Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution (Red+Blue)

First of all, great job Kiljoy.  We have been running it on our server for several days now with no crashes, and we allow mods and add ons.  The few bugs we have found have all ready been reported, bots not disappearing,  AH-1Z not reloading properly, but otherwise no major issues.

Teamwork is of utmost important now, and you have to take the tower down quickly, and the AI are super tough and are amazing shots!

We even had to post on our forums when someone got the first ICBM shot, of course that brought out the no nuke protestors.

Again, great work.

Just my 2 cents but i think that the AA is WAY too intense in the cities, maybe it would be better to put the Stinger/Strela soldiers with the shilka's? rather than with the squads, as basically any aircraft just get nailed as soon as they open fire on the cities.

Also, on evo red, im not sure but, there may be a bug with the shilka's not respawning, as in one game they got taken out by an enemy aircraft at our own base, and then would not respawn, im not sure if its relevant or not but, they were in the default starting positions. Eventually we thought it may have been because they were in the same spot that they didnt spawn, so we moved the burnt out ones with satchel charges, but still no spawn. Would be good to have some AA of our own lol. Other than that, i have no problems at all, and its made for a much more interesting challenge for my clan.

On another note, i think it might be interesting if u could make an option so that the enemy also only has infantry vehicles. Whether this was incorporated into "infantry" mode or another mode, I just think it would be a good idea, and maybe a good change to the game, as for now if u dont have AT, ur pretty much screwed.

I have tried running Evo Blue on Jolt but unfortunately it cannot last more than 24 hours before it crashes the server. It runs Evo 3 just fine.

Here is what welcomes me after the server has crashed running Evo Blue:

servererror.jpg

I have no idea if this is a dedi server bug or your mission that is causing it.

Hi KillJoy! Great Map!!!

Only 1 thing i did notice! The dead reqruit AI dont get bury like the east dead soldiers. Is there a timer for them to disappear or something else!!.

Thanks....

Awesome, Awesome work Kiljoy! It's like a breath of fresh air to work my way up the ranks again.

In the future when some big, quality islands are released - this version would be excellent.

I have experienced some desync online during AI reinforcements to cities but it cleared up, no crashes.

Thanks for relieving my boredom, keep up the good work.

Also, for Deady up above with the error - have you used the -maxmem=512 command in your shortcut? I had that same error and it cleared it up for me.

@ Oct. 08 2007,19:29)]@Dwarden spawning of city zones can create desync for a few seconds but it should level out, if a city despawns it does not create desync.

@])rStrangelove You can not set a timer on a satchel at the tower and die. When a person places a charge and dies before it goes off it is deleted before it goes off.

By planting a second satchel on a timer this became the "killer satchel" there can be only one.

So the first did no damage and the second was deleted before it went off.

You must place One , successfully retreat to a safe point and detonate.

"You must place One , successfully retreat to a safe point and detonate."

Im sorry, but that kinda sucks.. i know this is a game but still.. a bomb shoulden disapper just cos you die..

I have tried running Evo Blue on Jolt but unfortunately it cannot last more than 24 hours before it crashes the server.  It runs Evo 3 just fine.

sad_o.gif

I have tried running Evo Blue on Jolt but unfortunately it cannot last more than 24 hours before it crashes the server.  It runs Evo 3 just fine.

servererror.jpg

I have no idea if this is a dedi server bug or your mission that is causing it.

This is the same error I get and My server is rented from Art of War central

A player from the server told me that on two occasions, the crash happened sometime during the fight in Cayo.

Whether thats just because a certain amount of time has passed by then or if it's something happening in Cayo's scripting itself is anyone's guess.

I don't know how widespread this problem is but I know of at least a few others that get stuttering when the server runs 4 hour day mode. About every 7-8 seconds the game will stutter for about a half second, which makes flying very dangerous and just and all around headache when I'm on the ground. Not sure if you know about this, but I think it affects enough people that it just shouldn't be an option, the game obviously wasn't meant to run like that.

A player from the server told me that on two occasions, the crash happened sometime during the fight in Cayo.

Whether thats just because a certain amount of time has passed by then or if it's something happening in Cayo's scripting itself is anyone's guess.

When I ran this mission all week, the game has always froze up in Cayo. By freezing I mean ALL units with the exception of players are moving in place... Another thing which is really weird. We start out with 3 MH-6's. Somehow today I had an extra one. Same thing for the Hummers. Weird... crazy_o.gif

Lastly, Alot of the enemy armor was flipped over in Somato when we started our attack. Almost all armour with the exception of the shilkas and a couple of Brdm's

HBS help.gif

...enemy armor was flipped over in Somato when we started our attack. Almost all armour with the exception of the shilkas and a couple of Brdm's

HBS  help.gif

I've seen this before. Is the armour programmed to spawn in the exact same location as other armour? This may cause them to topple over or fall of the first tank...just a thought.

If so, might fix it by having them spawn randomly 10m around the spawn point.

If not, then i have no idea. biggrin_o.gif

Hope to see this up, so if i can help in any way i will do my best wink_o.gif

Its an old bug that was supposed to be fixed some patches back to do with collision and amour that makes them flip. It doesn't happen when they spawn but when they drive around a little, they spawn fine.

