Sign in to follow this  
armatech

ArmA Talon

After a week of modeling a buddy skull come up with a nice little model for me to play with this addon has been seen before but not in a public version of BI games i introduce Talon1 (Name may be changed as not 100% decided).

a few shots:

fullsize

thum_14715156369a59.jpg

This is not the real texture it just looked crap with out it lol

fullsize

thum_14715eb078384c.jpg

Youtube videos:

Looking for help with animated track models

We are working on 6 variants of this baby Tow, metal storm,m107 and a few more

but from the vids.. that looks like an awesome addon smile_o.gif

Please release  thumbs-up.gif

when done it will be and its not gonna be long by the speed we have gotton this as far as it is now

Wow. I really like the camo texture tounge2.gif and...is that a tomahawk you're building? Wow. For naval firing? smile_o.gif

Looks great , tracks have to be done via texture . cant animate the 3d track : /

the way Ofp and arma handles tracks is like a rubber band with textures animating aound it .. you can cut holes into the track via alpha cuts ... the big ribs on it wont be possible .

from the vid its a mini death machine so far , duno about real handling but i figure it might not go as fast as that , its gona be low geared for torque .

animated tracks can be done check out the vbs2 part 4 movie for a split second you can see the tracks move it just gonna take me a while to get my head around it i was kinda hoping BIS would be so kind as to let me see there animation calculation they used so i can get an idea on how this is done

That video is hilarious. I think it travels just a little too fast, even with accelerated time. What a killing machine! rofl.gif

If I hadn't already seen this type of vehicle on one of those future weapons documentary shows (like this image), I would have thought it was an unrealistic concept. Nice to see someone implement it.

Are you planning on allowing a player to manually remotely control it with a remote video view and remote movement and firing? (Like this image). It looks like you've got AI controlling it in this early demo.

(Edit: Nevermind, missed the last line.) Is it going to be able to replace the actual weapon with any MG/gun/sniper rifle like I've seen in the documentary, or would that require a separate model for each weapon?

as the gun mounts are diffent for mounting a weapon a new model is needed for each one at the mo we have a few top sections done and configed im just franticly tryign to get the calculations doen for the animated tracks i go ti going half way round it now woohoo but then its just twigs out

animated tracks can be done check out the vbs2 part 4 movie for a split second you can see the tracks move it just gonna take me a while to get my head around it i was kinda hoping BIS would be so kind as to let me see there animation calculation they used so i can get an idea on how this is done

Yeah, it's possible with the rubber band method. You can't use 3d tracks in any game actually, you need to make it a rubber band and texture it and use normal maps. 3d tracks take way too many polies for the same effect you can get with normal maps. I'd suggest that you use the tracks you have now to make a normal map out of them and use that.

nice work, buddy, hope to see it in the next campaign! smile_o.gif

Looking good will there be a variant to disable mines, satchels, ied's and clearing other dangerous ammunition and one with some recon stuff (camera, optics, voice/sound detection etc) ??

Uhh .. what a lovley beast! inlove.gif

... and one with some recon stuff (camera, optics, voice/sound detection etc)

That would indeed be sweet!

Very nice! thumbs-up.gif

MfG Medicus

Awesome high tech stuff.

Ok now these few questions arise...

1. Will it be able to operate via remote control?

2. Will it be possible to have the same view as in reallife thrue/over the actual scope of the weapon for like machine guns as the SAW?

3. Will you add good zoom factor to the m107 equiped version?

4. Will it also come as IED disposal unit, with like a satchel charge you could place?

5. Will there be M240 and M249 versions?

Good work man keep it up.

I hope the bomb disposal version, what the Talon was intended for is possible. Since we got the IED addon aswell.

edit

Was thinking about the above, with the bomb disposal. It might be a good idea if possible to put this under "independant" but with a us soldier driving. But it wont F off the triggers for the IED which are set for WEST troops...

@HUNTER

1. Yes

2. Currently i have just the 2 cam modes done gunner and driver that you can click a dialog and switch between still trying to work out how to get the turret controllable via remote.

3. Not created this section yet but i would guess so.

4. can do this with ease but not decided yet

5. Get me the textured model and then the answer is a yes

I'm working on a UAV system also for this mod

Preditor flight test

Ok,

Since there has been a little to much drama about this whole Talon thing (Behind the scenes) Ive decided to pull my model. This is not to say I have anything against Armatec because I don't and we're buds. But, on the other hand this whole thing has caused some problems and so we all stay friends im pulling out of it. Its just not worth loosing friendships over no matter how much work has been done on it. I hope everyone understands where I'm coming from especially Armatec.

Ok,

Since there has been a little to much drama about this whole Talon thing (Behind the scenes) Ive decided to pull my model. This is not to say I have anything against Armatec because I don't and we're buds. But, on the other hand this whole thing has caused some problems and so we all stay friends im pulling out of it. Its just not worth loosing friendships over no matter how much work has been done on it. I hope everyone understands where I'm coming from especially Armatec.

I think I speak for us all when I say this: 'Bugger'

This is just what arma needs, if arma's all about the future of combat and the present day..

Can't wait for these toys

wink_o.gif

Nice bis forum name skull lol "sklfkr" that's not a problem man its not your fault at all i understand your pulling 100%. ill just have to do a bit of modeling of my old version that i did way back when i just hope other party's don't think this is a opportunity to attack me again as they have in the past cant say names as ill be band.gif again and we don't wont that now do we lol.

Any how guys and girls don't be heart broken i will publish this in time i just need to model my own one or hope that sklfkr aka skull can sort out this democracy with the other mod team that hates me lol "who don't". so any way keep an eye out there will be a talon as promised soon"ish" just need to make the model as configs are done other then finishing up the animated tracks and to all that said you can't do it meh i did it

New UAV video

Watch new uav move

lol.. i thought UAV specifically meant, Unmanned Air Vehicle?..

Nice video..

It looks great ingame