Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

SPG-9 Recoiless rifle

Heres my latest project, its based off of the unused SPG-9 model found in weapons.pbo. The gun and ammo will be able to be broken down and carried by its crew and you will be able to load it into the backs of vehicles.

screenshot

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/Autozam/SPG92.jpg

I'm having a problem with it though, I cannot get it to rotate and elevate at all, I have all the selections setup and cfgskeletons.h setup as far as I can see and it will not respond to mouse movements, I can hear the servo going back and forth and even reaching the end of its rotation but nothing moves, If anybody wants to take a look at a super early version and try to fix it or knows where I should look for this problem please tell me.

Damn! What a pleazant surprize!

It must be a part of that UAZ + SPG-9 BIS forgot to add (but not to announce, like that CZ BRDM in OFP) smile_o.gif

got a link mecha ?

I'll pm you a link to the PBO now.

Also if I have time and energy I may have to do a version of the UAZ and Technical equipped with these.

nice weapon mate, and it would be great if we hav this beauty mountained on a UAZ, but i hope u figure out how to solve the problem.. regards

Very nice MechaStalin!

Hope you'll get this beaty ingame.

Looking forward to this one! smile_o.gif

MfG Medicus

Have you ensured the model has the correct memory points and relevent axises (not sure if thats the correct pluralisation, but I don't care). If its configured right (which it seems to be, seeing as you hear it rotating) it may still be a selection issue (remember that selections are CaSe SeNsItIvE).

nice weapon mate, and it would be great if we hav this beauty mountained on a UAZ, but i hope u figure out how to solve the problem.. regards

Agreed. The ArmA site actually lists a UAZ with one mounted on it as a unit in ArmA. I guess BIS didn't finish it but forgot to remove it from the site whistle.gif

Yay!! its fixed!!!! yay.gif

i CANT WAIT for this!!!! notworthy.gif

Good work! thumbs-up.gif

Weapon should be done fairly soon as its simple its really up to how complicated we want to do the scripting. I was also thinking of making it required to have a two man crew where a second man would drop the shells out of his inventory onto the ground and then he would have an add action to load a shell when standing beside the gun. This would make the weapon fairly realistic to use in multiplayer requiring a two man crew to deploy and man the weapon.

But I will also include a simple single player version that is just deployed through the mission editor which reloads its self or the gunner reloads like a standard gun.

Right now I am touching up some things, trying to dig up data on shell ballistics, and probably doing a realistic optic. If all goes well I'll have it realistically setup to the optic so the rangefinder and drop indicators work.

Oh and anybody who knows how to prepare an optic texture for ArmA, could you try your hand at making this into a one?

pgo9-05.JPG

Quote[/b] ]The gun and ammo will be able to be broken down and carried by its crew and you will be able to load it into the backs of vehicles.

This would also be great for the AGS - DSHKM

- M2 etc...

Quote[/b] ]The gun and ammo will be able to be broken down and carried by its crew and you will be able to load it into the backs of vehicles.

This would also be great for the AGS - DSHKM

- M2 etc...

Yeah its planned to add this script to several deployable weapons.

It is! What would we do without VBS2! We'd probably have to play with old OFP stuff as placeholders untill ArmA2 smile_o.gif

Anyway... hope the ammo for this recoiless gun will allow it to engage both infantry & armor\cars without any manual reloads - like those BIS arty. units can...

Sorry about a lack of updates, I burned out my short little burst of energy for ArmA editing.