Sign in to follow this  
SolidSnake-(SNK)

Do the Bis Team hate Russia?

Everybody is screwed, when the Britsh guys are the evils, then cry the britains, if the "Bundeswehr" the evil, then cry the german guys...

You're right, the most playerbase comes from middle Europa, but that tells nothing.

I don't would be happy to play my homecountry "army"

I like it with the USA and Russia, but a Alliance would be cool!

I would certainly buy a game if the bad guys were American.

Storyline: Insane American Christian Neocons start WW3 lead by President Frank Shrub. The world must rise against a fascist government that spends more on war than the rest of the world combined. Basic underdog story.

It would be an interesting game indeed.

It would be even more interesting to see if such game is allowed to be sold in the USA? In the country of Freedom? Would they allow that kind of games? Have there been any such games in their markets?

I would certainly buy a game if the bad guys were American.

Storyline: Insane American Christian Neocons start WW3 lead by President Frank Shrub. The world must rise against a fascist government that spends more on war than the rest of the world combined. Basic underdog story.

There is already a game like that. Well, the plot is not the same as what you describe, but the two opposing factions are spot-on. It is called Left Behind: Eternal Forces. rofl.gif

I like the Operation Flashpoint 2 storyline.

Russia is united with the United States of America and have a conflict against China

This thread might as well be closed. BIS obviously do not hate Russia and we're just going off-topic now.

To add, the foe in OFP was not Russia. Russia was not involved in that conflict. A communist hardliner rogue general broke away from the main government to go cause trouble on those islands with his forces. I think that if BIS is criticizing anything, it is fanaticism or nationalistic chauvinism.

Quote[/b] ]ArmA 2  is set in the near future, year 2009, in a fictional post soviet country called Chernarus. Players will be sent as members of a United States Marine Corps Force Recon squad to this country to prevent further civilian casualties and ensure ongoing stability there.

Change USA Marine Corps Force with british or aussies  smile_o.gif It's a "humanitarian mission", not the World War III

I have wondered why BIS use the US Army when most of the playerbase are from Europe.  No offence Americans I'm sure it's to do with the US military contracts for VBS.

Maybe it has something to do with that the most commonly spoken language by players everywhere is English, and therefore it is easier to approach for most of us than, say, if they spoke German, Czech, Finnish or any other language. That leaves you also with Brits, Aussies (Indians!?) etc. but then consider that the US is the biggest single games market - EU as a whole is big as well, but there isn't really one European nation or army, at least yet. You try to appeal to the biggest potential group of buyers, or something. Besides, US military is also the most appealing to non-US gamers as well (it might not be as appealing subject as it is in USA, but it is more appealing than any other choice). Another factor is that USA is also a 'world police' and has lots of war toys to pick from, making it easier to include them in the story.

Despite that, it's a bit confusing and annoying that every side speaks American English. Especially when in Armed Assault you can hear the shouted commands of both friends and enemies.

[...] Aussies (Indians!?) [...]

Aussies = australians

bubbashrimps, enven

Stop spamming the forums. If you have nothing important or constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

Spamming to increase your postcount might result in a postcount reduction and/or post restriction.

I'm half Russian and I'll be damned if I ever considered the opposition as Russians to be totally honest. Even if they were intentionally Russian I still wouldn't mind because it adds to game diversity.

Unlike many FPS on the market BIS gives us a choice of which side to play for, it's a breath of fresh air if you ask me. Not only that but we can literally create any scenario we can imagine, if that isn't cake I don't know what is.