Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Lets have the "jap" debate again

we australians are pretty safe from name calling as everybody (the rest of the world) just ignore/don't notice us. I can only think of being called an ozzie which is self-imposed and very good. biggrin.gif

Mmmm didn t know they had a post about me biggrin.gif

BTW am using this name for over 20 years now.

Not japanese, i m belgian.

And i don t mind people calling me JAP, it s a must tounge.gif

Also another one would be "tag heueres". i made that one up.

well the slang in my area is the same as goldeneye's. except:

americans = americans

germans = well, i would say nazi but its politically incorrect

er, now i think of it i cant really list the rest without getting flamed.

PS isnt calling a japanese person a jap a bit like calling a pakistani a paki?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PS isnt calling a japanese person a jap a bit like calling a pakistani a paki?<span id='postcolor'>

I think yes.

Anyway, in the UK, Scots is short for Scottish, there is nothing for english, except maybe "Englander" as in WW2 films, eg, Halt, Englander! and what for welsh? The most insulting i must have heard is "Welshman"!

i can thiink of a shorter word for English =]]] but its not repeatable and would result in a ban biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Feb. 25 2002,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i can thiink of a shorter word for English  =]]]   but its not repeatable and would result in a ban<span id='postcolor'>

We would be most curious to see how you ban yourself.

Hilandor tell us what u call the englih. u do want flaming dont u ?

Hil dearly loves the English as he has told me on many occasions, the fact that Scotland doesn't have a football team means he's only too happy to wear his George cross boxer shorts whenever it comes to the 2nd round of a world cup wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 25 2002,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hil dearly loves the English as he has told me on many occasions, the fact that Scotland doesn't have a football team means he's only too happy to wear his George cross boxer shorts whenever it comes to the 2nd round of a world cup wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hahah, ownage!!!!!!!!!