Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

Nope I meant there was probably someone using a hacking code in the game you played. His goal surely was to embarrass (to stay polite) other players.

I think this has no relation with you config file.

What about a player vs player evolution. Using points to build factories or even have money like good old MFCTI.

Need something with this scale as player vs player. COOP is getting boring.

What about a player vs player evolution.  Using points to build factories or even have money like good old MFCTI.

Need something with this scale as player vs player.  COOP is getting boring.

I'm not for this cause is would look like an MFCTI. Evolution is an entirely different concept. What I would like to see is perhaps randomly spawned armours patrols in different areas of the Island. If you want to go even further. How about random attacks at the Airport. I'm evil like that! crazy_o.gif Variety ofthe best spice of life!

TCM

Last night playing SWM_Evolution Blue V2 on my server, we had a mission in Hunapu (far NW) and going through Pacamac village, I had the idea that it could be fun that a small group of guerrilla fighters (mainly infantery) tried to ambush our forces when passing by Sahrani's villages.

The main idea would be a small group of infantery with a road block or something like that, with maybe a canon, a MG, or even a a light armor, ambush players when this ones have to go through villages.

This would increase Evo's life time and adding some places to fight since there are "only" main cities to free.

What do you think about it ?

(That's not a request just an idea I had, and maybe would use in a future custom MP Mission.)

harrybigsacks these forums are not a place for you or anyone else to air one sided grievances about hosting companies. Please keep such comments out of these forums.

What about a player vs player evolution.  Using points to build factories or even have money like good old MFCTI.

Need something with this scale as player vs player.  COOP is getting boring.

I'm not for this cause is would look like an MFCTI. Evolution is an entirely different concept. What I would like to see is perhaps randomly spawned armours patrols in different areas of the Island. If you want to go even further. How about random attacks at the Airport. I'm evil like that!  crazy_o.gif Variety ofthe best spice of life!

TCM

Well when I meant a player vs player evo I didnt mean completly change the Original Evo.

To be more specific I meant maybe have a evo COOP and a evo Player vs Player with the same IDEAS that the COOP uses.

smile_o.gif Lo kiljoy,

The one thing I love about Evo is it's absolutely perfect for first time arma users it lets you play with all the toys in one big controlled dynamic campaign. but it does have some drawbacks the main one being you do the city's in sequence, suppose that could be spiced up with the side missions though as it stands the current side missions are a bit bland, but coop one team, or overlord, are both great missions that tackle that same problem we'll and both offer a bit more variety and randomness to a similar situation.

The other thing that detracts from the game play is the de-spawning & respawning of the enemy AI after your team has being pushed back out of the city, surely this just adds needless stress on the server's, I understand that your trying to add a certain degree of control to stop people moving into another city while the first ones underway I agree, but wouldn't it be easier to just disable all other city's until the previous ones have being completed? and leave the AI active once they have being started.

Both the support menu, and the AI field recruit/drop system are great along with touches like the dynamic weather, and quite frankly I don't think any big missions should be without.

Idea's;

One thing we did try on the old version was the hitch system although crude it did allow us to heli transport everything except the tanks, this allowed us to have a quicker deployment though out the game and became a god send to the engineer's to aid them in cleaning up every one else's mess. They was a heli tow script in one of the missions we came across when I first started playing arma might have being the air cav mission I'm not sure, you could actually see the tow cable when lifting the vehicle & watch the vehicle sway in the air throughout the flight, and it didn't allow you to drop vehicles once in flight which was a good idea to stop griefers.

We went for game play with that and it worked out we'll, and we reduced the aircraft respawn times to 20 mins as opposed to 50 & 30 mins, again to compensate for public play. Other than that Evo's are great, and thanks for taking the time to make them.

I finaly managed to play to the end...

And the final sequense is rather nice KilJoy..

But 2 min...A bit short...Make it 5...

And to add to a wishlist...NAPALM....Please...

I love to play this at night with Arma effects

addon..Shooting Javelins, Laws and dropping

arty without the NVG´s are awsome...

Imagine Napalm at night without NVG...Maaaan notworthy.gif

Guys, how many satchels does it take to destroy a tower?

I planted one, detonated from a safe distance but it still stood.  I planted my second and last satchel and detonated but again the tower still stood (I planted them right at the bottom as close as I could get).

Unfortunately when I went back to get some more the game locked up.

[EDIT] - its a pity that the servers don't remember you - like theres no central login server.  Every time I have to restart the game I'm at zero points.  I've only ever got as far as 54 points sad_o.gif

Thanks.

On Evo Blue V2 some towers seem to bug, once you detonated the first satchel, the marker disappears from the map but you earn no point and there is no blue message telling the tower went down.

But you said this time the tower still stood, was it still in its original form or like it was crushed (but not disapeared) ?

For the servers, dedicated servers must be set on "permanent mode" in their server.cfg . I don't know if non-dedicated server could be set on that mode since there is no server.cfg to refer to.

