Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

FFN MOD

I already have a replacement in this pack.the TR_FFN_REPLACEMENT.PBO is the replacement file.it add most feature to old BIS units

Just amazing wow_o.gif

The AI has never seemed so alive and deadly...

I'll be playing with this mod for a long time

This is very cool. Nice work! thumbs-up.gif

However it seems to stop my Dynamic Viewdistance mod (by Myke). Is there lack of XEH somehow in this?

Regards

Alex

the replacement enables the new combat AI only on default bis units right? edit: or should i say default bis classes? cause i tried it on RHS russian units and they wont init that AI mod "out of the box". im lookin into the scripts for workaround.

edit: nah nevermind, seems to be a XEH problem.

only replace the bis unit and those addons who define base on bis units.if you want enable the features to another addons,see the readme~

RHS russian units wouldn't work with XEH since they have their own personal eventhandlers that override XEH's. smile_o.gif A big shame, really...

Regards,

Wolfrug

is that OK if I cant kill a unit that is currently playing wounded animation ? crazy_o.gif

Most of my shots arent deadly, so I have battlefield full of wounded soldiers confused_o.gif

my only gripe is that i really hoped that the sf units were better than the normal infantry

like make the shooting more accurate and recover faster when stopping suddenly and shooting

Great mod !!!

i have been playing at least 3 hours running one time and another a mission with your units it is amazing!!

i got a few questions, if i want to use your mod with other units what do i have to do??

I know how to launch a script from the init of a unit but if i have to put two or three scripts??

The best of your mod is that there is no lag using it not like SLX that causes many lag.

Congratulations and continue your great work i´m gonna tell everyone here in spain about your mod!!

So Tony, have you thought about releasing the AI enhancements as single addons? So they can be used in other missions and in conjunction with custom units?

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Ok, I've been playing for quite a bit now. I like the mod, but I still prefer SLX. That doesn't mean that this mod doesn't have it's pros though.

I like the wounded animations, and the whole support chopper idea. But, there should be some form of option to toggle whether the support chopper reinforces your squad or not. It should also keep its engines running when it lands, because if combat's still going on, it's more vulnerable if it's not spinning its rotors. It also seems to take quite a long time to get the casualties and POWs into the helicopter.

One of the things I don't like about the mod is the lack of animations, namely the forward running animation, I just prefer SLX's. In SLX, the soldier has his gun up as he runs (Not sprints), allowing you to fire immediately if there's an enemy around the corner. And also, FFN doesn't allow you to look directly down or up which is quite annoying. Another thing is that you can't drag dead soldiers. Also, I found SLX a bit more immersive, because the soldiers would shout and scream when they're injured and bleeding. Also, I didn't like the lack of animations for the pistols (Slides aren't animated) and the fact that the magazines are magiced away like in normal ArmA.

The AI in this mod, though, is excellent. I found them much more challenging in the town on Rahmadi than SLX's because they used cover tactically. The supressive fire actually made me think twice before popping out of cover and giving them a quick spray with my AK, and they flanked me successfully a couple of times too.

The best thing ever would be if you were to collaborate with Solus and take the best features from both SLX and FFN and combine them into one hugely awesome mod.

EDIT: Oh yes, you should also give the Special Forces units green smoke grenades, too, as a regular army officer would look out of place among SF operatives.

So Tony, have you thought about releasing the AI enhancements as single addons? So they can be used in other missions and in conjunction with custom units?

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Now that's the eye opener for me wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ai enhancement just on its own is worth 20 all-in mods, would love to see this part standalone notworthy.gif

i totally agree on a standalone ai mod, im trying to incorporate modified group link script from SLX into FFN mod (no offense,just for my personal needs), to get the best from those two.

Well I agree on SLX having more nice stuff, but FFN so far is really good. Also Tony stated this changes are mainly for the missions and MP he wants to make so I guess this is only the beginning of a nice mod with its own unique style/gameplay. xmas_o.gif

To those who want an AI replacement: Tony said on page 16 that TR_FFN_REPLACEMENT.pbo adds the features to default BIS classes.

Edit: I haven't tried it, but in the readme apparently he has directions on how to enable it for other units.

To those who want an AI replacement: Tony said on page 16 that TR_FFN_REPLACEMENT.pbo adds the features to default BIS classes.

But my Johnny's marines aren't dodging my bullets crazy_o.gif

Same goes for Rellikki's SLA and so on ....

Yeah SLX MAY be better with more features, but FFN is more "User CPU" friendly heh pistols.gif

Safety option for weapons on the action menu is useless and only serves to mess up the action menu.

I prefer it to the SLX, mainly because it makes close combat realistically hard, and not as easy as in SLX or vanilla smile_o.gif

I hope to see some non-tony people release missions too, this mod really opens up a lot of opportunities in that regards biggrin_o.gif

Hi one more time

i´ve tryed the mod in a mission with some clan mates and it seems not to work.

We were using FFAA mod+GEAT mod+FFN mod +DBE1 (QG).

The problem is that the character of my mate remains like iced, he do not seems to move and i dont see him do anything.

When i played the mission offline and online with only my own in the server it wored well...

Well thanks for the great mod i´ll be waiting for news

thanks to all of you and regards

the problem is that FFN apparently isnt XEH compatible. thats why Rellikki addons, RHS russian units and other dont work, they already have an init eventhandler. the key is to MAKE it XEH compatible. geez