Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3:05 Released !

That's a big deal to dl the XAM.

but once you got it, you can't play without it !...

maybe it's voodoo ? biggrin_o.gif

unless you want to play with the SightAdjustment mod

unless you want to play with the SightAdjustment mod

just delete the weapons.pbos then.

Isn't the artillery really annoying and unrealistic? if your aspecial op sneaking around behind enemy lines and you want to call in an artillery strike you have to have a humvee and a command striker....come on guys...it's silly.

Impi

so, let's talk about field arty. wink_o.gif

I agree in a part of your speech.

But, once the spotter locked his target, he has to send his fire mission request to...

...the arty unit !

and that's where we are !

the stryker is the field arty command post, that's all !

so, it's not so silly.

whistle.gif

Hmmm...A spotter is useless without a portable radio though. I find it strange and annoying that you need to have a HMMWV nearby to be able to transmit your support requests.

I understand the need for a command stryker, just not for a 'radio vehicle'. ArmA is not a WW2 sim  crazy_o.gif

Great work though. I'm loving the improvements XAM brings. Especially flying around to the tunes of Feeder, Wagner, etc...Classic   thumbs-up.gif  biggrin_o.gif

P.S @ that guy having problems with DMSmokeEffects; I have no problems running the mod with XAM. Same thing with Madmatt's effects...

Well you're one of the lucky ones then lol. I tried switching the positions of the mods in my launcher and tested it and still I don't get DM's smoke to work on it. Oh well. wink_o.gif

Even if it could seem very long to download, once you get it, you'll never be able to play without it... biggrin_o.gif

good post !

this mod doesn't have post sale support ? biggrin_o.gif hey snake where are you ? tell me how can i lift a vehicle with the chopper ! tounge2.gif

Good question.

In the manual it states that you just need to hover the Blackhawk over the vehicle at 9-10m and an attach vehicle menu appears. I have tried this but it just ain't working. Has anyone got it to work?

Yes. I am using the cargo version of the Blackhawk and I am trying to lift a standard HMMVW.

BTW can you lift artillery pieces?

Great Mod though guys a big WELL DONE to all involved

SD

Good question.

In the manual it states that you just need to hover the Blackhawk over the vehicle at 9-10m and an attach vehicle menu appears.  I have tried this but it just ain't working.  Has anyone got it to work?

Yes.  I am using the cargo version of the Blackhawk and I am trying to lift a standard HMMVW.

BTW can you lift artillery pieces?

Great Mod though guys a big WELL DONE to all involved

SD

it is working perfectly over here.

I'm taking the transport heli. Hoover above a humvee at +-9M. Than I try to stay straight above that hummer and i can pick it up.

Maybe you arn't staight above it?huh.gif??

The heli-transport do not work with the standard Blackhawk, it only works with the transport helicopter. wink_o.gif

I know it only works with the transport BH nener.gif

I can assure you I am directly above the HMMVW at 9m and I get no option to attach vehicle in the menu, unless it has to be mm perfect. whistle.gif

anyway I will persevere and see what happens

SD

I know it only works with the transport BH nener.gif

I can assure you I am directly above the HMMVW at 9m and I get no option to attach vehicle in the menu, unless it has to be mm perfect.  whistle.gif

anyway I will persevere and see what happens

SD

strange, if the rest works perfect, this must work perfect to confused_o.gif

The onley thing I can think of is that you are not hovering straight above the verhicel you want to pick up.

@XAM mod team:

- I would suggest you equip the vehicles with ammo by a script.

Before I played with XAM all the vehicles had some ammo by default. Since the vehicles are replaced, now they're all empty.

Needless to say that besides this the mod is really very impressive. Especially I like the dynamic voices and pain shouts smile_o.gif

EDIT:

Somehow after I changed the sequence of the mod used the vehicles are again equipped with ammo. So ignore the first part of my post. smile_o.gif

Just wondering if theres a place where I can download XAM co-op missions and stuff, cause I can't find anything anywhere (or even a XAM Evolution, i saw someone with a Test server of XAM Evo X_X)

the problem with the Vulcan is annoying, I can't use it because of the problem that william already mentioned.

Please XAM team solve this!

And to Betsalel: I use DMSmokeEffects with XAM too, it works so far, but the view block smoke doesn't work.

XAM is a great mod to bad its not working with the DM hide addon either

somewhere something is going wrong with the extended event handlers probably (as both the DM hide and DM smoke (view block) doesn't seem work)

any ideas as to fix it ?

XAM is a great mod to bad its not working with the DM hide addon either

somewhere something is going wrong with the extended event handlers probably (as both the DM hide and DM smoke (view block) doesn't seem work)

any ideas as to fix it ?

XAM doesn't use the extended eventhandlers, is uses it's own eventhandlers.

The only way to solve that is to change XAM to use the extended eventhandlers addon. You'll have to ask the authors for that.

Ok Snake (from the XAM mod) please make the XAM mod to use Extended Event Handlers by Solus.

Please understand that we want to play with your great mod but it is very annoying to a lot of us when other mods (important mods like DMSmokeEffects and ArmAEffects) don't work with XAM because you refuse to use Solus' Extended Event Handlers. Why not?

Thank you with all for your suggestions and feedbacks.

Version 1.4 of Xam will use the addon Extended Event Handlers to ensure a perfect compatibility with addons of the community.

I carried out a massive optimization on the MOD allowing to gain 10 FPS in more compared to armed assault, and others tweaks...

Thank you with all for your patience and good play on the xam wink_o.gif

I remain with your listening

Brilliant news Snake22000 smile_o.gif

BTW, any mirrors available for XAM? I tried to download but it was very slow, and eventually the download failed due to disconnection somewhere.

hello

I love Xam explosions and options

and I love DMsmoke smoke columns

is there a chance to see DMsmoke columns in a next version of xam ?

Thank you with all for your suggestions and feedbacks.

Version 1.4 of Xam will use the addon Extended Event Handlers to ensure a perfect compatibility with addons of the community.

I carried out a massive optimization on the MOD allowing to gain 10 FPS in more compared to armed assault, and others tweaks...

Thank you with all for your patience and good play on the xam wink_o.gif

I remain with your listening

Great to hear you care about compability with other addons of the comunity!

Can't wait to try out the new version. Is there a work in progress version 1.4? (For beta testing and bug finding?)

I'm really interested what you did to gain 10 FPS more!

EDIT PS: There also is a small issue with the crew soldiers that are in a tank. You use a reskin for them. I'm using a unit replacement mod (ACU from Cameron McDonald, replacement config made by Colonel Sanders Lite (CSL)). So all my units appear in ACU uniforms. But from the first person view the tank crew members have a different camo than from the 3rd person perspective. Any idea why?