Sign in to follow this  
m4r1ne

WP Insurgents

Thanks for the help , we will make sure to get a updated version with all blood textures pistols.gifxmas_o.gif

thanks for not annoyingly teasing us and just puttng them up for down load

other addon makers please take note

You really didn't just compare (well done retextures I might add) retextures to multiple new models and textures did ya? rofl.gif

Oh hey ArmAVidz. if all your ognna do is talk shit, and act like a kid with the "mine is better" bullshit, then please dont post.

Thanks in advance  mad_o.gif

Lovely.

Quote[/b] ]and act like a kid with the "mine is better"

It wasn't meant like that. The "well done retextures I might add" was in reference to your insurgents. If I wanted to talk shit, I'd say something that was completely derogatory and perhaps a little inflammatory then finish the statement with a spin relating to some fictional ass-whooping I would hand out.

I cannot control the situation whereby someone doesn't understand a statement because they don't understand the punctuation. Sorry you misunderstood.

Quote[/b] ]thanks for not annoyingly teasing us and just puttng them up for down load

The underlying fact is that there were two threads opened, someone was whining yadda yadda...it just happened to be in your thread...

...thanks for the love  inlove.gif

You really didn't just compare (well done retextures I might add) retextures to multiple new models and textures did ya? rofl.gif

Oh hey ArmAVidz. if all your ognna do is talk shit, and act like a kid with the "mine is better" bullshit, then please dont post.

Thanks in advance  mad_o.gif

Lovely.

It wasn't meant like that. The "well done retextures I might add" was in reference to your insurgents. If I wanted to talk shit, I'd say something that was completely derogatory and perhaps a little inflammatory then finish the statement with a spin relating to some fictional ass-whooping I would hand out.

I cannot control the situation whereby someone doesn't understand a statement because they don't understand the punctuation. Sorry you misunderstood.

Quote[/b] ]thanks for not annoyingly teasing us and just puttng them up for down load

The underlying fact is that there were two threads opened, someone was whining yadda yadda...it just happened to be in your thread...

...thanks for the love  inlove.gif

<3 you 2

tounge2.gif

Well I am quite impressed, most of these are about as good as it gets without modeling.

Off topic: I want to make a trailer (which I need to record sounds from other videos for)

But my motherboard's sound card is a piece of shit so it cannot record from line in (sterio mix), my question is, are there any programs that record sound the same way FRAPS records sounds for it's videos?

First off, Kerry doesn't even own photoshop so I'd like to know how exactly he helped create this. And why hes so anxious for feedback. The red towel around the insurgents head wrap was a custom face made by Chaos. Who sent it to Kerry a.k.a Curatalo. Looks like Kerry decided to put it in the pack without even asking and claiming it for his own.

Proof from Chaos's photoshop :

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/gr33nmachin3/originalface.jpg

Thanks in advance mad_o.gif

Lovely.

...thanks for the love inlove.gif

<3 you 2

tounge2.gif

o nooo i didnt mean to start an argument. I Was just kiddin around that its nice to have these chaps released.

come on lets all take a chill pill

and to whomever released made the texture i have an idea

why not put a little label on the head scarf to show you made it you know like clothes have in real life.

perhaps we could start a sharani clothes company

Lol, "This is not just a head scarf, this is an M&S head scarf, welcome to our new Sharani branch."

I was thinking about tagging textures actually. Not a label but a small stamp that can only be seen from a close distance, basicly a signature from the author to stop arguments.

I think its a good idea why limit it too clothes you could stamp textures for guns etc.

Also it would be a lot nicer to see soldiers wearing hip and trendy labels rather than some of the rubbish i see them in around the streets of sahriani.

come on boys get with it. Its no wonder theres no ladies on the island.

First off, Kerry doesn't even own photoshop so I'd like to know how exactly he helped create this.  And why hes so anxious for feedback.  The red towel around the insurgents head wrap was a custom face made by Chaos.  Who sent it to Kerry a.k.a Curatalo.  Looks like Kerry decided to put it in the pack without even asking and claiming it for his own.  

Proof from Chaos's photoshop :

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/gr33nmachin3/originalface.jpg

CLaiming for my own???

where does it say it is MINE?

No where in this post, or stated to anybody was that said.

and I didnt know who's it was, it was just saved into my ArmA Other Profiles/Username/ folder, so I thought I could suggest it in the pack.

(not really a way to find out)

ANd your right, I dont have Photoshop, yet you gave me the link to torrent it.

I didnt help to much with this addon, I will admit. Because I am unskilled and computer illiterate.

Mainly all I did was add a few flags onto the custom faces, and find the classanmes for RHS wewapons and normal

Blackwater, we know you got owned by kerry a while back, so please dont try to get dirt on us, its really unprofessional.

