Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3:05 Released !

XAM 1.3:05A is available NOW !

This version is fully compatible with ArmA V1.08 .

"1.3:05B" will be compatible with 1.09.

This is a full version so, you have to uninstall your former versions of XAM.

In this version : reported bugs corrected, performances improved.

Special thanks to Naash for the XAM tactical guide traduction (available too, right now). wink_o.gif

Mod File > http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=212

English Tactical Guide > http://91.121.64.167/XAM_Tactical_Guide.rar

XAM English Forum: http://time-to-cry.info/xam/forum/index.php?c=2

XAM US Website: http://xam.armedassault.fr/us/index.html

XAM 1.3:05A US CHANGELOG

-------------------------------------------------------

- Installation of the mines (leaping) less risky for the player.

- Icons editor of the mines (leaping, claymore and traditional) changed.

- The mines are not visible any more on ingame map.

- Corrections of the equipment to the respawn for some units.

- Lag caused by the explosions of vehicles slightly decreased.

- Correction of the error message related to the laser rangefinder in the cases of ammunition.

- The icon of the cases of ammunition XAM in the editor is now representative of the angle of this one in the play.

- Return of the normal external sight..

- Vulcan can from now on carry out a zoom in mode concerned.

- Correction of the bug which prevented the mines claymores from exploding in certain cases.

- Light improvement of the performances.

- Bug of blocking on the ladders fixed.

- Correction of the error message “cannot load texture XAM_gavr \ F \ 111.paaâ€.

- Correction of the bug of the white faces with the Ghillie snipers.

- It is from now on impossible to enter a vehicle tractor drawn by UH-60.

- The Musical radio is not active any more in parachute during the ejection of the player.

- Any soldier having a laser rangefinder (fed with a battery) can use the module of measurement on this one.

+ The XAM English tactical guide !

Is it known why XAM running on an MP client machine can cause multiple other clients not running XAM to CTD, and sometimes the server itself to crash when not running XAM?

Looking at the video it is a crying shame that those problems have existed. I would like to run XAM also, but..

So hence the question: why does this happen, and how / when will this be corrected?

It would be good to see the "NO XAM" banners removed soon, if possible?

Nice... I'm a big fan of XAM, although i havnt tested it out fully..

Good job

thumbs-up.gif

Great, downloading as we speak, finally I got to read the english guide and know why I couldn't enter coords for air/artillery strike smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

WarWolf @ Oct. 29 2007,10:48)]Is it known why XAM running on an MP client machine can cause multiple other clients not running XAM to CTD, and sometimes the server itself to crash when not running XAM?

Looking at the video it is a crying shame that those problems have existed. I would like to run XAM also, but..

So hence the question: why does this happen, and how / when will this be corrected?

It would be good to see the "NO XAM" banners removed soon, if possible?

It could be corrected by adding a feature where XAM would check if the server is a XAM servers, and if it isn't then it can force the game to shutdown. Sure it's crashing the game, but in this case I think it should be done.

Better than crashing a server and other players.

It's a pretty major issue, not something the XAM guys should ignore.

Gret job from ur team its nice big so take sometime to download it, Merci!

70 percent downloaded from armed.info URL server ftp link, it has got 70 percent and dropped out ... My connection is on and fine but its just dropped off banghead.gif

Can anyone off armed.info site check it out, I restarted download and its not having it now.

It cant load page for the FTP link anymore, has it been moved or is server down? Does it support "resume"?? Otherwise another big download AGAIN.

i saw the video on youtube and it definitively convinced me , it really seems a gigantic work wow_o.gif downloading

thank you ! thumbs-up.gif

Mmm... Can someone help me here... When I install XAM I don´t see any primary weapon on the soldier but I can fire anyway... Anyone has this problem?

Best regards

Focha

Why not releasing just a patch for XAM v1.3?

Instead of downloading 1.23 GB and wasting time? sad_o.gif

But well done! Nice mod! biggrin_o.gif

Ok ... im confused and frustrated on calling artillery / air stike even after reading and following the English guide.

1. I have a spotter and have required my coordinates

2. (quote from the guide) :

Quote[/b] ]

Transmit the target position using hummer or BRDM radio

Once you know the target coordinates, you need to send them to the fire base.