"We start out with 3 MH-6's. Somehow today I had an extra one."

You were hacked. There is no other explanation. I'm not surprised you get memory errors. Those hacks are very bandwith and cpu intensive due to sloppy coding.

I found a couple of typo's in Evolution Red...

1) In the Hints, it describes the SLA officer uniform when it shoud describe the BLUFOR officer's uniform.

2) If you play in the 500 men mode and lose, it says that US forces had to leave the island, when it should say that SLA had to leave the island.

ok, we finally made it past the "Cayo crash." ( It's what my friends and I call it.) When we arrived in dolores, most of the enemy were un-armed. I suspect they crossed the river. I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but If I were to leave my dedicated server and come back, my AI's have remained with the #2 slot being commander. Also I'm not sure what unit eraser you are using but sometimes it works. For the most part, There are ton's of Dead AI's (Blufor) laying aound the captured cities. This I believe is contributing to lag we sometimes experience. In Somato and Cayo, there were enemy armour on top of buildings....looks cool, but I'm sure this isn't supposed to happen. My mission is still going we are in Corazol at the present time. Lastly, when we take prisoners to the POW camp, they sit there for quite awhile once you really get going in the mission.

HBS out

I'd like to play more Red to balance things out, however I've got an issue with it: to bring armor to Bagango and beyond. The distance is long so I order my ai's to drive the armor there, but they always seem to get stuck confused_o.gif any good ideas on how to make them go all the way? Am I doing sloppy commanding or what?

The distance is long so I order my ai's to drive the armor there, but they always seem to get stuck confused_o.gif any good ideas on how to make them go all the way? Am I doing sloppy commanding or what?

I've had simular problems with the AI. For instance, most of the time when I tell my AIs in Repair Trucks to drive somewhere far away, they refuse to use the road. Instead they try to go through dense forests, steep mountains, deep river channels, etc. which causes them either to get stuck or use ~30 min on a drive that a human would use 4-5 min.

But I believe this is a problem with the AI code in ArmA, and not something KilJoy can fix.

If I remember right in ofp all AI vehicles used to exclusively use the road when in a state of "at ease". Shame they didnt do this for arma. If the vehicle you are sending has wheels a "Car" class there is a high possibility it will only use the roads. But if you are sending a tracked vehicle they tend to wander. When setting up the convoy ambush missions I found the only way to ensure they stay on the road most of the time was to put a "Car" type vehicle at the head of the formation and have any tracked vehicles follow it.

You as a commander can replicate this. Put the first AI in a car and the next AI in driver of the tracked vehicle. Then set them at ease and when they are both selected open the map and click the destination.The First AI car driver must be a lower number then the tracked driver. Now the car will lead your convoy and all tracked will follow it by road.

I don't know if we ran into a bug or whatever, but it seems as though only the engineer and SF classes can place satchel charges. If this is by design, you should probably put something about it in the notes, so people know it smile_o.gif.

Would it be difficult to allow GBU-bombing of the radio tower as well as satchel-planting? That could be an idea to add at least one more angle to the destruction of the radiotower. As it is now, you have basically two options. Sneak in and hope you remain undetected (very hard/impossible), or fight your way in and hope you don't get wasted before you have time to set it (hard) smile_o.gif.

Also, maybe it would be possible to make the cost of a HALO jump cheaper for the SF classes? 50% or 75% or something, that way you focus the use of HALO for the classes that are supposed to, while not limiting it for the rest of the team.

Other than that, I have absolutely nothing to critique, EVO-R&B is inlove.gif

@ Oct. 14 2007,19:09)]You as a commander can replicate this. Put the first AI in a car and the next AI in driver of the tracked vehicle. Then set them at ease and when they are both selected open the map and click the destination.The First AI car driver must be a lower number then the tracked driver. Now the car will lead your convoy and all tracked will follow it by road.

Interesting. Thx Kiljoy  smile_o.gif  I'll try this out.

Now that I've played this new version quite alot I really think the changes are for the better. Rock solid work.

Btw is any1 making a version with SLA troops starting from Paraiso airport? I remember there was a version like that of the 3.0 called Evolution East I think.

The HALO seems useless. I hoped it would help in the later stages of the game where getting to somewhere would take ages.

A revive or teleportation would be great. At least as an option.

It's hard to keep people playing when they simply don't have the energy to spend moving for 15 minutes straight (in the worst cases). And I concur, it feels a bit silly, especially when there are working people who really don't have that much free time.

So, as a request, can we have some kind of teleportation or revival of fallen comrades?

Hi! Great Map to play! Hmm The Disco thing in the end was something nice 2 c. Though I wish the score system can be a little bit interesting for :

1- Anyone that disable the radio tower will be given something like 50 points ( Default setting No Points at all)! as in the middle and late stage players likely 2 use choppers or armours to attack and only a few like to become Infantry and trying to blow the tower.

2- Players like 2 attack by foot should be given more points for killing or destorying than the other players like 2 use choppers or armours!!!

Thx : wink_o.gif

well, the mission crashed on the last 2 towns. confused_o.gif Also, I buried 374 dead AI's to reduce the possiblity of lag. It seems, when players take on AI's and then leave the game, the AI's just stay in the mission. Is this supposed to happen??