Sofar they work great! I got the normal weapon version to be safe.

Only one prob I've found is the IED, is it only set off by script? It says time bomb, but it never seems to go off, it can only be placed and no other options come up.

Maybe give us a garage door opener, or cell phone bomb. Not sure of the different types of IEDs yet.

I really hope MAPfacts mines are coming to ARMA or another similar pack.

Yea we noticed that problem, we will fix it with the next version.

Well I'm afraid your gunna have to take Chaos's face out of the pack seeing as he doesn't want it in there. So it should make your little retexture pack even worse than it already is. And yes lmao I did get "Owned" over the internet by a 14 year old kid. Yeah okay. Hes an internet tough guy what can I say man. Behind that computer of his just shows how bad he is. Oh and Kerry nice attempt at acusing me of sending a torrent link, kiddo. No proof, shame.

Hmmm, Blackwater.. I don't like to be rude, but these guys never said they made that face, plus we have not heard from chaos whether or not he wants it in the pack.

So until we actually hear from chaos himself, you can just go get lost and stop dragging yourself down.

By the way, there was never a terms of use agreement (that I know of) with those faces, at this point it would not matter if he didn't want them in the pack, these guys could still keep them in, kiddo.

these pesky insurgents really are already causing quite a bit of trouble are they not?

How about we all shoot at them for fun eh?

Thats want they are for, it terms of gameplay smile_o.gif

By the way to all the people who made this mod, You should probably make your readme a bit more thorough, just to avoid arguments like that one a few posts back.

Yea to say the truth, i wasnt aware of this whole issue, so this is new to me. Blackwater obviously wants revenge because he is a fag, pretty immature of him.

The way you enter the forums behaving like a child just makes me think of a kid crying behind his computer. rofl.gif

On topic: I'm glad to see some tangible insurgent/terrorist models/textures. I honestly thought that this would be out sooner than later, but alas here they are.

I would like to see:

* Three dimensional towels

* Blood

* Middle eastern civilians

* Afghan clothed insurgents

Off topic: Are textures/models/scripts/missions created by another user protected with intellectual property rights? Is someone going to get sued because they are using someones line of code in their contribution? If I use someone's shtuff, I would give credit due somewhere like the readme. Maybe the originating artist is going to make a improved version anyway?

(disclaimer: This message is not meant to be inflammatory, degrading, intimidating, or negative in any fashion).

I was never aware of this problem, dont be stretching this issue farther than it needs to be, i will inform chaos.

This is my first addon and probably my last, i tried my best...

Well it looks like everything worked out O.K. I am not getting any lag with them, and it seems almost every reskin has problems with blood. I would say this addon is about average. I map a LOT for hl2 and always get at least one piece of unfreindly crit, after a while you just ignore it. So I wouldn't give up on addon making.

I would like to see some modeled towels in a later version though.

They're not towels...they're called kuffiyah's (also spelled keffiyeh and sometimes called a Shemagh or Ghutra)   In case you haven't noticed, some of us on here are from the Middle East.  Even Jewish bedhoins and Christian Arabs sometimes wear what you call "towels".   Refering to middle-eastern head covers as towels is an obvious reference to the racist term "towel-head."   Maybe some of you don't realize how offensive the term is, but I ask politely that the proper terms be used for ethnic clothing (or at least just calling them Arab head covers or something like that) rather then derogatory terms.

As far as using other people's work, while I've never heard of anyone suing anyone else (partly because most OFP/ArmA users are in different countries with vastly different laws), it is considered an un-written rule that you should always ask permission from the original addon maker. Also if any of the original work was done on Oxygen/Oxygen 2, then it automatically becomes a product of BIS and is technically not supposed to be sold without permission from BIS.

If you can not get ahold of the original authors of a model, texture, or script, then normally most addon makers don't mind as long as you give them full credit for their hard work in a readme file that goes along with the addon.

I've only done that after I've made several attempts at contacting the original authors. Sometimes its just an issue of a mod team have very few people who speak your language (or an addon maker that doesn't) and thus they don't respond.

So my advice is just to try to do as much as possible to make sure that another artist's work is recognized if you must use it. Some proponents of individual intellectual/artistic rights may balk at this, but the OFP community (and now ArmA) has always been an excelent community when it came to sharing work with each other and helping each other out. That is one reason why it was so successful. I would hate to see the ArmA community evolve into a highly competitive and non-cooperative community. In that case the capitalist model fails and while you may end up with a few really great addon makers/teams, you also end up with much less variety and innovation as the knowlege isn't openly shared and good models are not allowed to be developed into different cool variants.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Awww thats cute man. Real cute. Yes... I obviously want revenge because you all took something you didnt make and tossed it in your shit pack.