someone can help!

You won't find anything using the search on these forums. It's shockingly poor. Why BI soldier on with a version of ikonboard that's 5 years out of date, I don't know.

Meanwhile, back at the topic; If you want to record what you see on your screen, ie through your players eyes, FRAPS and Gamecam are both good, although not free. FRAPS is good and simple but does create enourmous files. Gamecam performs better but is more complex.

If you want to get a different viewpoint, ie not through your soldiers eyes, you have to either be creative and enlist a good mh6 pilot, or start using camcreate. Look in the wiki for that.

Here's what you can do given patience, FRAPS, Windows Movie Maker and a decent MH6 pilot to fly you around.

http://www.teamspaff.co.uk/visitsahrani.wmv

No, you can't record 'demos' that you could play back in the game engine and view from any angle etc. You could theoretically make a set of scripts that tracks each unit and saves that data on disk with some hack and then another set of scripts that would play it back but it would be rather limited by many things. In its simplest form it could be just moving icons on the map and text messages about fired, dammaged and killed events. It could be an external program or a separate 'mission'.

I believe something like that was made for OFP but I've yet to check it out.

Best bet to get you started, use something like Gamecam or Fraps to record footage. To get a "free" or "dynamic" camera type;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "camera.sqs"

in a soldiers INIT line. ( You can edit the bulldozer controls so you can use the camera with your mouse). This is pretty basic but that camera can be used to make all sorts of scenes. i'm sure there is plenty of info at OFPEC

You won't find anything using the search on these forums. It's shockingly poor.

Search for 'Record' From the beginning and newer in ArmA:General...

Its not that hard. icon_rolleyes.gif

Click that link at look at the results.

7 pages to search through

No thanks

I recommend Taksi for recording game footage. It's free (open source) and personally I prefer it to fraps anyway.

There are much more recent versions but for my money version 5 was the best (i think the latest is 7.1 or something.)

Check it out http://taksi.sourceforge.net

You won't find anything using the search on these forums. It's shockingly poor.

Search for 'Record' From the beginning and newer in ArmA:General...

Its not that hard. icon_rolleyes.gif

Click that link at look at the results.

7 pages to search through

No thanks

Are you retarded?

Just from the first page(Not including this topic):

1.Camera Mode

2.questions about video making for arma

3.How to make a video

4.Making Videos?

Well I don't see why "1.08 performance increase" or a thread about helicopters should be there wink_o.gif

Are you retarded?

Did you get your previous warnings for being rude?

he has 3000+ inputs to this threads/topics....

He expect you to tre at him like God or something... What did you expect.... whistle.gif

I may as well chime in with a question I've been wanting to ask for a while in regards to recording in ArmA; is there a way to actually play and/or record ArmA in slow motion?

The reason I ask is recording in slow motion makes for much more fluid movies because you get far more frames once the video is brought back up to normal speed. Many of the movies made for IL2 Forgotten Battles were created using this method hence the reason for asking the same of ArmA.

Thanks.

put this in the init line of anything in the editor of the mission you're making

setacctime 0.5

the lower the number the lower the speed.

1 is normal

2 is double

0.5 is half

0.01 is super slow

Are you retarded?

Did you get your previous warnings for being rude?

Yes

Quote[/b] ]he has 3000+ inputs to this threads/topics....

He expect you to tre at him like God or something... What did you expect....

Someting needs to be explained only so many times, when people are too damn lazy to read 3 lines then they dont belong on forums at all.

@ Blazin, thanks for the reply, I'll definitely give it a whirl.

Are you retarded?

Just from the first page(Not including this topic):

1.Camera Mode

2.questions about video making for arma

3.How to make a video

4.Making Videos?

+1 WL and 48h vacation from these forums to give you time rethink the way you communicate with other forum members.

Thanks for all the Info ... only thing I need to know now is can the game be paused, But still allow me to move the cam around get into position before I start recording?

Thanks for all the Info ... only thing I need to know now is can the game be paused, But still allow me to move the cam around get into position before I start recording?

Impossible confused_o.gif . You could slow the game right down to 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 or something, but things will still happen...

ok well I'll just have to live with it!

or setup a little action like a soldier walking into position instead of spawning him in the place I want .. just for a few seconds to setup

Thanks all for your help very appreciated biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Slow down the game and use a beam script.

Maybe this works more or less..

Create two triggers

Trigger 1

Radio Alpha

OnAct: setacctime .001

Trigger 2

Radio Bravo

OnAct: settacctime 1

when you're using the camera, and you've created these triggers, you would just press 0 0 1(alpha) and 0 0 2(bravo) to activate each trigger.

You retain the ability to use the radio while in the camera, as well voice commands, 5 5 (where are you?) lol.

If you're commanding a squad and setup your mission with waypoints and stuff, you can try to make note of the numbers you press to cause actions. The key shortcuts can be used when filming to remain in the camera mode, while still retaining control over the battlefiled. Here are some off the top of my head:

Substitute ~ for F2, F3, F4 to control individual solders.

~ 3 8 1 All - Watch North - Substitute 1 for 1-8 N, NW, S etc

~ 1 6 All - Stop

~ 1 9 Proceed to next waypoint

~ 7 8 All - Get Down/Go Prone

~ 7 9 All - Stay Low

~ 2 2 All - Target x

~ 3 2 All - Hold Fire

~ 3 1 All - Open Fire

~ 3 4 All - Engage

~ 3 6 All - Disengage

~ 3 3 All - Open Fire

~ 8 7 Formation Line

~ 8 8 Formation Column Compact

You can even setup triggers (Alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, echo etc.) to do other things useful while still using the cam.

For instance set your trigger to Radio Charlie. Make it big enough to encompass where your team will be:

Create a marker named Fallback

OnAct: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_x doMove getmarkerPOS "Fallback"} forEach ThisList

So whenever you want, you exec the trigger via radio 0 0 3 and any units inside the trigger will fallback to the marker position.

You could do the same except instead of using {_x doMove etc. you could ensure ONLY your team fallsback by individually adding one after the other (because I can't recall the proper syntax or scripting) by using this in the OnAct line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier1 doMove getMarkerPOS "Fallback";soldier2 doMove getMarkerPOS "Fallback";soldier3 doMove getMarkerPOS "Fallback";