- Climb in a vehicle (hummer or BRDM)

- Select “radioâ€

- Choose “field artilleryâ€

- Enter the coordinates (X first then Y) **where???**

- Radius

- Type of shell

I get into the hummer and open radio, request field artillery, I get a go ahead and then the other two option show up for coords / radius etc ... but ... theres no boxes to type anything in!?? This was the same with Xam 1.3 and I didn't have the hummer, thought that was my big mistake, so now I do have the hummer and command and control stryker I still cant enter coords ... ive never got any further than this point ... please help anyone, what the hell am I missing / where EXACTLY do I enter the coords on the radio???

Do I need another unit as "fire base" or something, or is this automated script and you ONLY need a spotter, hummer & C&C Srtyker (of which I have all but still cant enter coords anywhere).

Downloading....150 hrs to go.....

just watch the video..awesome...

first download stalled out at 50%...I started a fresh one and its size is 1,285,168,104 bytes. But it now says its not a valid archive??what gives? sad_o.gif

im not a forum mod, but someone needs to say it.

please discuss this mod, feedback etc and not your DL problems. i DL'ed it from armaholic w/out issue and fast too.

thanks for the update xam team, checking it out tonight... you guys are great.

Well I put a feedback here but no one helped me so far. I have download first the french version. Install it... Run it and I lost all the weapons on the soldiers, I don´t view the model, I just have the sounds and still I can fire the weapon. Then I totaly uninstalled the french version and download english one, install it, run it and I get the same error. For example;

I open mission editor, put there a soldier and I don´t see any weapon but I can still shot the weapon... And I don´t see all the others things that was supposed to see... lol

Please help me if you can on this one... It is something I am doing wrong?

Best regards

Focha

im not a forum mod, but someone needs to say it.

please discuss this mod, feedback etc and not your DL problems. i DL'ed it from armaholic w/out issue and fast too.

thanks for the update xam team, checking it out tonight... you guys are great.

Man, this addon is the best and the only addon which improves overall ArmA experience in many ways and makes things as they just should be. I have used weapons in my life, believe me!

XAM is must-have.

I'm having this weird issue lately. When I am on a map with AI units I can hear them saying things--both enemy and friendly units. However, when it is just myself and a human player on the same team, I don't hear those sayings like "cover me!" "follow me!", etc. But my buddy can. We're both using the same mods together with XAM as noted below:

-------------------------

DM Smoke Effects

NWD Ballistics

NWD Scope Fix

OFP Voices

Real M136 Mod

6thSense Pack 1

TrueMods (version 2 I believe it is?)

and recently BPA Real Sound Mod

---------------------------

Is anyone else having this issue or know what is wrong? I'm using goArma launcher and tried switching the positions of all the mods and nothing has worked. sad_o.gif

Ok ... im confused and frustrated on calling artillery / air stike even after reading and following the English guide.

1. I have a spotter and have required my coordinates

2. (quote from the guide) :

Quote[/b] ]

Transmit the target position using hummer or BRDM radio

Once you know the target coordinates, you need to send them to the fire base.

- Climb in a vehicle (hummer or BRDM)

- Select “radioâ€

- Choose “field artilleryâ€

- Enter the coordinates (X first then Y) **where???**

- Radius

- Type of shell

I get into the hummer and open radio, request field artillery, I get a go ahead and then the other two option show up for coords / radius etc ... but ... theres no boxes to type anything in!?? This was the same with Xam 1.3 and I didn't have the hummer, thought that was my big mistake, so now I do have the hummer and command and control stryker I still cant enter coords ... ive never got any further than this point ... please help anyone, what the hell am I missing / where EXACTLY do I enter the coords on the radio???

Do I need another unit as "fire base" or something, or is this automated script and you ONLY need a spotter, hummer & C&C Srtyker (of which I have all but still cant enter coords anywhere).

because you need to place a command stryker too.

to request arty you need :

- a spotter

- a radio (hummer or command stryker)

- a CP (aka Command stryker)

everything is explained in the tactical guide, if I well remember... whistle.gif