Last night I finished Evo Red V2 and there was no problem with any tower, all went down on the first satchel bomb. The problem seems to occur only on Evo Blue V2 (to my own ewperience only).

Guys, how many satchels does it take to destroy a tower?

[EDIT] - its a pity that the servers don't remember you - like theres no central login server.  Every time I have to restart the game I'm at zero points.  I've only ever got as far as 54 points sad_o.gif

Thanks.

It's only takes 1 satchel. My friends and I have never had a problem with the tower.

As far as the server remembering you.... As long as you don't change your name, you shouldn't be having these problems. Now if the server crashes, that's a different matter. On my server everyone who leaves and comes back always picks up where they left off. When you say restart, are you running your own server? Or, do you mean restart your system??? let us know..

TCM

Thanks for the replies.

I think I must be joining different "Evolution" servers in that case then. Is there any way to mark a "favourite" server so that I can go back to it later?

Satchel charges - difinately detonated two seperate ones on the same tower. Loads of scorch marks in the earth but the appearance of the tower didn't change. I didn't get credited with points either.

@ KilJoy:

I would like to see camnets for Medics and Enginers

and Snipers...

Enginers could hide the Reptruck as i have found it is

a 1 prio target for Harriers and A10 in Evo Red..

Medics could hide the MASH and maby you could

make it HEAL at a radious like 50m or so (100m

Diameter)

Snipers could have a small camnet to hide under..

I would also like to see Weaponcrates, not just ammo.

For 10 p you could have a weaponcrate dropped...

Maby for the Enginer..

Would it be possible to have the recrute new soldier

to anywere on map? It would be awsome to have the

option to paradrop a Fireteam smack in the town before

the AI Enemys spawn..Explosive firefights....Maby it could

be that only Lt´s and up could do this...

And NAPALM in the supportmenu PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE...

Aside from banning people with double quotation marks in their name, is there anyway to "fix" it so their name doesn't screw up the saving of scores?

Thanks for the replies.

Is there any way to mark a "favourite" server so that I can go back to it later?

Satchel charges - difinately detonated two seperate ones on the same tower.  Loads of scorch marks in the earth but the appearance of the tower didn't change.  I didn't get credited with points either.

I don't think there is a concrete way to save servers to a "fav" list. What I do in this case is get the server IP and place it in the "remote" section. This way, I can go to that server anytime.

As far as the satchels...sounds to me like a lag issue. I have played on servers that were laggy and did the same thing. Later in the game, (could be as much as a couple of minutes) I was credited with the task and the tower was destroyed.

TCM

Aside from banning people with double quotation marks in their name, is there anyway to "fix" it so their name doesn't screw up the saving of scores?

I don't believe so. May I ask, why do they even use double quotations in the first place?

TCM

@Deady about the quoted names, There may be a way to detect them and remove them from the saving system, then they could still play but the game would not remember them. The problem is you cant detect a charector in a string in arma script. but there may be another way.

I was working on napalm but got sidetracked maybe ill add that some time. Thanks for all your comments and observations people,

Some good ideas. Anything mentioned will be considered in any future updates.

I don't believe so. May I ask, why do they even use double quotations in the first place?

TCM

I really have no idea, i've attempted to make some fixes myself but I can't even test them because neither the game nor windows will let me include double quotes in a profile name. Any ideas how you even get double quotes in your profile name to start with?!

hit 0-0-5 when you got the rank for recruting.. then they paradrop in.

This might allready have been answered, but is there any rep trucks that dosnt pop back to base or any way of preventing it?

you can keep an ai in it, but then it becomes a target for the choppers/jets. Kinda double edged sword there with the trucks

Just to report something the I suppose be little typo. In the mission notes unlock, you call it <span style='font-family:courier'>Stryker TOW</span>, which is his classname, but in-game it's called after his full name <span style='font-family:courier'>Stryker ATGM</span>.

Like here. At a glance, this is maybe not the only one.

Edit: If interested, I've fixed briefing.html this way for both R/B V2. Not for QG.

alef

This might allready have been answered, but is there any rep trucks that dosnt pop back to base or any way of preventing it?

Yea i know all about that but i whant it to be

like, im in the base and i recr 3-4 rifleman

and i whant them to paradr in Somato.....

I dont whant them to drop right next to me...

Not all the time that is..

In this session, I've done something that instantaneously killed and buried my A.I.s and the other players. No disconnection nor me being killed. Maybe a bug in the mission or in ArmA itself?

KilJoy, I don't want to post the details here, you understand, also if don't know if it's repro, but if I PM to you it says "That member's Private Messenger box is full and is unable to accept any new messages." ...

alef

Yea i know all about that but i whant it to be

like, im in the base and i recr 3-4 rifleman

and i whant them to paradr in Somato.....

I dont whant them to drop right next to me...

Not all the time that is..

well take a chopper and airdrop them biggrin_o.gif

Request:

The motorcycle.. for doing recon and fast transport of small teams.

UAV control if possible, for a commander or something to do command and control of the forces.