Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3:05 Released !

hello

I love Xam explosions and options

and I love DMsmoke smoke columns

is there a chance to see DMsmoke columns in a next version of xam ?

I doubt any mod will want DMSmokeEffects until it is fully MP compatible, which hopefully will be the next major development of it.

hey guys im downloading now, only 4 hours to go on the armaholic server smile_o.gif .... was just wandering, i have queens gambit installed, can xam be run with queens gambit? or is it only arma?

also ive seen a few other posts with people having problems with multiplayer? my friend and i often create our own arma servers to game on, as long as where both running the same version of xam it should be fine shouldnt it?

there's no problem with queen gambit. wink_o.gif

concerning servers, you can play :

- on a xam server without it (you'll get the default properties)

- on a normal server with the XAM (but, sometimes it gets some lag, and the server might crash if you're really unlucky)

- on a normal server with the XAM (but, sometimes it gets some lag, and the server might crash if you're really unlucky)

No!

Bad idea. First of all, most decent servers will block it.

You will cause other players and/or the server to crash if you use it.

Maybe the next version will fix it.

Still, it is a bad idea to use major mods like these on a server that isn't set up for it.

Server and clients should have the same version installed, then there will be no problems.

No!

Bad idea. First of all, most decent servers will block it.

You will cause other players and/or the server to crash if you use it.

Maybe the next version will fix it.

Still, it is a bad idea to use major mods like these on a server that isn't set up for it.

Server and clients should have the same version installed, then there will be no problems.

I've already played on several servers without any "error message" or crash, and nobody had some lag.

But I agree with you Maddmatt even if it's possible to play on a server, don't use the XAM until it's a XAM server. wink_o.gif

I've already played on several servers without any "error message" or crash, and nobody had some lag.

I guess you were lucky. I've seen a lot of reports of it causing crashes. Maybe it doesn't happen as often in the latest version.

i placed 3 mines and it crashed huh.gif

are there bugs with mines ? because it happened more than once now

do you have more details ?

Was it SP or MP ?

on a XAM server or not ?

Can you release a 1.3:05 version that support Solus' extended event handlers please?

It's simply because I can't play ArmA without XAM anymore, but would like to use other mods that use Extended Event Handlers. (i.e. ArmAEffects from Maddmatt)

It would be wonderful if you would make XAM modular. So that the user could turn on/off features he likes or doesn't like in your mod:

This could be done by a .hpp file with enable/disable options.

i.e.

- unit replacement true/false

- explosion effects true/false

- weather effects true/false

- DSAI true/false

- Changed weapon sounds true/false

- Changed vehicle sounds true/false

Over all your mod rocks, but there are some mods that are bringing even better effects than XAM (FDF_Sounds, ArmAEffects, DMSmokeEffects, NWD Scopefix and NWD Ballistics, Suppression by Second...) and to run them alongside a modular system would be very helpful.

I personally run XAM because of the DSAI, ambient sounds in tanks and some minor features. But I really don't like the effect from XAM preventing some other effects from other mods.

Please think about a similar approach to the community like TrueMods and ProperMod has done. From these mod teams you can pick the changes for ArmA one by one. If you like it you can include it, if not then leave it out. This would be great to have this possibility with XAM.

Can you release a 1.3:05 version that support Solus' extended event handlers please?

It's simply because I can't play ArmA without XAM anymore, but would like to use other mods that use Extended Event Handlers. (i.e. ArmAEffects from Maddmatt)

It would be wonderful if you would make XAM modular. So that the user could turn on/off features he likes or doesn't like in your mod:

This could be done by a .hpp file with enable/disable options.

i.e.

- unit replacement true/false

- explosion effects true/false

- weather effects true/false

- DSAI true/false

- Changed weapon sounds true/false

- Changed vehicle sounds true/false

Over all your mod rocks, but there are some mods that are bringing even better effects than XAM (FDF_Sounds, ArmAEffects, DMSmokeEffects, NWD Scopefix and NWD Ballistics, Suppression by Second...) and to run them alongside a modular system would be very helpful.

I personally run XAM because of the DSAI, ambient sounds in tanks and some minor features. But I really don't like the effect from XAM preventing some other effects from other mods.

Please think about a similar approach to the community like TrueMods and ProperMod has done. From these mod teams you can pick the changes for ArmA one by one. If you like it you can include it, if not then leave it out. This would be great to have this possibility with XAM.

second that arma would kick *ss with a combo of those mods.

really really really hope to see a XAM 1.4 version that supports Solus' extended event handlers very soon. There are so many mods that doesn't work with XAM just because you don't support Extended Init event handlers from Solus sad_o.gif

really really really hope to see a XAM 1.4 version that supports Solus' extended event handlers very soon. There are so many mods that doesn't work with XAM just because you don't support Extended Init event handlers from Solus sad_o.gif

Kroky,

I'm not sure if you saw this or not but Snake22000 confirmed that v1.4 will use EIEH. If you didn't see it, check right below your post at the very top of pg. 6

Edit:

Oops... I see that you did know about Snake's reply. Christ I missed that post, twice. Third times a charm I guess. biggrin_o.gif

I get it now, I think, maybe. Hoping for a teaser/update? Try the XAM English forum. I have a feeling he checks their forums much more often then here. Just a hunch but honestly, I ain't got a clue. I think you may get a quicker response so I figured I'd mention it. If know this already, I apologize.

whistle.gif (I would love to see a progress update as well. Though, alas, I'm not comfortable asking anybody for em.) biggrin_o.gif

Wow. Downloading 1.35 now, to play with ArmA and Queens Gambit. Wonder how playing through the Armed Assault campaign again with this mod installed will be. Any opinions on people who played the original Armed Assault campaign (patched 1.08) and then played it again with XAM 1.35 installed?

Anyone tried the Queens Gambit campaigns with 1.35?

PS. Does anyone else think the Royal Flush campaign absolutely stinks??!

Hi,

I want to add XAM to our server, but first, I must to know,

if XAM enabled on server, can modifi something in "normal"

gameplay such as ECL clanwars, etc. Or other missions are immune

to XAM?

Second: What files must I copy to server, so XAM can be working

OK on client side? (I don't have big upload, so this is important)

Thx

What happened to the default, right mouse click, "Zoom"?

Doesnt seem to work now that Im playing XAM

I right click, and it zooms in when Im using rifle optics, but does not work without that. (It used to w/o the mod)

Also, when looking at a unit from external view, the zoom toggle also does not seem to work.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Great mod by the way. Looking forward to 1.4 with patched 1.09 big time!!

This is not a problem the zoom in XAM i disabled for a better realism.

if XAM enabled on server, can modifi something in "normal"

gameplay such as ECL clanwars, etc. Or other missions are immune

to XAM?

you can choose either run your server with XAM or not

ok so i downloaded the mod now it requests a password where the hell do i find a password?

and i have another question to all mod makers

why the hell do you even put passwords to annoy the people who finnaly downloaded and now they have to go crazy to find the password?

crazy_o.gif

banghead.gif

ok so i downloaded the mod now it requests a password where the hell do i find a password?

and i have another question to all mod makers

why the hell do you even put passwords to annoy the people who finnaly downloaded and now they have to go crazy to find the password?

crazy_o.gif

banghead.gif

The pass to unpack the file is in the armaholic page naash posted (below the pic and title) and i'm sure is also posted in this topic: Xam 1.4 released.

If u check that topic you would see why they used a pass. They did cause they released the mod few days before the official release date to save websites who "mirrored" it from having problems cause of the traffic it generated. (But it failed at armaholic if i recall correctly biggrin_o.gif).